A nasty Rumor I heard

CrazyOldMystic

I heard they are planning on keeping conquer around as tier one, and having two tiers for ranked. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I hope its not true they are already becoming experts at burning pvpers out in this game, this would be overkill.

Go on the PTS and confirm it yourself. On the PTS there is only Obroan and Berserker gear on the vendors.

We used to have Centurion, Champion and Battlemaster all at the same time, the pieces coming randomly from drop boxes.

Was not a problem then, is not a problem now.

The forums way back when seemed to disagree with you :p

Though admittedly that had nothing to do with the concept of having three tiers.

We used to have Centurion, Champion and Battlemaster all at the same time, the pieces coming randomly from drop boxes.

Was not a problem then, is not a problem now.

It was a huge problem and was a cause of lost subs, and cent did not come from bags but was instead bought with credits.

When they retire a set of gear, what happens? Can you trade it for comms or something or does it just disappear eventually?

If you already have it either trash it or bank it. It will not disappear from your inventory but it will not be purchasable anymore.

no that was recruit when it first came out, cent was bought with comms (or tokens?) as well

Correct, recruit was given to new 50s when it was released, or they could choose a cash alternative, which was the main issue with that, players being greedy for the cash and then trying to play pvp naked. They were given the tools to be semi competitive and chose not to be, their own fault, and people wonder why L55 pvp is full of clueless morons now.

As for centurion, champ, BM, I don't really recall exactly how centurion was vendor bought, it certainly was not for cash, and if anything was tokens, I think that probably was the case.

What actually happened was, we all ended up in gear made up of different sets, (a few cent and champ pieces, BM hat and mainhand etc) and in my opinion, it was more fun, and much harder. It is way too easy now to gear up, and that is why they are having to bring in a new set now to appease the people that BW think are now bored. My biggest ever annoyance was getting 2 BM head pieces from drop boxes, what a waste, and yet I look back at those times much more fondly than I do the current shambles.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen