Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Up the defense on tank classes!!


DarkAngelRiku's Avatar


DarkAngelRiku
03.14.2014 , 05:01 PM | #1
Seriously you guys constantly show love to the DPS classes by upping the amount of damage they can do. But when's the last time any tank spec skill trees got any love? Answer, you haven't shown any in a long time. So quit being biased to the DPS classes and make your other spec's and classes a little more viable. How about upping the defense on Juggernaut/Powertech/Guardian to compensate for the constantly increased DPS? Seriously playing a tank right now is not worth it, and if you continue on the path you are with them, tanks may as well be Sorcerers or Operatives in terms of defense.

Spamfritter's Avatar


Spamfritter
03.14.2014 , 07:15 PM | #2
What the **** are you talking about? Clearly you know next to nothing about tanking. The defense stat is a mitigation stat and has nothing to do with threat generation. Our damage mitigation is generally fine (if you understand the gearing and clearly you don't) and the tank classes are fairly well balanced at this point. If your losing agro on a tank then your rotation sucks and you lack an understanding of threat / taunt mechanics. Some tanks handle agro generation better than others but they are all viable for all current content.

And there are skills in the tank trees that increase threat generation on some abilities.
CE VIP

Phyltr's Avatar


Phyltr
03.14.2014 , 10:53 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkAngelRiku View Post
Seriously playing a tank right now is not worth it, and if you continue on the path you are with them, tanks may as well be Sorcerers or Operatives in terms of defense.
I...don't....what? What did I just read? This is hurting my brain.

CrazyOldMystic's Avatar


CrazyOldMystic
03.15.2014 , 04:11 PM | #4
I have a vanguard tank, and all I can is op you are 100 percent wrong.

Cuiwe's Avatar


Cuiwe
03.15.2014 , 04:57 PM | #5
***???żżż

I can nigh solo things that give nightmares on my PT AND sin. Not to mention that I'm as invincible as it gets(PT 48-ish DR, 8,1k hp lvl 33, Sin 28/25 DRs, 20-ish Def chance, idk hp right now lvl 20).

Besides, the tank classes are the most versatile imo. You have the avoidance tank(shadow/sin), the standard tank(Guard/Jugg) and the, hm, aoe/trash tank(Vang/PT).

What's wrong again?

Prototypemind's Avatar


Prototypemind
03.16.2014 , 01:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkAngelRiku View Post
Seriously you guys constantly show love to the DPS classes by upping the amount of damage they can do. But when's the last time any tank spec skill trees got any love? Answer, you haven't shown any in a long time. So quit being biased to the DPS classes and make your other spec's and classes a little more viable. How about upping the defense on Juggernaut/Powertech/Guardian to compensate for the constantly increased DPS? Seriously playing a tank right now is not worth it, and if you continue on the path you are with them, tanks may as well be Sorcerers or Operatives in terms of defense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

I'll just leave this here...

Canmore's Avatar


Canmore
03.16.2014 , 01:29 AM | #7
think the OP fails to understand and it might not be his fault if in a bad guild that he needs to replace alot of stock mods on armour to gain shield chance and absorbtion etc to maximise his tanking potential
most of the tanking gear that comes direct of the vendor is woefully inadequate untill you start swapping them out atleast on republic side thats true

Spamfritter's Avatar


Spamfritter
03.16.2014 , 04:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
think the OP fails to understand and it might not be his fault if in a bad guild that he needs to replace alot of stock mods on armour to gain shield chance and absorbtion etc to maximise his tanking potential
most of the tanking gear that comes direct of the vendor is woefully inadequate untill you start swapping them out atleast on republic side thats true
The allocation is the same on both sides. Essentially the mitigation stats are worse for Oriconian gear than it was on the Verpine gear. You have less mitigation on the mods and the enhancements are pathetic with only 22 points of defense or absorbtion. Even worse is the absolutely horrid alacrity and accuracy included on many of the pieces. You end up with tanks that have a huge amount of hit points but absolutely pathetic mitigation. These tanks are hard to heal and spiky as hell.

I don't know if that's what the original poster is actually talking about. It sounds more like he's talking about holding threat which largely comes down to rotation and understanding threat and taunt mechanics. It doesn't sound like he does.
CE VIP

theUndead's Avatar


theUndead
03.16.2014 , 04:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkAngelRiku View Post
Seriously you guys constantly show love to the DPS classes by upping the amount of damage they can do. But when's the last time any tank spec skill trees got any love? Answer, you haven't shown any in a long time. So quit being biased to the DPS classes and make your other spec's and classes a little more viable. How about upping the defense on Juggernaut/Powertech/Guardian to compensate for the constantly increased DPS? Seriously playing a tank right now is not worth it, and if you continue on the path you are with them, tanks may as well be Sorcerers or Operatives in terms of defense.
My Powertech tank and Assassin tank would highly disagree with you.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

Kortio's Avatar


Kortio
03.16.2014 , 04:39 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Spamfritter View Post
The allocation is the same on both sides. Essentially the mitigation stats are worse for Oriconian gear than it was on the Verpine gear. You have less mitigation on the mods and the enhancements are pathetic with only 22 points of defense or absorbtion. Even worse is the absolutely horrid alacrity and accuracy included on many of the pieces. You end up with tanks that have a huge amount of hit points but absolutely pathetic mitigation. These tanks are hard to heal and spiky as hell.

I don't know if that's what the original poster is actually talking about. It sounds more like he's talking about holding threat which largely comes down to rotation and understanding threat and taunt mechanics. It doesn't sound like he does.
This, this, this so much. The Gear is horrible.

The only thing I would like is a few more abilities with heightened threat. I have really a hard time as a beginner to tank the threat of slightly better geared DPS classes, even with perfect rotation. I'd add it to Sweeping Slash.