Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware please continue class stories

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Bioware please continue class stories

Adaliaya
03.16.2014 , 05:39 AM | #1
Title tells it all
I would happily pay 30$ for 3-4 planets/1 full chapter more story

PowerJediRanger
03.16.2014 , 08:02 PM | #2
I think there are some threads on this. And if I remember they may not work on the stories anymore from what I heard.
"Do or do not, there is no try."

NobleSpec
03.16.2014 , 10:58 PM | #3
There are threads on this, I agree. I want them too. Lookup the cantina tour at Atlanta...you'll like what you hear.
Q:" So will we see any new class stories?"
A:" ---we recognize the want of these features in the game, that's all we can say. We just see how much the players want this."

Essence_of_Light
03.16.2014 , 11:01 PM | #4
I want Class Stories too, but sadly I doubt this is going to happen. The only reason they don't give us a straight up "No" answer is because they don't want to risk loosing subscribers.

Plus, they've already said "No" to (continued) Companion Stories; what hope does Class Stories have?
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!

eldefail
03.17.2014 , 02:26 AM | #5
I would also love a continuation of class stories. But isn't it an extremely expensive endeavor? The current budget (especially with EA around) probably doesn't have room for that kind of undertaking. Voice talent--GOOD voice talent--isn't cheap. Re-hiring all the voice talent for more extensive dialogue if the game is suddenly more successful and EA/Bioware has the money to blow could mean said voice talent charging a higher rate for their services.

I think money and EA are the biggest obstacles here, in that right now I don't know that swtor is actually generating enough extra money to justify such a large project, and I think we can all agree EA would rather sprinkle all that money on their corn flakes and eat it for breakfast with their shareholders.

cymonguk
03.17.2014 , 10:55 AM | #6
When you consider that the original budget was estimated at $200m, how much do you think of that was for generating the story content? I am going to say that even if you underestimate at $15m ( I would go closer to $80-100m), then EA can never make enough money to do it again. Even if they were only to add 1/5 of the extra content that is still coming in at $3m-$15m they need to find.

I am not sure what the current subscriber base is but I believe someone claimed 200-300k? So you are looking at needing to get an extra guaranteed $6-8 per month for a year, or everyone to pay a one off upgrade of say $30. It is just too risky, and no chance if it is an optional cost or add-on as not everyone would pay. I think the only way it could happen is if they make it somehow non-optional, which would get the people screaming here about cash grab, etc, etc, what do I pay my subs for.... etc, etc

DomiSotto
03.17.2014 , 11:03 AM | #7
That's the only thing that would justify re-sub for me. Otherwise, auto-Preferred Status is good enough.

wainot-keel
03.17.2014 , 11:21 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by NobleSpec View Post
There are threads on this, I agree. I want them too. Lookup the cantina tour at Atlanta...you'll like what you hear.
Q:" So will we see any new class stories?"
A:" ---we recognize the want of these features in the game, that's all we can say. We just see how much the players want this."
Musco specifically addressed that here on forums later on. He said that answer ("we recognize....") was to a different question, not about the class stories one.

Unfortunately, it seems class stories were ditched for good, and unless there is some big change in management or whatever, that won't change.....

Kaisernick
03.18.2014 , 08:34 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by eldefail View Post
I would also love a continuation of class stories. But isn't it an extremely expensive endeavor? The current budget (especially with EA around) probably doesn't have room for that kind of undertaking. Voice talent--GOOD voice talent--isn't cheap. Re-hiring all the voice talent for more extensive dialogue if the game is suddenly more successful and EA/Bioware has the money to blow could mean said voice talent charging a higher rate for their services.

I think money and EA are the biggest obstacles here, in that right now I don't know that swtor is actually generating enough extra money to justify such a large project, and I think we can all agree EA would rather sprinkle all that money on their corn flakes and eat it for breakfast with their shareholders.
if you look at the quests on a planet each class has about 3, that's not much and if they said its to expensive i call them idiots.
I have played Makeb on a Assassin and Gaurdian and i have ZERO interest in touching it with my alts because i know its going to be 99.9% the same with only a minor amount of dialogue changes.
The next exp could easily add at least 3 or even 2 class missions they dont have to be huge but they would give me a incentive to play through with all my characters, if the next exp is exactly the same as Makeb then i doubt ill continue subbing this game and i doubt ill continue playing it.

cymonguk
03.18.2014 , 08:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
if you look at the quests on a planet each class has about 3, that's not much and if they said its to expensive i call them idiots.
I have played Makeb on a Assassin and Gaurdian and i have ZERO interest in touching it with my alts because i know its going to be 99.9% the same with only a minor amount of dialogue changes.
The next exp could easily add at least 3 or even 2 class missions they dont have to be huge but they would give me a incentive to play through with all my characters, if the next exp is exactly the same as Makeb then i doubt ill continue subbing this game and i doubt ill continue playing it.
Might as well unsubscribe now there is no way they are going to add 24 class missions/stories. Too much cost, too little gain.