Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stasie's Galactic Starfighter Guide (Ships, Components, Crew, Tips)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Stasie's Galactic Starfighter Guide (Ships, Components, Crew, Tips)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kuciwalker
04.02.2014 , 02:58 PM | #111
To clarify I was still talking exclusively in context of a gunship (and particularly regarding aiming the railgun).

TrinityLyre
04.03.2014 , 12:20 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
Interesting. I have the opposite problem, which is why I thought of Servo Jammer.
Servo Jammer could actually be incredibly useful if it weren't so limited in range. I could see it working very well on a Pike/Quell so that the tougher missile locks just become that much easier to land. I've tried Wingman and love it when I'm on a gunship, it's actually pretty nice when firing on scouts in head-to-heads on strike fighters as well. Lockdown might be worth a try (again) next patch but has the same extremely limited range that most other copilot abilities suffer from.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kuciwalker View Post
Personally I find it harder to (manually) hit targets with a large angular velocity (i.e. flying fast, in a straight line, laterally) than those with frequent course changes, so I don't think it'd be very helpful even at 15km.
Totally agree here (in the context of gunship railgun). It's far more difficult to compensate for lag and tracking when someone is doing this.
Anastasie / Phytia The Bastion
Respected and Despised & Insert Guild Name Here
Check out my Galactic Starfighter Compendium and contribute!

tommmsunb
04.03.2014 , 12:42 PM | #113
I dont know if this was said later in the article but i think it belongs in the general section(tips for success) (i didnt see it there)

If you find yourself being very inaccurate, part of that has to do with mouse shake which can come from being nervous. If you're below 30% accuracy with quads or anything slower than that try lowering your mouse sensitivity. It'll make a big difference and you can amp up your sensitivity as you get better.

Reference, i average 50%+ accuracy with quads on a scout and 65%+ with bursts

TrinityLyre
04.04.2014 , 01:29 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by tommmsunb View Post
If you're below 30% accuracy with quads or anything slower than that try lowering your mouse sensitivity. It'll make a big difference and you can amp up your sensitivity as you get better.
Added this, thanks for the tip. I'm working on some additional (mostly fun/amusement) builds for patch.

MisterBlackJack
04.04.2014 , 04:15 AM | #115
Hey OP. I found this video guide on Reddit the other day. It was posted by DudesterRadman. Here's the link thought this would be a good addition to the guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mn0651zdA8
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

TrinityLyre
04.04.2014 , 10:33 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
Hey OP. I found this video guide on Reddit the other day. It was posted by DudesterRadman. Here's the link thought this would be a good addition to the guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mn0651zdA8
Thanks so much for this link! I added it to a two-link section at the beginning for newer players. You are all helping expand this rather quickly, thank you again!

Verain
04.05.2014 , 11:18 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by TrinityLyre View Post
Servo Jammer could actually be incredibly useful if it weren't so limited in range.
I cautiously agree. I'll also say it's annoying to get this copilot on Republic, as the passives attached to it are rather poor (Risha has the two 10% boosts, and Oro has evasion and shield recharge, Oro being the better choice by far but that's still rather limiting, and Risha is just a terrible crew member, as is Andronikus).

The thing is that the intended use- nail someone at close range and then win a dogfight- seems to happen rather infrequently, and with greater range it would be a lot better as you could use it for more than just that.

Quote:
Lockdown might be worth a try (again) next patch but has the same extremely limited range that most other copilot abilities suffer from.
I think all the copilot abilities should be 20k, and 10k would be a bare minimum. 5k is pretty much melee range, and only a few of them are actually powerful enough to warrant that.

I think lockdown will be admirable next patch for sure. Doctor Lokin and C2N2 are the go-to guys here, but OMG C2N2 is annoyface. It'll still be pretty niche- you'll use the ability to land a missile and that's about it, and only under certain circumstances.

-Streven-
04.06.2014 , 10:24 AM | #118
Lockdown will definitely be useful after the patch. Currently its hard to run out of engine power with the right build and power management barring ion rails.

TrinityLyre
04.07.2014 , 01:34 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by -Streven- View Post
Lockdown will definitely be useful after the patch. Currently its hard to run out of engine power with the right build and power management barring ion rails.
I feel like people have grossly underestimated the engine nerfs, though I really wish some of these copilot abilities were buffed. In general, this game (minigame? whatever) could use a larger variety of solid options when it comes to component and crew selections. Many of the veterans avoid using certain components or abilities because frankly they just suck. That's a good portion of why I didn't bother adding a components section to this guide (though I may decide to work on one). Some players I've talked to still feel like sticking to what they've got working. Try that after experiencing the 20 second barrel roll cooldown of doom. I'd also recommend trying out the various maneuvers you've avoided thus far, you may be surprised!

Gavin_Kelvar
04.08.2014 , 12:16 PM | #120
just wondering here but in your guide (and on Dulfy's) the repair probe CD for the Type 3 striker is 30 seconds after upgrading. But on live it seems to be 60 seconds (90 w/out the upgrade). Did they increase the CD between the PTS and going live or are things bugged?