Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

03.20.2014 , 11:26 AM | #341
I know it has not been talked about much, but I noticed that we did have a comment from Eric that BioWare is planning for Legacy affects as well.

Do we have any idea what those legacy items might be?
Yaesive | Jo'lin | Fojea
Jedi Sage | Jedi Guardian | Smuggler
Jedi Covenant - Outer-Rim Recon Battalion Formerly Canderous Ordo
"Do or Do Not. There is no Try" - Yoda

03.20.2014 , 11:29 AM | #342
Quote: Originally Posted by DanAxe View Post
Ok this looks awesome! I was excited when you announced Housing system, but now seeing it with a bit more detail and the awesome added bonus of Guild Ships and legacy bank, it just makes it perfect.

But there are still sooooo many questions!!! ANd i cant wait for the "coming months" :P

Just 1 question that is bugging me ever since it was first announced:

You say we can get stronghold items from crew skills, but what does that mean? Is it gonna be random rewards from missions you send your companions (like slicing, diplomacy, treasure hunting,etc) or is it actually going to be a new Crew Skill that crafts this items?

Please say its a new crew skill. Something like that would probably make use of all kinds of materials available in the game, like metals for metal stuff, components for tech, crystals for shining stuff, etc etc. It would add an extra ingame economical dynamic, since you could actually make use of stuff that you use only to level up that one crew skill and then you never use those mats again. A crew skill for strongholds would really bring a new life to the gtn economy and make some "old" "unused" materials in demand again. Making up for more people actually using their time to gather, craft, etc, and its not like the other crew skills, cause lets say for example: The first item you could make with the new crew skill would be a table or a chair. Its the lowest item, and yet, even when you are 450 level on that skill, there is still a reason for you to make that level 1 chair or table, cause someone will want it anyway regardless of their toons levels. And since the game is so alt friendly, chances are you already have at least 1 of each gathering skill within ur legacy, and then you put all those mats in your legacy bank, and the alt that crafts the stronghold items will be immensely happy with all the resources your other toons have amassed

Please please make it so!!
More likely than a new crew skill (which would still leave the current crew skills mostly dead aside from a few niche recipes), each crew skill will be able to make pieces and/or parts, which you can place or assemble into furniture decorations. I personally would prefer would give me incentive to log onto my crafting alts again

03.20.2014 , 11:33 AM | #343
Quote: Originally Posted by PavSalco View Post
Can anyone clarify this confusing matter to me:
If I'm a sub on May 11h, but the subscription ends at the beginning of June, will I still get the access to Galactic Strongholds on June 24 despite of being a preferred player then? I will certainly have the unlock of Stronghold with additional rooms and the titles, but I will need to sub again in June or not?
It was the basis of my third question and hasn't been answered yet , it does complicate things for sure. Hopefully they have read mine , yours and many other posters questions on this matter and answer accordingly. There are a number of different situations like this to be addressed.

'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

03.20.2014 , 11:52 AM | #344
Quote: Originally Posted by Varium View Post
Only thing I really hope for is mannequins so I can put my old armor sets on display instead of cluttering my bank.
I love this idea.

03.20.2014 , 12:01 PM | #345
Quote: Originally Posted by -XxGenesisxX- View Post
I love this idea.
Both with and without the matching feature so we can show off those awesomely garish Trooper clown suits from way back in the day if we want to!

03.20.2014 , 12:15 PM | #346
Congrats to BW for this expansion. I like it very much.

Nevertheless, as I (my alts) use to spend and give away credtis for totally unnecessary items, I see them living under some brdige in Nar Shaddaa as "shaddy characters"...

Thanks and keep up with these things!!

03.20.2014 , 12:42 PM | #347
is it anker points or free placement? for items

03.20.2014 , 01:01 PM | #348
As someone mentioned, a Sith's housing would likely look very different from a smuggler or agent.

I hope they let us change things like ambient lighting, wall color, etc so the environment can be changed to fit the owner ie dark/brooding for a dark side toon.

03.20.2014 , 02:37 PM | #349
Quote: Originally Posted by -Varium- View Post
Only thing I really hope for is mannequins so I can put my old armor sets on display instead of cluttering my bank.
I love that idea too.
"You see my old friend, this is the armor I was wearing back in the day when I saved Makeb from destruction"

03.20.2014 , 03:30 PM | #350
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Your are correct Oofalong. Those features will come with the official launch of the expansion, not with subscriber early access in June.

Is there any reason why legacy banks won't be included at the launch for early access and will any other features be unavailable (such as buying items from legacy vendors, pvp vendors, crafting and so on)?