Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Petition]Change the loot for level 50 Story Mode Flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
[Petition]Change the loot for level 50 Story Mode Flashpoints

TheSupaCoopa
03.14.2014 , 12:38 PM | #1
Duran'del here:

For those of you who do not know, level 50 Flashpoints give you Campaign(61) Rating gear from Bosses. If you are lucky and you get all the drops, and later, a whole set of Campaign gear, what is the point of doing Belsavis, Section X, or Black Hole? The entire point is gone.

Bioware, while I'm all for less grinding, please change the Black Hole gear to Rating 122 or 124 rating gear(Cannot remember the mod levels). This would make classic commendations serve the purpose they are meant to do allow you to get some of the best gear available at level 50.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

Paintcheck
03.14.2014 , 01:08 PM | #2
With how fast you level from 50 to 55, I'd be pretty surprised if anyone was still grinding Black Hole and Section X, especially when you can buy Rakata (58) mods for planetary comms which are more than good enough for Makeb.

mikebevo
03.14.2014 , 01:08 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
Duran'del here:

For those of you who do not know, level 50 Flashpoints give you Campaign(61) Rating gear from Bosses. If you are lucky and you get all the drops, and later, a whole set of Campaign gear, what is the point of doing Belsavis, Section X, or Black Hole? The entire point is gone.

Bioware, while I'm all for less grinding, please change the Black Hole gear to Rating 122 or 124 rating gear(Cannot remember the mod levels). This would make classic commendations serve the purpose they are meant to do allow you to get some of the best gear available at level 50.
You're correct there is no point in doing Belsavis, Ilum or Black Hole (well BH weekly and Section X do give basic comms, so there is a small point in doing them), but really there really isn't a reason to do 50 SM or HM FPs for that matter except for XP leveling from 50 to 55. You can use planet comms to buy rakata level gear from makeb vendor. More than enough to go from 50 to 55 and get starter gear doing the Oricon missions and a MH from CZ-198.

I just leveled a sorcerer to 55. Did everything up to the soloing Oricon Heroic with rakata gear. Then pulled mods, armor and enhancements, crafted ear and implants and used basic comms to buy one relic and soloed the heroic. Not even in the right gear as I geared for heals but was still in dps spec. Ready for SM anything now and after a few mins moving gear from alt, could be ready for hard mode.

It is old content, no real reason to worry about it.