Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2.7 dps


Luckeyduckey's Avatar


Luckeyduckey
03.13.2014 , 03:07 AM | #1
I just saw this parse: http://www.torparse.com/a/586617/1

Is this because of 2.7? I see that the server is "Axial Park" (Assuming that's the PTS.) Or is Sorc still pretty bad DPS? Going to be starting PvE, and trying to decide a class to play. I love PT, but also enjoy Sorc, and since I doubt PT will be getting any buffs anytime soon, was thinking Lightning Sorc, but on live, it's DPS is pretty bad. Can anyone on the PTS verify this is a new "normal" DPS?
Expl°it
ěnslaught
Eradicate

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
03.13.2014 , 04:07 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckeyduckey View Post
I just saw this parse: http://www.torparse.com/a/586617/1

Is this because of 2.7? I see that the server is "Axial Park" (Assuming that's the PTS.) Or is Sorc still pretty bad DPS? Going to be starting PvE, and trying to decide a class to play. I love PT, but also enjoy Sorc, and since I doubt PT will be getting any buffs anytime soon, was thinking Lightning Sorc, but on live, it's DPS is pretty bad. Can anyone on the PTS verify this is a new "normal" DPS?
Unless I'm sorely mistaken someone has edited the **** out of that log.

Feel free to think of some legit reason why there's been 1.2m damage done on a 1m hp dummy.

In fact I can't be bothered being subtle, threat says 999205 while damage is 1223817 and examining the log you can see where the damage has been edited up but they were too inexperienced to edit the threat to be the same.

Protip: Damage = threat for non tanks.

You wanna compete with the big boys on the highscores you gotta edit it properly.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners

ceazare's Avatar


ceazare
03.13.2014 , 05:30 AM | #3
Quote:
01:06:31.873 Heidyn's Affliction (Force) hits Operations Training Dummy for 8063 internal damage, causing 863 threat.
The changes to sorc trees should be implemented today so new parses will probably pop up in next few days.
Pelara <Titans>
The Red Eclipse

Luckeyduckey's Avatar


Luckeyduckey
03.13.2014 , 09:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Unless I'm sorely mistaken someone has edited the **** out of that log.

Feel free to think of some legit reason why there's been 1.2m damage done on a 1m hp dummy.

In fact I can't be bothered being subtle, threat says 999205 while damage is 1223817 and examining the log you can see where the damage has been edited up but they were too inexperienced to edit the threat to be the same.

Protip: Damage = threat for non tanks.

You wanna compete with the big boys on the highscores you gotta edit it properly.
Lol, thanks. Guess I'll wait and see the REAL changes, or just stick to other classes.
Expl°it
ěnslaught
Eradicate

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
03.13.2014 , 09:18 AM | #5
rofl....yeah... non crit ticks from Heidyn's affliction hit for 8k

a_Sureshot's Avatar


a_Sureshot
03.13.2014 , 10:37 AM | #6
If you are looking what sages/sorcs can do on the PTS Ill show you a real PTS parse.

Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/613986/tim...583/0/Overview
This is a legit parse I did the other day.
Jurbeke

Severity Gaming
Provectus

Felkroth's Avatar


Felkroth
03.13.2014 , 11:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by a_Sureshot View Post
If you are looking what sages/sorcs can do on the PTS Ill show you a real PTS parse.

Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/613986/tim...583/0/Overview
This is a legit parse I did the other day.
No pushback dummy parse! I.e. expect it to not be an accurate reflection of the capabilities of the class in an actual encounter....


I.e. Remove freakin pushback on the only ranged dps spec in the game now that will STILL have it.

mr_twopercent's Avatar


mr_twopercent
03.14.2014 , 08:02 AM | #8
Nice parse! (and nice crit too ) I've noticed a slight increase in dps with the new changes. Consistently hitting 3350 - 3420. Been unlucky with my crit% tho as usually am hitting 33 - 34% compared to your 38%

DneTrain's Avatar


DneTrain
03.18.2014 , 07:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by a_Sureshot View Post
If you are looking what sages/sorcs can do on the PTS Ill show you a real PTS parse.

Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/613986/tim...583/0/Overview
This is a legit parse I did the other day.
Thats a solid parse, do you happen to have your build on AskMrRobot or something like that I'd like to get a look at it. Im all 78 gear (working on a couple tweaks) here and there and am trying to see how I can improve it. I'm Parsing around 3300-3400 in the PTS.
Dacell
∵∴∵ R E I G N ∵∴∵
Sith Empire

DneTrain's Avatar


DneTrain
03.18.2014 , 07:52 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Felkroth View Post
No pushback dummy parse! I.e. expect it to not be an accurate reflection of the capabilities of the class in an actual encounter....


I.e. Remove freakin pushback on the only ranged dps spec in the game now that will STILL have it.
The only moves in lightning that are not immune to pushback are crushing darkness and force lightning now. They finally gave TB 100% pushback
Dacell
∵∴∵ R E I G N ∵∴∵
Sith Empire