Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stasie's Galactic Starfighter Guide (Ships, Components, Crew, Tips)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Stasie's Galactic Starfighter Guide (Ships, Components, Crew, Tips)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tunewalker
04.08.2014 , 01:15 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Gavin_Kelvar View Post
just wondering here but in your guide (and on Dulfy's) the repair probe CD for the Type 3 striker is 30 seconds after upgrading. But on live it seems to be 60 seconds (90 w/out the upgrade). Did they increase the CD between the PTS and going live or are things bugged?
ya they increased the CD.

TrinityLyre
04.08.2014 , 01:59 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Gavin_Kelvar View Post
just wondering here but in your guide (and on Dulfy's) the repair probe CD for the Type 3 striker is 30 seconds after upgrading. But on live it seems to be 60 seconds (90 w/out the upgrade). Did they increase the CD between the PTS and going live or are things bugged?
It did get nerfed prior to release. It doesn't change the build for my guide (I edited the cooldown) but it was a good move, having it up constantly seems ridiculous.
Anastasie / Phytia The Bastion
Respected and Despised & Insert Guild Name Here
Check out my Galactic Starfighter Compendium and contribute!

tunewalker
04.08.2014 , 02:50 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by TrinityLyre View Post
It did get nerfed prior to release. It doesn't change the build for my guide (I edited the cooldown) but it was a good move, having it up constantly seems ridiculous.
hey stasie you thinking about putting panic's scout build into this

TrinityLyre
04.08.2014 , 02:58 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
hey stasie you thinking about putting panic's scout build into this
Who's Panic? Get me a link and I don't mind adding a link to it.

tunewalker
04.08.2014 , 03:07 PM | #125
Who's Panic? Get me a link and I don't mind adding a link to it.
I think i spelled name wrong... oh well we will see later

Edit: I meant Pincer lol I am dumb mixed up pincer and sanic for some reason.

TrinityLyre
04.09.2014 , 01:55 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I think i spelled name wrong... oh well we will see later

Edit: I meant Pincer lol I am dumb mixed up pincer and sanic for some reason.
Added.

As a side note, I've been playing both builds I listed for the new strike fighter and scout and finding them very fun to play. The scout seems to offer some great utility for domination maps (especially Denon with its extremely far starting points) with Tensor Field while still retaining some killing power through LLC with Frequency Capacitor. All its secondary options feel terrible, though.

The strike is a great mobile support and utility platform with excellent medium-range killing power (Quads), though these lasers do not synergize well at all with the missile options (why do all the secondaries on these ships suck?). Thermite is very fun to use, however! I have a variant of the Clarion on the other faction that definitely changes the gameplay and offensive power of the ship, I'll list it soon. I'm hoping people have come up with interesting alternatives to the new ships.

Last comment: Screw you, Power Dive!

tunewalker
04.09.2014 , 02:57 PM | #127
Added.

As a side note, I've been playing both builds I listed for the new strike fighter and scout and finding them very fun to play. The scout seems to offer some great utility for domination maps (especially Denon with its extremely far starting points) with Tensor Field while still retaining some killing power through LLC with Frequency Capacitor. All its secondary options feel terrible, though.

The strike is a great mobile support and utility platform with excellent medium-range killing power (Quads), though these lasers do not synergize well at all with the missile options (why do all the secondaries on these ships suck?). Thermite is very fun to use, however! I have a variant of the Clarion on the other faction that definitely changes the gameplay and offensive power of the ship, I'll list it soon. I'm hoping people have come up with interesting alternatives to the new ships.

Oh i have figured out how to find out where power dive sends you every time so i know where it goes now.... also I might post a new Pike build with the changes after more testing.

TheRampage
04.09.2014 , 04:02 PM | #128
Is there any way to know who needs your healing and shield refiling? Because atm I just fly around and guessing "oh you may need heal" "oh, you are chased"
Raph‚el - Not Good Enough

Magira
04.09.2014 , 04:14 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRampage View Post
Is there any way to know who needs your healing and shield refiling? Because atm I just fly around and guessing "oh you may need heal" "oh, you are chased"
Only for premades with TS. For PUGs the new ships are largely useless.
The Red Eclipse: Ynaxi, Thamari, Shakrj , Lorilee, Maedu
Guild: The Wookiees Legacy:Shockwaverider
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shockwave_Rider

Gavin_Kelvar
04.09.2014 , 07:32 PM | #130

I will say that I think HLC would've synergized much better with the missile options than RFL/LLC. Especially with thermites and their shield pierce effect after a hit. I have found running a co-pilot with bypass works out very well to increase the amount of shield pierce you have against tough targets.

Thanks to the engine nerfs long lock on time missiles are actually fairly viable against targets other than bombers now. I was kinda worried that thermites/protons would be useless due to too easily being evaded.