Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smuggler popularity

sparkyPR
12.23.2011 , 05:57 PM | #21
I think the class might become more popular once people gets tired of running around with light-sabers. I find no problems with the class mechanics. It might be the first time they are implemented on a MMO, but other franchises use cover very successfully and without complaints.

IMO there is nothing wrong with taking a few seconds to plan your attack, then taking cover and blasting everything on sight. It makes it more fun, than just going in guns blazing.
I play with a friend rolling a trooper, and the difference on play styles is obvious. But when it comes to damage we are on par, and I think my gunslinger has a better chance of survival.

LysandriaSW
12.23.2011 , 05:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LaManoNera View Post
I think it just means the Smuggler is being played by more "hardcore" players. A casual player wouldn't be on the forums much if at all.
I disagree. I am a pretty casual player and I L-O-V-E LOVE my smuggler! I fell in love with the class story line during beta (yay 4th pillar!) then had the added bonus of the run in, hide behind something and blow crap up combat style...whats not to love?!

I do agree with whomever it was that said the cover mechanic throws people for a loop, though. It took me a few minutes to figure out, but once I did, I never looked back.

jvonrader
12.23.2011 , 07:17 PM | #23
It's a new game, and everyone wanted to have a lightsaber.

Empire gets more people because there's some impression that by playing the "bad guys", you're more hardcore. Imperial Agent and Smuggler are the least, Imperial Agent simply has more becuase the Empire has more.

It'll even out after time.
"I'm 30 minutes late, man - that's jazz time, man!"

Santaner
12.23.2011 , 07:29 PM | #24
Smuggler was the least appealing class to me out of all 8 (including Empire). I then tried the Republic classes during the beta and the Smuggler turned out to be amazing. The healing style is my favourite and the Shotgun abilities sold me.

The story is "okay", but I'm definitely in it for the class mechanics and playstyle.
It is time.

Khazzar
12.23.2011 , 07:42 PM | #25
smuggler/sawbone = I'm soloing most content without downtime. I am the least played class in 90% of the warzones. Have yet to play with another smuggler doing FP. I am the only smuggler in the guild. As a healer I have a freekin shotgun. Stealth. Vanish. A kick in the ding dongs for opponents and a wookie & wonderful lines and the coolest starship.

Best class in any mmo ever! (maybe xept my twi lek dancer in star wars galaxies, she was awsome to... Maybe if she'd had a shotgun

Repodicus
12.23.2011 , 09:18 PM | #26
I played most of the other classes (Sith, Bounty Hunter, Jedi, etc...) and saved the Smuggler for last as I didn't want to spoil the fun when the game came out.

I'm torn between the GunSlinger, and the Scoundrel. Guess a coin flip should do it .

GymQuirk
12.23.2011 , 09:24 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Repodicus View Post
I'm torn between the GunSlinger, and the Scoundrel. Guess a coin flip should do it .
Just don't quick-draw and blast it out of the air before you check heads or tails.

Xatoo
12.23.2011 , 09:29 PM | #28
So far I kinda like the gunslinger over some of the other classes. However, I really find all the classes fun to play. It's going to take me a long time to level any up to really high ranks if I don't pick one for a main.
55 Marauder 55 Sorcerer
55 Sniper 55 Operative 55 Sage
55 Mercenary 55 Sentinel

55 Scoundrel 55 Vanguard 55 Assassin

EwokLuvr
12.24.2011 , 11:26 AM | #29
I'm struggling to enjoy my 35 sawbones. I played rogue, resto druid, and fire mage (proc-based) at various times in WoW, but between watching for HoT buffs and UH procs via tiny tiny icons (which would be better with UI customizations) and an energy mechanic that tells me I must NOT heal all of the injured people I see, but must be patient and wait or lose my "regen-zone," it's just irking me. I realize those mechanics are what some people like about the class though, and it seems everyone here is overall in love with it (which is good). I'm trying a few other classes now to see if they feel better to me. Oh well
This needed confirmation: I can assure you that the in-game support feature is not fake.
Ticket #1648696 12/26, finally answered on 1/13. There is hope!
"The guild Roster is less useful than a screenshot of a guild Roster."

PinnyFox
12.24.2011 , 01:55 PM | #30
I do love running around and mousing over every smuggler I come across (because I see corso or Bowdaar) and see Gunslinger.

And Ewok, if you're into the "heal everyone injured you see" thing, I'd recommend a Jedi Sage. They get a huge force bar and their regen doesn't get worse because you left the sweet spot.