Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We want answers

Spankyjnco
12.23.2011 , 05:06 PM | #91
Just an update, still nothing from bioware. Has anyone heard any information on these topics?

masterneo
12.23.2011 , 05:24 PM | #92
Love the game. But alot of these points are very valid for me. Especially the graphics ones. Would like to know about the low texture issues, blocky shadows and lack of AA.

I support this =)
Sanctuary - Sith'ari EU - Member
Anaru - Jedi Sage 50
Asoka - Jedi Guardian 23
Justice - Jedi Shadow 33

Zarthorn
12.23.2011 , 05:26 PM | #93
The one thing I want Bioware to fix above all is the damn black screen crash issue which they made worse with this mornings patch.

Fix that and a lot of people will be happy.

Catnic
12.23.2011 , 05:54 PM | #94
I'm actually quite positive about the way BW is communicating.

Complaints about the grace period: They responded
Complainst about the queues: They responded
Taris issues: Responded

I can go on about several things they responded on. Remember this game has just been released and they have to cope with massive influx of people, new hardware etc. If they manage to communicate like this under this situation I think we can all be happy about the future.

I've yet to see Blizzard, Turbine and other to provide the same level of communication like BW.

StephenReid
12.23.2011 , 06:29 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Spankyjnco View Post
1. Where are your customer relations people!? Tons of questions are asked on the forums daily and I never see any GM/DEV/CR/anything answering these questions. Look at some of the games out there that have a good customer to developer communication, and you will see that communication is the key to having a good player base relationship/forgiving relationship.
We read many of the Forums daily, but we are never going to guarantee an answer to every question. It's really not possible.

2. Is there a plan to fix the graphic settings? Right now there is no real difference between medium/high graphics and it's apparent that we are all stuck with the medium textures. What's the reasoning for this, and do you guys have a fix planned?
It's a bug, and we are working on rolling out a fix.

3. When are we getting Optimized AA? Sure we can force it on now, but everyone knows that is kinda glitchy and can lead to problems.
We don't have an ETA on that yet, but it's desired by development.

4. Flashpoint loot problems. Some FPs have loot that is auto-looted by one of the members and nobody else can have a crack at it, any plans on fixing this?
A known issue, and will be fixed.

5. When and with what are you going to be updating the CE/Security vendors with? A lot of people are upset with the VIP lounge after you hyped it up so much... what are the plans exactly for implementing new content to these areas.
We'll be adding new content over time, but other areas of development are a higher priority right now.

6. Chat Bug. Are you aware of it? Randomly people will not be able to read/talk in group chat, or general chat etc unless they relog. This is extremely annoying, is there a fix planned?
A known issue, and will be fixed.

7. UI tweaking. There is some decent options available now, but a pretty legitimate complaint is that the text size is not adjustable on anything but the general chat box. For those on certain monitors/TVs, it makes reading quest logs, tool tips, anything else really ahrd to read. Also the ability to have better placement/manual placement of the hotkey bars.
There are more UI customization options coming, although they're a little way out.

8. A easier way to find groups. Having to spam in /1 is quite annoying to everyone in the zone, let alone those looking for a group. And noobdy seems to use that actual "Flag yourself for group" option because it's not very successful. I would like to do flashpoints, but I'm not going to waste 30 minutes sitting in the fleet spamming /1 that I am looking for a group. Some kind of way to have a global search/group finder would be nice.
We're aware of this desire, but we actually believe that finding others on the same planet as you encourages social interaction a bit more than a general 'group finder'. We're not saying it'll never, ever happen but again, not high priority right now.

9. Social gear scaling. Great idea putting this in, but the way that it currently is moddable, only classes that never get hit can benefit from this. They can get all their stats and such,but nobody else has these benefits. Any plans on making it un-moddable?
There are plans to allow those who adopt tanking roles to be able to gain the armor benefits when wearing moddable gear. Again, this is not a high priority feature right now, but I know it's something that Damion feels is important.

10. Someone mentioned chairs. Should be more chairs to sit in, but this was addressed recently that they will get to it, not a hot priority but people asked so heres the info :P
I know more chairs will be available for sitting in the future!

Zarthorn
12.23.2011 , 06:41 PM | #96
Since you are answering questions Stephen, how about the black screen issue that has got prevailantly worse.

Some players experienced this since beta, others have now "inherited" this issue from the last hotfix (I'm one of them) and it's actually not just a small issue to "sweep" under the carpet like some small visual bug, this is a very very big bad, stop you from playing forcing you to reboot issue.

The question is, will we see this issue at least hotfixed somewhat, maybe even a patch rollback (from the patch that was put out this morning that worsened the black screen crash making it more prevailent) before you guys go off to enjoy your holidays?

Or can we expect to have to wait until after the holidays, which I'm sure will likely tick a few people off (myself included first time in months I've had a few days off and I wanted to get stuck in yet can't because of this)?

Leggomy
12.23.2011 , 06:48 PM | #97
We are 3 days from the launch. What exactly did you guys expect? I am amazed at people demanding all this stuff NOW. Its this entitlement thing this generation has. No patience no nothing. I want it all and I want it now. Sad I feel bad for the future.

Ancen
12.23.2011 , 06:49 PM | #98
Question if you are able, and thanks for those responses before ... when/will we see rewards from killing enemy players in PVP such as valor/xp/merc commendations each kill, instead of the current setup where just flipping Ilum is all that matters? Right now you're better off ignoring the enemy and trading the zone as far as I am aware?

Zarthorn
12.23.2011 , 06:53 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
We are 3 days from the launch. What exactly did you guys expect? I am amazed at people demanding all this stuff NOW. Its this entitlement thing this generation has. No patience no nothing. I want it all and I want it now. Sad I feel bad for the future.
Yes because a bunch of people being unable to play because of an issue that cannot be delt with client side is being "an entitled" crybaby.

Is it being a crybaby to ask to be able to simply play what you paid for without having to crash every 5 minutes?

Think before you post in future.

LeonBraun
12.23.2011 , 06:53 PM | #100
Officer chat is bugged a lot also.

The UI thing is being addressed. I would love to see the UI being a major feature of a future patch.

a LFD feature is convenient, but is a community destroyer to be sure, and I'm so glad it's not in the game.