Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BobbaJohn
03.19.2014 , 10:16 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
I imagine people will simply move the bulk of their chat to DK/Coruscant chat instead of Fleet Chat.
or Nar Shaddaa chat....

Subscribers as of May 11th will receive:

Early Access to Galactic Strongholds on June 24
Luxurious Nar Shaddaa Stronghold with three additional rooms unlocked (Value: 1,500,000 Credits)
Stronghold Label: “Galactic Stronghold”
Character Title: “The Illustrious”

Subscribers beginning June 24th will receive:

Early Access to Galactic Strongholds on June 24
Luxurious Nar Shaddaa Stronghold Unlocked (Value: 250,000 Credits)
Stronghold Label: “Galactic Stronghold”
Character Title: “The Illustrious”
Beer is proof that the Force exists and wants us to be happy

AlienEyeTX
03.19.2014 , 10:18 AM | #42
Will the houses be available for purchase with credits, CCs, or both?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Infernixx
03.19.2014 , 10:18 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Will the houses be available for purchase with credits, CCs, or both?
Both.
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

brutall
03.19.2014 , 10:19 AM | #44
nice trailer can we get a gameplay trailer to show us how the housing system works?

OwnerJord
03.19.2014 , 10:19 AM | #45
Any chance of a home on Tython?

Or will they most likely start on Coruscant/Dromund Kaas?
"It was not your ships or your men or your vaunted 'fight for freedom' that won this, the final battle of the war. It was by the actions of one person–the Jedi Revan–that you prevailed. Revan's strategies and tactics defeated the best of us. Even Mandalore himself was taken aback by the ferocity, the tenacity, and the subtlety of Revan's plans."

AlienEyeTX
03.19.2014 , 10:20 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by OwnerJord View Post

Good question. I assumed "home worlds" meant all the starter planets. Is it just capital planets, instead?
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

bannsider
03.19.2014 , 10:21 AM | #47
This looks great and it has so much potential! It could even fix the useless crafting side of the game

I just hope it has a great EQ2 style "put it wherever you want" system rather that a jigsaw based system like some lesser housing systems have... would still be fun but limited

Infernixx
03.19.2014 , 10:21 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Good question. I assumed "home worlds" meant all the starter planets. Is it just capital planets, instead?
So far, from what I can tell, it starts off with DK/Coruscant and you can buy a place on Nar Shaddaa.

The fact that we can do that on other worlds gives me hope that they'll give us options to buy more places on other worlds as the game progresses.
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

OwnerJord
03.19.2014 , 10:23 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
So far, from what I can tell, it starts off with DK/Coruscant and you can buy a place on Nar Shaddaa.

The fact that we can do that on other worlds gives me hope that they'll give us options to buy more places on other worlds as the game progresses.
That's what I'm hoping. Wouldn't mind spending credits on a home on Tython to be honest. That would make me and my Jedi's a happy bunch of Jawa's
"It was not your ships or your men or your vaunted 'fight for freedom' that won this, the final battle of the war. It was by the actions of one person–the Jedi Revan–that you prevailed. Revan's strategies and tactics defeated the best of us. Even Mandalore himself was taken aback by the ferocity, the tenacity, and the subtlety of Revan's plans."

EricMusco
03.19.2014 , 10:26 AM | #50 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by OwnerJord View Post

At this time we aren't talking about any additional planets aside from what we have announced, which is Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, and Nar Shaddaa.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]