Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Drudenfusz
03.24.2014 , 01:47 PM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
I'm sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, but do we know yet if these houses will require rent costs to keep them accessible? I'm especially curious since they are touting multiple houses per legacy as a perk of this system, yet paying rent on multiple houses could get expensive pretty quickly.
I doubt there will be a rent, all the subscriber who are getting a house for free and do not have interest in that would be angry that they would have to pay then for something they got for free.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

DkSharktooth
03.25.2014 , 09:26 PM | #392
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Yay! Player housing, legacy banks and guild flagships! <3
How ironic that you're almost always 1st to reply on these announcement threads...

DarthDymond
03.25.2014 , 09:48 PM | #393
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
How ironic that you're almost always 1st to reply on these announcement threads...
I'm confused...

Are you finding it "ironic" that the proprietor of one of the biggest SWTOR fan sites also keeps close tabs on announcements for that game?

Or would you find it "ironic" that the Community team might be actively reaching out to the proprietors of their game's biggest fan sites?
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Codedrago
03.26.2014 , 02:58 AM | #394
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
They said there would be BOTH a GSF sized expac AND a Makeb sized expac this year. Unless there are a lot of not yet announced features, this would seem to be the GSF sized one. So I would assume we will see something even bigger later in the year, perhaps a level increase.
They said that the Typhon/Korriban flashpoint will start a storyline that will last all year, so I think that will be the Makeb sized expansion

Codedrago
03.26.2014 , 03:59 AM | #395
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Hitsugaya View Post
Well next year we get Pazzak and swoop bike raceing so maybe 2 years from now.
Wait, WHAT?, where did you get this information!

iowaboynca
03.26.2014 , 10:51 AM | #396
Quote: Originally Posted by Codedrago View Post
They said that the Typhon/Korriban flashpoint will start a storyline that will last all year, so I think that will be the Makeb sized expansion
I don't think 2.7 Invasion will be the Makeb sized expansion, BUT will be the precursor to it, just because their not hyping it very much. I expect that the big expansion will be for purchase, much like ROTHC was, but similarly priced. Because not much hype yet, I think the timeline is still towards the end of the year.
Also, don't forget that we still have upcoming rakghoul events on Tat and Corellia i believe. Last but not least, wasn't there supposed to be another Gree event with new drops? Call me pollyanna, but I hope the devs are working to tie all this together into the new expansion...maybe something like the rakghoul plague is so ravenous the Gree want to investigate, both the Empire and Republic think the other faction released the plague as some kind of chemical warfare and need to kick of the war again by invading each others academies...(ok i'm back to reality now)

iowaboynca
03.26.2014 , 10:57 AM | #397
CORRECTION: I forgot that ROTHC was free to us subbers...so I expect the big expansion will be the same, especially all the focus they're placing on the subbers right know.

Codedrago
03.26.2014 , 12:40 PM | #398
Quote: Originally Posted by iowaboynca View Post
I don't think 2.7 Invasion will be the Makeb sized expansion, BUT will be the precursor to it, just because their not hyping it very much. I expect that the big expansion will be for purchase, much like ROTHC was, but similarly priced. Because not much hype yet, I think the timeline is still towards the end of the year.
Also, don't forget that we still have upcoming rakghoul events on Tat and Corellia i believe. Last but not least, wasn't there supposed to be another Gree event with new drops? Call me pollyanna, but I hope the devs are working to tie all this together into the new expansion...maybe something like the rakghoul plague is so ravenous the Gree want to investigate, both the Empire and Republic think the other faction released the plague as some kind of chemical warfare and need to kick of the war again by invading each others academies...(ok i'm back to reality now)
I wasn't saying that 2.7 will be the expansion, I was saying that the story of the expansion will probably be the continuation of those fp storylines

plotenox
03.26.2014 , 12:47 PM | #399
This is a little offtopic but I noticed something. While I was on Twitch.tv to watch other streams I would occasionally see an ad for swtor and it was advertising about the Galactic strongholds trailer. It wasn't this trailer but an earlier trailer from before,it might have been that short teaser video.
Now I haven't seen a swtor ad on Twitch for a long time(maybe since last year),so I'm thinking damn they must be delivering a big update soon if they're spending more advertising dollars for this. Either way I'm looking forward to this.
Digital Deluxe Edition
Sith Inquisitor:Riper Server:The Razor Trooper:Plaxon Server:The Harbinger

Salorea
03.26.2014 , 01:22 PM | #400
I've seen dozens of conjectures on this, but no Official responses (that I've found). Can we get a heads-up on whether or not existing crafts will be able to make items? Or will it be a new craft? Some of us who have sadly neglected our crafting alts would like to get busy and level up our profs if they will be used for Stronghold accessories.

It's possible the answer to this is under NDA and that's why I can't find the answer, so if that is indeed the case, could you just say, "NDA, sorry,"