Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reorganizing Data?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wooker
03.18.2014 , 09:34 AM | #1
Hey, I recently subbed played for abut 15 hours and now I started the Launcher and got this thingy. Its at 2.60% after 30 min Idk why... Theres also a ST at the corner. Its so slow and need help!
Let The Wookiee Win

Wooker
03.18.2014 , 09:57 AM | #2
It sped up and now is done, now I just hope it doesn't happen again.
Let The Wookiee Win

Benuvil
03.18.2014 , 10:02 AM | #3
This is happening to me as well, except I haven't played since yesterday. The client is "reorganizing files", and there is an ST in the corner.

The client warns me not to exit or else I will be forced to redownload the full game client... but uh.. considering that I've been waiting a FULL HOUR and the reorganization process is at 3.47%, redownloading the full game would be SO SO SO much faster.

What the hell is this? Even after giving this game a year hiatus to get its **** together they still can't even pump out a functioning launcher.
Vader Sessions
In 1924, I posed for another sculpture. It was a nude rock. It depicted me singing 'Deep River'

Benuvil
03.18.2014 , 10:05 AM | #4
Not only is it unbearably slow, but it is eating up more memory than a standard game download. I can't even open my start menu with the computer freezing. GG SWToR Launcher...
Vader Sessions
In 1924, I posed for another sculpture. It was a nude rock. It depicted me singing 'Deep River'

Jee-Kann
03.18.2014 , 10:54 AM | #5
I have the same thing "Reorganizing Data"
It's freaking slow !!

The ST in the corner means that you downloaded the game from the game client of the website and not from the CD-ROM.
ST stands for STreaming

renegadeimp
03.18.2014 , 10:55 AM | #6
Time to ditch the streaming client guys. Wait till it bugs out on you and forces a total redownload of the game.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

sabrinaleena
03.18.2014 , 11:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Time to ditch the streaming client guys. Wait till it bugs out on you and forces a total redownload of the game.
If it's recommended we ditch the streaming client, then what is the alternative and where do we download it from?

razorseal
03.18.2014 , 12:44 PM | #8
wth is this thing!? It just did it like 3 days ago, and now doing it again!!! not to mention it takes AGESSSSS

DarthClarky
03.18.2014 , 12:47 PM | #9
What the hell is this crap
Since coming back to this game after a year the last patch last week got stuck at 97% and took an hour to get in game by having to close and re open the launcher god knows how many times, and now this Reorganizing Data at 2.95% after 20minutes!

Sort this crap out now!
The Red Eclipse
Joytex,Juglor,Relisher,Valkuss

Yizza,Trixxa,Sixa,Banthapoo,Clarkuss

MonochromeChris
03.18.2014 , 01:07 PM | #10
I love the way this is snarling up my whole computer too.... it gives me so much time to reflect on life, the universe and everything. Thanks guys for giving me the philosophical 'me-time'.