Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taral V - General Edikar - Requesting Nerf

CapaxInfiniti
12.25.2011 , 09:08 PM | #21
If you're not dispelling, it is tough. Once you figure that out, it is actually pretty easy.

Dayshadow
12.25.2011 , 09:22 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Caress View Post
I've duo'd most flashpoints (all but colicoid, turrets are mean for two! :-P) so far with a buddy and companions while leveling, this one no exception. What I found worked best was to not fight him in his room, but to pull him out into the hall around the corner. This allows you to group the droids together and spam aoe on them, as well as all area abilities that stun/disorient/etc weak mobs will be effective.

Pool resources when they spawn, wait till they round the corner together, then bomb them with aoe.
Was this resently? I just got finished trying to beat this guy and tank could not get him to move from the center. We were doing seemingly well and then - BAM - Everyone was one shotted. Which is odd because we weren't even near each other.

I'm thinking we need to 60 sec stun multiple droids. Wondering if that console can be used again to kill 2 droids. Healer and one of the DPs left so couldn't try a 3rd time.

I'll probaly outlevel it next time I do it as I'm going back to doing class quests. I'm not too keen on sitting around wating for groups so I usually don't do flashpoints, but I really wanted to complete this one. Oh well.

On another note, did anyone have issues fighting Lord Hasper, the bonus boss? I'm wondering if the tank simply wasn;t using his interrupt or if he is immune. I tried freezing him but he did his super move regardless where he sucks everyon in and force lightnign AOEs everyone for like 70% of our health.
(▀▀▀▀!(Θ)!▀▀▀▀!!(████████████████████)

MariLupus
12.25.2011 , 10:30 PM | #23
Yup dispelling is definatly the way to go with this one. With that you can just take him in the midle of the room killing the addons when they appear.
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Trolls. At last we will have revenge.
Guildleader Mayhen, Nightmare Lands republic guild.

Maxiim
12.25.2011 , 11:17 PM | #24
A huge problem with most players that struggle with content (and this isn't at the OP, just in general) is that they do not interrupt or dispel anything. It happens in every mmo. It's even worse in pvp.

If you let his full auto attack go the entire time, you're gonna get wrecked. Also not dispelling will also ruin your day.

There's nothing to nerf. It's teaching people that not interrupting or not dispelling, is not ok and WILL kill you if you don't learn how to properly do it.

Jenslyn
12.28.2011 , 12:30 PM | #25
The problem with this guy is not his difficulty per se, but in relation to the rest of the FP. My group absolutely facerolled all of it up to him, and then suddenly the difficulty spikes IMMENSELY. Yes, he's the final boss, and that should show, but a more linear curve would be way better.
Story and PvE is fun but merely preparation for PvP for me - please don't neglect it

zDracor
12.28.2011 , 01:37 PM | #26
This fight is painfully easy on both normal and heroic mode. On the third wave of adds just have your tank try pick them up as best he can and have your DPS ignore them, finishing the boss. This fight is purely a DPS check, as long as you have a healer who's paying attention to cleanse off the incendiary grenade.

Bremadle
12.28.2011 , 07:12 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
It just goes to show you how bad some DPS are in this game, eh? Perhaps some tanks as well. I also have the same experience. Even in groups where I know the DPS were bad, we still comfortably beat the enrage timer.

Never underestimate the bads, tho. :P
Whatever going in 4 levels above the encounter doesnt count. Its early in the game people are still getting and understanding gear and how this differs from whatever mmo they played before.

The whole uber player mantality is old really old, is was funny in eq now its just tired and old.

anyway the fight--

This isnt a dps fight. its logic.
Tag (click) the control box before fight.
Full on dps him.
When first set of droid add's spawn kill them.
When second set spawn ignore them.
cure/cleanse the gernade dot.
He should be dead by then, clean up adds.

He is kitable but there isnt any point.

ez pesy.

Avanaco
12.28.2011 , 07:37 PM | #28
I don't see the big deal. I tanked him in the middle. Initial agro on turrets, but dps handle them for then on. Tank can interrupt all full autos. I told the dps to interrupt the hail of bullets. (Unfortunately most people like to indiscriminately interrupt any casts that come up, regardless of what it is.) When adds come up I told them to handle the left two while I handled the right two. I'd drop ranged aoe on them, burst one down, get back to the boss, and kill the other at range. (I get back to the boss fast because even though he's stunned for a while, you don't want him to wake up and hail into te group - so I always kept the boss facing one way.)

I think we went through 3 add phases. It's not bad, at least it's not like the first boss where there's literally nothing you can do about the adds agroing whatever they want.

Mavery
12.28.2011 , 07:39 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Bremadle View Post
Whatever going in 4 levels above the encounter doesnt count. Its early in the game people are still getting and understanding gear and how this differs from whatever mmo they played before.

The whole uber player mantality is old really old, is was funny in eq now its just tired and old.

anyway the fight--

This isnt a dps fight. its logic.
Tag (click) the control box before fight.
Full on dps him.
When first set of droid add's spawn kill them.
When second set spawn ignore them.
cure/cleanse the gernade dot.
He should be dead by then, clean up adds.

He is kitable but there isnt any point.

ez pesy.
I said I did it on level. I also did it above level. But I did do it on level.

So point being... what?

Sanis
12.30.2011 , 11:44 AM | #30
I do not think a nerf is needed. The main thing is his fire dot, in my opinion. Once that is removed he is ok. Didnt see it at first, and as the tank got killed in about 2 seconds, lol. I think that having some more difficult content is a really good thing, and i am new to mmos.

One thing i did run into was a bug for the mando raiders flash. The floor would light the group on fire, no matter where or when you were. The second we went in the room we all got lit on fire and died. Had to pull him in the hallway and fight without our healer...Even once he was dead we had to go across the floor one at a time while being healed to grab whatever it was we needed to finish on the other side.
"This mortal form grows weak. I require sustenance!"