Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ESO Review... not looking good.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chuixupu
03.18.2014 , 07:43 PM | #11
I wasn't a fan of ESO myself, but never base your opinion off of one review. Or even a few reviews. Talk to people you know whose opinion you trust, and try it out. That's the only way to get a real feel for it. Because newsflash, people have different tastes.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

NoFishing
03.18.2014 , 07:43 PM | #12
Off topic forum is that-a-way ->

Erasimus
03.18.2014 , 07:55 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
Duran'del here:

I'm going to take the review with a grain of salt, mostly because in another review, he said Titanfall was just "CoD with Mechs", which it's not.

I don't trust that man.

I don't like the ES series anyway, so I don't really care about the game.
Then you may like it I'm not a big Skyrim fan, but I enjoyed the Beta. A lot of the so-so reviews, and certainly the one referenced, didn't like it because it is too different from ES single player games, I mean it is an MMO.

P.S. Supposedly there were about 5 million people signed up for the Beta. Even if only a small fraction of that decide to play it will do alright.
"Give light and the darkness will disappear of itself."

Drudenfusz
03.18.2014 , 08:12 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Erasimus View Post
P.S. Supposedly there were about 5 million people signed up for the Beta. Even if only a small fraction of that decide to play it will do alright.
The question is how many might stick with the game for the long run, I wouldn't be too surprised if the game will see the same drop in subs in a few month which pretty much happens to every MMO. So, I am looking forward to how long it will take that game to go F2P...

Anyway, what has this to do with SWTOR?
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Infernixx
03.18.2014 , 08:25 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
The question is how many might stick with the game for the long run, I wouldn't be too surprised if the game will see the same drop in subs in a few month which pretty much happens to every MMO. So, I am looking forward to how long it will take that game to go F2P...

Anyway, what has this to do with SWTOR?
Well, there 'is' a mention in the review about the lack of commitment to TOR-level Storytelling in TESO. And no lightsabers, either.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Suromir
03.18.2014 , 08:40 PM | #16
Yes let's post a review about a game still in beta just so we can make ourselves feel better about SWTOR

Sangrar
03.18.2014 , 08:44 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Suromir View Post
Yes let's post a review about a game still in beta just so we can make ourselves feel better about SWTOR
Early access is March 31st, not much if anything will change from what beta is showing right now
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preffered and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE to prove it's legit

dscount
03.18.2014 , 08:48 PM | #18
First off.. it still was in BETA and some of the items he mentioned have been reported to fix already.

Secondly.. that reviewer didn't even level to 10 and check out any dungeons or PVP. So I'll take his half witted review it with a grain of salt. Did he run across the SAME mission bugs as the rest of the folks? YES...
Reference Link: Why bother? Folks dropping sub's like flys lately. http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Suggestions to Bioware: Release "REAL" Sub rewards list.

Nickious
03.18.2014 , 08:49 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Suromir View Post
First impressions are everything. And I doubt it will the core of the game will change much from beta to the finished product.

I have no particular interest in ESO, not for or against myself.

Suromir
03.18.2014 , 09:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
First impressions are everything. And I doubt it will the core of the game will change much from beta to the finished product.

I have no particular interest in ESO, not for or against myself.
I got in to beta a few of the stress test weekends and it was kinda meh..I'm not THAT impressed by it...but on the same hand it was better than I was expecting.

That review is garbage though....The guy goes on about his expectations and harps on it not being like the Single-Player games more...It was never supposed to be and they said a loooooong time ago that you weren't going to have THAT much freedom. So at this point, his gripes about that are his own stupidity.

I doubt I'll buy it (esp if it's $60) But it's not as bad as that review claims...

Will it fail as hard as SWTOR did and go F2P before it was even a year old? I guess we'll find out.