Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix the "Jumping Bombers"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Please fix the "Jumping Bombers"

03.25.2014 , 09:54 AM | #11
Two primary possibilities. One is lag of some sort. Though if it is lag, I wouldn't worry about it too much, because while lagging their abilty to hit targets will be greatly reduced (though that's much less of a disadvantage for bombers because they let the server do most of their targeting) and their ability to avoid damage by any means other than 'jumping' also approaches zero.

The other way to achieve a similar effect is to just intermittently hit boost.

The way to tell the difference is by the behavior of the target lead reticle. If it's zooming back and forth in their direction of travel, then it's boosting, if the reticle lead is staying a fixed distance from the ship (or at least not moving around much relative to the ship) then it's lag, though there's no way for you to tell if it's natural or deliberately induced.
"A padawan's master sets their Jedi trial, Rajivari set mine."
- Zhe Lian, Sage.

03.25.2014 , 12:19 PM | #12
Definitely not boosting. I'm inclined to agree with GraydenTOR.

03.25.2014 , 01:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
I expect it is self-induced lag. We've got a few guys on my server who only do it when someone is shooting at them, too. Once in a while they screw up and hop right into an obstacle, but not often enough.
yeah in a match I was in yesterday every time I got on this one bomber's six he would suddenly start jumping and as soon as he was clear he'd begin flying like normal again.