Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BobbaJohn
03.19.2014 , 10:01 AM | #21
Wow! No nay-sayer DOOOOOOM posts yet!

Seriously - it really seems like they've thought this through. Looks GREAT!!
Beer is proof that the Force exists and wants us to be happy

CobraGuru
03.19.2014 , 10:03 AM | #22
Thank you for listening to us, players impatient

LtGeneralGezlin
03.19.2014 , 10:03 AM | #23
Guild capital ships? Legacy bank? Too technically difficult, my ewok! This looks fantastic! Is it me, or does the inclusion of the Trooper stuff maybe mean we might be able to replay our class stories?
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Infernixx
03.19.2014 , 10:03 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Good catch Ninjonxb,

Subscriber Early Access to Galactic Strongholds is coming as a part of 2.8. As you can see the decision has been made to move the 2.8 date out two weeks from its original target. We wanted some more time to work on that sweet, sweet player stronghold content.

-eric
I can handle waiting a few more weeks.

Any other tidbits you can share with us?
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Infernixx
03.19.2014 , 10:04 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
Guild capital ships? Legacy bank? Too technically difficult, my ewok! This looks fantastic! Is it me, or does the inclusion of the Trooper stuff maybe mean we might be able to replay our class stories?
I noticed that too. It would be amazing if we got to re-view our old cutscenes as 'memories' invoked by clicking trophies in our Stronghold.
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

ninjonxb
03.19.2014 , 10:04 AM | #26
Good catch Ninjonxb,

Subscriber Early Access to Galactic Strongholds is coming as a part of 2.8. As you can see the decision has been made to move the 2.8 date out two weeks from its original target. We wanted some more time to work on that sweet, sweet player stronghold content.

-eric
Thanks for the clarification. Completely understandable pushing a patch, just wanted to double check

Rasen
03.19.2014 , 10:04 AM | #27
Good catch Ninjonxb,

-eric
That's great to hear. Might I ask is this the main feature of 2.8 or are we getting other big features such as operations? I imagine you'll release more info on that at a later date, but I'm just curious.

ninjonxb
03.19.2014 , 10:05 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
I am wondering if there will be things in the house that link back to your class story.

LtGeneralGezlin
03.19.2014 , 10:05 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
I noticed that too. It would be amazing if we got to re-view our old cutscenes as 'memories' invoked by clicking trophies in our Stronghold.
I would love it, I could rerecord stuff I lost. (Especially after losing half my Consular videos last week.)
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

idnewton
03.19.2014 , 10:07 AM | #30
AWESOMESAUCE LEVEL -- MAXIMlZED
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 21
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +28,000

🗽 'MERICA -- **** YEA! 🗽