Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To GS or not to GS, that is the question (Alt. Title: What's in YOUR hangar?)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
To GS or not to GS, that is the question (Alt. Title: What's in YOUR hangar?)

Bereduss
03.23.2014 , 10:42 PM | #11
Oops, i had a derp moment. I thought we were talking about the OPs server.
Rakuun Acrimous

The Shadowlands

Bereduss
03.23.2014 , 10:54 PM | #12
To the OP: If you don't like flying gunships, don't fly one. GSF is a game for enjoyment, you should fly what you enjoy flying. I'd even argue that you would help your team more by flying a ship you are good and comfortable with, rather than flying a ship that doesn't fit your play style.
Rakuun Acrimous

The Shadowlands

Yndras
03.23.2014 , 10:55 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
I also hate gunships and don't enjoy flying them at all, but I keep one in my hanger for those times when my team really really needs ion aoe.

We could ask why only one ship can provide a tool to counter deeply entrenched bombers and other such threats, but Verain would come in and sardonically dismiss it all as off-topic gunship qq.
this made me lol.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

Ramalina
03.24.2014 , 12:43 AM | #14
Well, not sure it's as much of an issue in TDM, cause you can use range to pull gunships and bombers out of their cozy little groups if they are a PUG.

In domination though you might try a Pike with EMPs and maybe concussions. Start hitting defense turrets, mines, and drones that are close to gunships and bombers. No lock on warning in that case.

Might be a starting point for you to try in any case.

What's in my hangar is two strikes I fly a lot, two scouts I fly some, a Quarrel I rarely fly, and a gunship and two bombers in storage that I've never flown.
"A padawan's master sets their Jedi trial, Rajivari set mine."
- Zhe Lian, Sage.

Twitch

Altheran
03.24.2014 , 02:40 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramalina View Post
What's in my hangar is two strikes I fly a lot, two scouts I fly some, a Quarrel I rarely fly, and a gunship and two bombers in storage that I've never flown.
The good old "First Starfighter" hangar.

Drudenfusz
03.24.2014 , 03:18 AM | #16
I would like to play more in my strike sighters (have 3 of them, but only 2 in ready to use in matches) but I end up most of the time playing either scout, when the opposite site has quite a few gunships or I am flying a gunship (I actually enjoy flying them) since they are strong (have also two of them always ready, with slightly different emphasis in the build depending on what type of mission). Only the bomber didn't made me too happy, maybe I will give it a another try in a few weeks when I have more points to spend on that ship.

So, overall, gunships are quite strong, but have a scout always ready to hunt gunships can make a huge difference (if I see too many opponents starting with scouts I prefer not to fly a gunship... at least opponents who have plenty of other options, against a team in which most players just have 2 ships I doubt that many of those will have done much with their ships either).
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

MystbladeWA
03.24.2014 , 08:53 AM | #17
I always have a GS in my hanger. I don't really enjoy flying it, I am certainly not as good with it in equal circumstances as my other ships. I use it pretty much solely when I end up in a TDM and we are getting farmed.

I always aspirationally aim for a 4:1 K/D ratio in matches and in those situations its really the only ship that can have a hope to achieve that, and I often do. I'm not terrible at it, its just not what I enjoy the most.

There is something malevolently satisfying in lining up that Scout that just tore you a new arseh0le and making him go pop from 14kms.

That's all GS's really are to me, "This match is a write off so imma throw lasers at you from over here" ships.
Harbringer Server Bastion Server
Predator Legacy

okiobe
03.24.2014 , 11:22 AM | #18
I don't really like flying a gunship but I like having some on my team. Especially when they have ion railgun. During the times I play I've noticed very few support minded gunships. When there are 2+ mine layers on a satellite it is almost mandatory to use a gunship to break it. Domination matches become boring when the other team has 3-4 competent bombers and your team has no gunships because you can never take a node.
The HarbingerThe First Order
Okiobe 55 Commando Mirque 55 Operative
The Ebon Hawk - Mujo
www.twitch.tv/okiobe

SammyGStatus
03.24.2014 , 12:05 PM | #19
My GS (Mangler) is my main ship. Automatically click ready and I'm down to take the opposition's hopes and dreams away. I've started working the Dustmaker during Domination b/c sometimes it's super irritating when a scout is circling a sat, so a bomber / dustmaker combo seemed ideal. Started flying a quell that hasn't been fully upgraded, but it's definitely fun. My blackbolt is pretty geared, as is my other scout (forget the name) but I don't usually fly them since I prefer to either snipe or to outfly someone (but be able to take a few hits in a dogfight). There was a time where the only ship in my hanger was a GS. Only time I really change ships is when we're up against noobs so they aren't AS SCARED, and thus less likely to quit GSF
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

NathanielStarr
03.24.2014 , 03:23 PM | #20
There is no real disadvantage to going gunship while there is on other ships. If you are in a gunship your chances to win go up, the more gunships the better also.