Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Swapping out A/M/E's and other ??s

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Swapping out A/M/E's and other ??s

phalczen
03.25.2014 , 11:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
Some excellent responses here, but they haven't addressed your follow-up concern.

You should absolutely wait until max level to start worrying about augments. Huge waste of time/money if you're not max level yet.
I agree 100%

Adric_the_Red
03.25.2014 , 12:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
This is the case for the amount of armor rating (and therefore damage reduction) that a piece contributes to your total. So, an armoring with a rating of 66 will translate into x armor rating for head/chest/leggings, but something less than x for gloves and boots, and even less for belt and bracers.
Not. Armor values for waist and wrist slots are the same as for hands and feet.

At rating 74, medium armor has an armor value of 333 for head, chest and legs, and 208 for wrists, waist, hands, and feet.

Spoiler

AlixMV
03.25.2014 , 03:53 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
Some excellent responses here, but they haven't addressed your follow-up concern.

You should absolutely wait until max level to start worrying about augments. Huge waste of time/money if you're not max level yet.
Agreed if you're doing PVE.

But since I sell leveling Augments for profit, I can guarantee there are people who are Augmenting their gear while leveling--and my understanding is that it's PVPers looking for whatever edge they can get.

So if you PVP, you may (or may not) want to look into it.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee