Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ESO Review... not looking good.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

03.18.2014 , 06:17 PM | #1

Play ESO at your own risk... I wouldn't waste the money.

03.18.2014 , 06:20 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Eric_Riot View Post

Reviews I have seen are mixed. I played a bit of the last beta and went 'meh'. Not bad, just didn't grab me.

03.18.2014 , 06:22 PM | #3
I played it and its the worst MMO I have ever tried.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

03.18.2014 , 06:23 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Eric_Riot View Post

My opinion is the same and could have written the exact same article.How much money do these writers make?

03.18.2014 , 06:30 PM | #5
ESO = DBA (Dead BEFORE Arrival)

Yes, we all know ESO ______ (fill in word that rhymes with ducks and starts with an 's')*, but this thread belongs in Off-Topic.

*Yes, I was one of the unfortunates that has played the beta.
Quodaax 70 Shadow | Uma-ka 70 Sentinel | Lyralia 70 Commando | Communion 62 Scoundrel
Syaia 70 Marauder | A'saj 70 Assassin | Ixa-sha 56 Merc | B'dia 55 Operative
Leveled the Old-Fashioned way! Founder, Legacy 50

03.18.2014 , 06:31 PM | #6
So.. someone reviewed a game not out launched yet based on beta experiences. How interesting...

ESO is not entirely an MMO, its more of a single player ES game with the ability to group and play a DAOC type RvR setup. All that being said, I had a hell of alot of fun playing it and plan on picking it up at launch.

That being said, how many millions of people thought SWTOR was a stinking turd and quit two months in? Two and a half, somewhere around there I think?

Opinions and ******e's bud. Make your own opinion.
Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller
We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe.

03.18.2014 , 06:35 PM | #7
Review seems on the ball, except for the fact that the author is a *****. TRAMMY.

03.18.2014 , 06:38 PM | #8
Duran'del here:

I'm going to take the review with a grain of salt, mostly because in another review, he said Titanfall was just "CoD with Mechs", which it's not.

I don't trust that man.

I don't like the ES series anyway, so I don't really care about the game.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

03.18.2014 , 06:51 PM | #9
I tried the beta three times as a healer. There is no visual information as to how much you healed for, when your hots finish, or even an indicator if your heal actually healed your intended target!! Plus, the healing spells I had all emanate from me, not my intended target, so I had to run up and be close to my groups in order to be sure the heals worked. Plus the tooltips for the healing did not mention a range or anything from which the spell can be cast, which doesn't really matter because you have no way to tell how far away you are from a target. Crazy.

03.18.2014 , 06:53 PM | #10
It was a review full of prose and hyperbole and very little substance. The first 40% of it talks about his expectations, what he liked about Bethesda rpgs (relevant but not over-relevant), and a bit about MMOs in general with nary a reference to the game under review. I can't really tell from his review how far he got beyond the newbie areas if at all which is not nearly enough to judge an mmo on.