Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One time only advance class change!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
One time only advance class change!

Volcon
12.23.2011 , 02:34 AM | #1
I have been thinking and it would be good if you had at least ONE and only ONE chance to change your advance class because honestly you don't know how good an advance class is going to be till you at least try it and if you not happy with it in the later levels you can't change back. For instance I am a bounty hunter merc and to be honest its not as great as I had hoped it would be once I had skill points in all my tree and I feel I would rather tank but I can't change to powertech because you can't change your advance class even once and i find that unfair because i am like 4 levels off 50 and i don't want to start all over again.

AND TO MAKE MY POINT CLEAR I AM NOT ASKING FOR DUAL SPEC I DESPISE DUAL SPEC ALL I AM ASKING IS THAT PEOPLE GET A CHANCE TO CHANGE THERE ADVANCE CLASS ONCE.
I GOT THE TIME IF YOU GOT THE CREDITS
Proud Standard Edition Holder With Early Game Access
BAD SPELLING GRAMMAR = DYSLEXIA

Xerda
12.23.2011 , 02:34 AM | #2
Or you could level one of each AC
Help me, Bio-Ware Support; you're my only hope.

Nisd
12.23.2011 , 02:36 AM | #3
It is quite simple, see advance class as a new class in it self.

It would be like changing from Warrior to Inquisitor.

Gestas
12.23.2011 , 02:36 AM | #4
Yeah, respecs and dual spec so that you can respecialize every time your build becomes inconvenient for a certain task, defeating the purpose of specialization... Making it so there are virtually no pros or cons outside of your class (because you can just respec everytime a con becomes bothersome).

And now you MMORPG noobs want to respec advanced classes?

/facepalm.

I wish you people would just stick to call of duty.
Legacy: Firebrand.
Server: The Fatman.

Xionsmith
12.23.2011 , 02:37 AM | #5
They talked about maybe doing this in beta. It on their board of we are thinking about it along with addons and macros.

Xerda
12.23.2011 , 02:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Xionsmith View Post
They talked about maybe doing this in beta. It on their board of we are thinking about it along with addons and macros.
I thought only dual spec within your own AC was on the board.
Help me, Bio-Ware Support; you're my only hope.

Volcon
12.23.2011 , 02:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Gestas View Post
Yeah, respecs and dual spec so that you can respecialize every time your build becomes inconvenient for a certain task, defeating the purpose of specialization... Making it so there are virtually no pros or cons outside of your class (because you can just respec everytime a con becomes bothersome).

/facepalm.

i take it you never bothered to read it?

i think i said ONCE a few times.

and FYI you can reset your points anyway.
I GOT THE TIME IF YOU GOT THE CREDITS
Proud Standard Edition Holder With Early Game Access
BAD SPELLING GRAMMAR = DYSLEXIA

Lu_Bei
12.23.2011 , 02:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gestas View Post

/facepalm.

I got my Sith Inquisitor to level 14 but now I want to be a Bounty Hunter. How to respec?
Squadron 238 ~

willsquared
12.23.2011 , 02:40 AM | #9
It says before you choose an Advanced Class that you are making a decision that can not be reversed. You were shown the fine print. Get over it.

DigitalShield
12.23.2011 , 02:41 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lu_Bei View Post
I got my Sith Inquisitor to level 14 but now I want to be a Bounty Hunter. How to respec?
haha.
Yay yay.