Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Ultimate Answer to Complains about gunships ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
The Ultimate Answer to Complains about gunships ?

Davionix
03.21.2014 , 09:46 AM | #1
Remember how before evasion was nerfed and bombers were introduced type 2 scouts and gunships seemed unstoppable.

With the introduction of bombers and changes to evasion problem with scouts was solved so I would like to speculate that when infiltrator class stealth ships are introduced they will be good against gunships in the way bombers are effective against scouts.

So maybe, just maybe, people should just wait until all ship types are out before making over 9000 threads about this & that ship being op and the neeed to remove it from game.

Any ideas ? Let the raging about OPships begin

They're on our left,right,in front of us,behind us..they can't get away this time.

Armonddd
03.21.2014 , 10:02 AM | #2
That leaves us with December through July of gunships being stupidly overpowered, and doesn't actually address any of the core concerns with the class.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Morgrid
03.21.2014 , 10:04 AM | #3
When a friend you know outside of the game says the pilot a gunship, punch them in the face.

Eventually they will learn not to fly one.

Or you'll kill them with blunt force trauma.

Either way, one less gunship.
Darth ImperÓus of The Ebon Hawk.

Galactic Champion of "Chase the Bomber"

SammyGStatus
03.21.2014 , 10:04 AM | #4
Remove all the ships! Every single one is OP, the entire game isn't fair!!! Seriously, they're developing this still. Give it time. Also, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, hoping to achieve different results. This is not the case. LEARN TO ADAPT PEOPLE! (Also, learn to not fight the GS with a DO... You're just stupid for dying that way if I 1 shot burst you)
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

Morgrid
03.21.2014 , 10:09 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyGStatus View Post
Remove all the ships! Every single one is OP, the entire game isn't fair!!! Seriously, they're developing this still. Give it time. Also, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, hoping to achieve different results. This is not the case. LEARN TO ADAPT PEOPLE! (Also, learn to not fight the GS with a DO... You're just stupid for dying that way if I 1 shot burst you)
Protorps on a bomber. Have the hull to take the hits and the damage output to make them pay for every shot.

You can pretty much turn the Razorwire into what a gunship should be. Slow, armored, and armed to the teeth.
Darth ImperÓus of The Ebon Hawk.

Galactic Champion of "Chase the Bomber"

SammyGStatus
03.21.2014 , 01:57 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
That leaves us with December through July of gunships being stupidly overpowered, and doesn't actually address any of the core concerns with the class.
I'm willing to confidently state that the Pilot > Ship. If I can take someone down in my undergeared scout, chances are my slightly-upgraded quell and my master GS will kill you just the same. GS's aren't OP - the players who face them don't know how to play
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

homeloard
03.21.2014 , 03:35 PM | #7
I'm willing to confidently state that the Pilot > Ship. If I can take someone down in my undergeared scout, chances are my slightly-upgraded quell and my master GS will kill you just the same. GS's aren't OP - the players who face them don't know how to play
It is not about a single GS being OP. Any single ship is killable by any other, it is the typical number of overlapping GS that are messing with the balance of the game. It is very easy to say LTP and everything will be OK but it just does not work that way. When I am sitting in front of the hanger waiting for a match I have to wonder how many players have simply gone back to the ground PVE game due to frustration. I totally blame the DEV's for poor training opportunities and not trying to at least do some form of matchmaking for new players. These are computer systems that can have defaults and even the simple act of putting players with less than 25 games (pick a number) in with other low game count players so they can get a sense of what it is like without getting stomped should be in place. There are levels in PVE aren't there. It is only good business sense (no comments about that allowed).
Cunning over comes everything.

Armonddd
03.21.2014 , 05:19 PM | #8
Ok, now apply that to actual real world situations, where enemy ships are piloted by people who aren't always terrible.

It's objectively true that I, a flashfire ace, have lost most of my lives to ace gunships (as compared to ace and non-ace pilots of other ships).
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

-Streven-
03.21.2014 , 07:16 PM | #9
Sammy you've said yourself that you can't put up the numbers in other ships that you can in a gunship. That's an obvious indication of the class being unbalanced. Ion rail needs to be tuned down and the ability for gunships to run away from scouts almost indefinitely needs to be removed. Currently gunships don't have any pronounced weaknesses and that's not right. Every ship should have a weakness. Where is the gunship's?

Verain
03.21.2014 , 10:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by -Streven- View Post
Sammy you've said yourself that you can't put up the numbers in other ships that you can in a gunship. That's an obvious indication of the class being unbalanced.
...it is? Citation needed. Damage meters don't win games.

Quote:
Every ship should have a weakness. Where is the gunship's?
Second weakest ship in the game after scout, second worst at maneuvering AND speed after bomber, inability to use dogfighting missiles, only one valid build, railgun types don't vary as much as the other components do (there's no 20k railgun, and no railgun with a huge site that is almost impossible to miss with), weakest class based defensives of any ship (5% DR versus 5% DR and 5% dodge on a strike, 10% dodge on a scout, and 10% DR on a bomber), inability to build any but one build mobility wise (you take barrel roll or you are wrong) or defensively (distortion on Type 1, directional on Type 2, other shields and engine components are entirely without merit).