Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Frequently Asked PvP Questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Frequently Asked PvP Questions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Uber_the_Goober
03.24.2014 , 10:08 AM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
While it is somewhat "comforting" to have direct answers which is super rare for the PvP forums if they never wrote this post I would still have a sub.
How long til your sub runs out? My friend and I are looking for a good dps and a tank to round out a WZ group. You wouldn't happen to have a pub version of your sin would you? Look up either Obv'ious or Contrux. We play most nights after 8pm EST on POT5.

We're just two lonely commandos - looking to find some decent players to make our remaining playtime more fun. I can only run my Operative healer so many times before I get bored - oh yay...1 million heals and we still lost because of stupids and bads... My sorc, my sniper, my slinger, my operative, all 55's, all getting boring...I'm running the commando for a change of pace to extend the game a bit for me.

We're both jumping ship in a few months - possibly to EQ Next, possibly to Repopulation.

But while we're here...we gonna blow some **** up. And the purely pug circuit is getting tiresome...
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

cycao
03.24.2014 , 10:14 AM | #512
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
How long til your sub runs out? My friend and I are looking for a good dps and a tank to round out a WZ group. You wouldn't happen to have a pub version of your sin would you? Look up either Obv'ious or Contrux. We play most nights after 8pm EST on POT5.

We're just two lonely commandos - looking to find some decent players to make our remaining playtime more fun. I can only run my Operative healer so many times before I get bored - oh yay...1 million heals and we still lost because of stupids and bads... My sorc, my sniper, my slinger, my operative, all 55's, all getting boring...I'm running the commando for a change of pace to extend the game a bit for me.

We're both jumping ship in a few months - possibly to EQ Next, possibly to Repopulation.

But while we're here...we gonna blow some **** up. And the purely pug circuit is getting tiresome...
My shadow is only 54.

MiaRB
03.24.2014 , 10:18 AM | #513
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
While it is somewhat "comforting" to have direct answers which is super rare for the PvP forums if they never wrote this post I would still have a sub.
why are you here then? if you are really done with the game and unsubbed, then just move on. if you don't like the game then stop playing, go play a game you do like instead of hanging around whinning on these forums like you are some kind of victim.
can't wait for this game to come out!

cycao
03.24.2014 , 10:20 AM | #514
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
why are you here then? if you are really done with the game and unsubbed, then just move on. if you don't like the game then stop playing, go play a game you do like instead of hanging around whinning on these forums like you are some kind of victim.
I got 19 days left so I'm good.

ZooMzy
03.24.2014 , 10:39 AM | #515
Quote: Originally Posted by Marcus__ View Post
Yeah this is why he's prob got a bollocking, But as a business they really should also know that regular pvp players are synonymous with an active subscription. Over two years of neglect, disinformation and contempt erodes those subscriptions
Well I'd imagine the majority of the dedicated player base from the beginning has gone.

Such is the way of business though. Like they were doing here, all you have to do is milk the customer dry and then advertise shiny new aspects to draw in more people. Milk those customers dry too, then repeat the cycle until you have used up all the resources in the area.

I'd still disagree that the game functions like this as a whole, despite the CM market being so apparent in game. But I would whole heartedly agree that the PvP aspect follows that above ideal to the letter: milk the dedicated, and when they get fed up with the crap, find new customers instead of doing the right improvements.

cashogy_reborn
03.24.2014 , 10:41 AM | #516
Considering there were 2+ million subscribers at launch, and now there is about 25% of that remaining, yea Id say the majority of players have left the game.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

TUXs
03.24.2014 , 11:01 AM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Considering there were 2+ million subscribers at launch, and now there is about 25% of that remaining, yea Id say the majority of players have left the game.
There's no chance there are 25% left Cash. Last year, that may have been the case...but no chance today.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Feasting
03.24.2014 , 11:06 AM | #518
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
The forums are more fun than the actual game so who wouldn't stick around lol

cashogy_reborn
03.24.2014 , 11:06 AM | #519
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
There's no chance there are 25% left Cash. Last year, that may have been the case...but no chance today.
I was over-estimating on purpose. Even if it was 25%, that is 1.5 million people that deemed swtor not worth the sub.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Marcus__
03.24.2014 , 11:13 AM | #520
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
I was over-estimating on purpose. Even if it was 25%, that is 1.5 million people that deemed swtor not worth the sub.
we'll get some metrics in about a decade when this in on a list of the top 10 major MMO **** ups