Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reorganizing Data?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bronholz
03.18.2014 , 02:01 PM | #11 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

To help us look into this issue, please can you provide us with the following information:
  • The operating system that you're using and the version.
  • The launcher version (Bottom left corner under the Cog)
  • Region
  • Copy of your launcher logs.
In a default installation these files can be found here:
  • 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
  • 32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
Example file name: launcher_20111122.Log

Please use this style when posting: [spoiler]content of log[/spoiler]

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Jrea
03.18.2014 , 02:58 PM | #12
Are we having another "derp" day here bioware? Really? Honestly?
Wow......no really I'm thinking of going to wow and just trying to ignore the pandas.

Both my Labtop and BC are reorganizing the Data, and the whole process is not only slowing my internet connection but both systems completely. Crap like this is not OK in the nexflix - you tube era.....

Bitraider has GOT to go, they have failed you guys time and time again, its the whole "Hero Engine" fiasco over again.
You may have a contract with them, but they are obviously unable or unwilling to meet their obligations.

Silko
03.18.2014 , 03:37 PM | #13
Same issue that others have posted. Very slow patch and stuck at Reorganizing data. There is also a ST at the bottom left hand corner of the patcher.

Windows 7.1 Ultimate
ST
US - CA

Spoiler
"Those who ask for mercy, are too weak to deserve it"
Minions of Darkness Website

renegadeimp
03.18.2014 , 03:53 PM | #14
It always amazes me that bioware ask for those details when it is blatantly obvious that it is the shoddy coding in bitraider thats the issue here. NOT the players machines.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

AnnahH
03.18.2014 , 03:58 PM | #15
Customer Service promised to have fixed this back in September 2013 but it appears they did not.

They used the worse but torrent program ever created. It uses up most of your memory (no matter how much memory you have).

It's a horrible system they set up. Instead of using their own bandwidth to upload patches they rely on 3rd party peer to peer software so we use each other bandwidths.

The thing is, most MMOs uses their own bandwidths or have a better system to download patches, etc.

SWTOR reasoning is "since this is a free game we wont spend extra money using our bandwidth so that people can download faster."

The thing is, many of us are paid subscribers.

And the sad thing is, the devs will still ask you to post diagx reports, etc even when they KNOW it's on their end. As I said, they promised to fixed this (Brohn did) but it appears they were lying about that.

Thinking about just getting rid of this crappy game again.

AnnahH
03.18.2014 , 04:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

To help us look into this issue, please can you provide us with the following information:
  • The operating system that you're using and the version.
  • The launcher version (Bottom left corner under the Cog)
  • Region
  • Copy of your launcher logs.
In a default installation these files can be found here:
  • 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
  • 32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
Example file name: launcher_20111122.Log

Please use this style when posting: [spoiler]content of log[/spoiler]

Thanks for your patience.

Bronholz

Just stop this madness.

Six months ago you addressed and recognized this issue and as you can clearly see, the issue presented itself again. We told you six months ago it has nothing to do with diagx reports. You know it has to do with bit client and not with our system and yet you copy and paste the same stuff everytime we tell you of this issue.

I dont think you are even listening to us.

renegadeimp
03.18.2014 , 04:10 PM | #17
Like i said. The program was coders that were tech company dropouts. They formed their own 'company' and made a cheap piece of software based on freely available code on sourceforge. They then had the gall to say that it was propriety code and blagged 3 companies into licencing it. EA being the first.
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

nooberwaffles
03.18.2014 , 04:46 PM | #18
This is the latest thread to complain about the bit client correct? I would hate to necro one of the many threads started on a previous patch.

Windows 8.1, eastern US, "ST" and no issues with any other games downloading. Since I play at two sites it also fails on Windows Vista SP2. Simple updates should not take several hours to download, and should not be doing at 512kb that's inexcusable.

Oh, and add me to the list of subscribers who will not re-subscribe unless this is fixed. You made a game that I really want to play, but have decided to keep me from actually playing it...suit yourself.

renegadeimp
03.18.2014 , 04:49 PM | #19
There is a workaround that is 100% effective. but it means a full redownload of the game. Or at least a full installation from the game discs.

nooberwaffles
03.18.2014 , 06:55 PM | #20
I have decided to make this its own post because it may be too long. My game is patching the second half at something like 5% per hour.

left for dinner at 57.4%
half an hour later came back to find 60.82%
another half hour and installing at 62.15%
half hour update: 64.17% - Since I can do very little on my computer, I have finished my ironing.
half hour update: 65.86% - I just realized that DAO: Awakening was the last Dragon Age game I will ever buy, and I'm surprisingly OK with that.