Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Frequently Asked PvP Questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Frequently Asked PvP Questions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jherad
03.20.2014 , 12:11 PM | #81
They haven't thought of a way of monetizing it through the cartel market.
Zacharïah - Commando / Chasso, Aargh - Merc
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

cashogy_reborn
03.20.2014 , 12:15 PM | #82
I just dont get the blatant 'We Dont Care' attitude from the devs towards PvP.

Such potential, so wasted
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Darththirdeye
03.20.2014 , 12:16 PM | #83
This is a sad day in PvP

Capt_Beers
03.20.2014 , 12:18 PM | #84
The weirdest thing about this psot is there is not one piece of good news. You would think someone would have noticed this and decided to throw us a bone of some sort, but we got nothing.

So Eric can we use this post as definitive proof of there being no PvP content/upates in the plan for at least the next year or is there something that you simply neglected to mention?
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Elminster_cs
03.20.2014 , 12:19 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Darththirdeye View Post
This is ANOTHER and the LAST sad day in PvP
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

Uber_the_Goober
03.20.2014 , 12:19 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
The weirdest thing about this psot is there is not one piece of good news. You would think someone would have noticed this and decided to throw us a bone of some sort, but we got nothing.

So Eric can we use this post as definitive proof of there being no PvP content/upates in the plan for at least the next year or is there something that you simply neglected to mention?
But, But, the new Huttball map!?!

Cuz that's good enough to make up for it...
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

JaingSkiratapwns
03.20.2014 , 12:21 PM | #87
Quote:
Are there any plans to address teams having healer hybrids in Arenas fighting against teams without a healer?

This is a question of how long we want to wait to pop an Arena match when it relates to hybrids. We could, in theory, create restrictions around matchmaking to pair you only against someone extremely similar to your character in both rating and “spec” layout. However if we did that, it would have very serious effects on how long a queue takes to pop. We had to make a decision to err on the side of having more matches pop than simply trying to mirror the teams exactly. The only option to address this would be to tighten restrictions on matchmaking but this will result in greatly increased queue length, which is not favorable.
Quote:
Do you have any plans to address overpowered Hybrid builds which are present in Arenas?

Our history of class balance shows that we attempt to discourage overpowered hybrid builds when and wherever possible. We are constantly balancing classes and will take action if something is not falling into line with class balance. We will continue to monitor these builds and adjust as necessary.
If you would just implement a stance/cell for every single skill tree, and have everything over the 2nd level of skill boxes require that skill tree's stance/cell, then boom, no more hybrids.

Ottoattack
03.20.2014 , 12:22 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
But, But, the new Huttball map!?!

Cuz that's good enough to make up for it...
Apparently it is all we need for the next 12 month and season 2..

BigDumbViking
03.20.2014 , 12:23 PM | #89
It's nice to finally see someone from Bioware actually acknowledge the SUCK that is PVP. But what I read was... No, we don't intend on doing anything to make things better, everyone just needs to suck it up.

Responses like this are why I'm going to be taking my money elsewhere.
YardstickAronhernandezM'argarita
StringcheeseBibi'fetSneak'y Viking
Dück Trombone

Primarch_PWnD
03.20.2014 , 12:25 PM | #90
So, they're currently happy with PvP, don't plan on any changes what-so-ever, and will continue to make us grind for a new set of recolored gear twice a year.

wow

Why do you people pretend to want feedback, when all you guys do with it is tell the community why they're wrong, and why the game needs to do the exact same thing it's done for the past 2 years. Unsuccessfully I might add.

All of these "long internal discussions" amounted to nothing being changed or done differently......that's a SERIOUS waste of time. I mean, really, how many hours did you guys spend on these "long discussions" for each of those topics? To come out of ALL of them with no tweaks or changes? It's something out of a comedy movie.

The community managers calling themselves "advocates for the community"? That's also a complete farce. You're advocates for the developers TO the community. There's a big difference. If you people actually advocated FOR the community, maybe the devs would know what the players felt.

And, seriously, what feedback ARE they reading that's telling them that the game is in perfect shape and doesn't need to change anything at all?

Honestly, what feedback told the artists that the players LOVED the Obroan armor set and WANTED it recolored 5 times IN A ROW?

This "We're not changing anything, so stop asking" post is, at the very least, honest.

But it's also really disturbing. As someone subbed since the beginning, I feel they purposely misled me to believe things were going change for the better. In the end, there's no change at all if it's not the Cartel Market.

I had already removed my billing info, now I'm positive I don't want to resub.

EDIT: Also, everyone has lost rating because of being stuck in a 3v4. It's infuriating, and if anyone at BW actually played the game, they'd know that the team with 3 shouldn't lose ANY rating for that. It's almost nauseating that you think it's appropriate for a team of 3 to lose ANYTHING for a loss to a full team of 4.
Profiteers of War and Destruction

Prophecy of the Five