2 nerfs in a row...

StryfeByrd

ok so honestly the OS nerf didnt effect me much because its still usefull for stopping a node cap but now you nerf our flashbang?!? Snipers are already one of the least viable classes in ranked WZs and now you make us worse? and b4 the trolls start with the L2P crap, take a sniper into an arena b4 you speak.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the most talked about things since launch has been CC and you're shocked when they remove a 30m AoE mezz?

you forgot: "that's instant, and requires no casting"

Also there are a few snipers that do both solo and team ranked well. They will be only better with the update.

sniper has a higher skill cap and requires better teamwork (as all ranged classes do). they are very far, however, from useless in arenas. 2 of the 3 sniper specs can be highly successful live, and you're getting mobility for your godmode gift of all caster abilities (moveable entrench). I'd trade electro net in a heart beat for a moveable entrench on a 40s cd. and barrier...well...lol @ barrier. so cry me a river that you can't instant mezz from 30-odd meters away.

sniper has a higher skill cap and requires better teamwork (as all ranged classes do). they are very far, however, from useless in arenas. 2 of the 3 sniper specs can be highly successful live, and you're getting mobility for your godmode gift of all caster abilities (moveable entrench). I'd trade electro net in a heart beat for a moveable entrench on a 40s cd. and barrier...well...lol @ barrier. so cry me a river that you can't instant mezz from 30-odd meters away.

A couple of things:

- Sniper isn't high skill cap haha, although I wish it was (I speak as a launch Sniper)

- All 3 specs are ranked viable, although engi is the hardest to execute due to poor build design.

- Moveable entrench will be valuable mostly to those who weren't thoughtful about popping it in the first instance. It's a noobifier, rather than a game-changer.

---

I don't care about the nerf to flash nade. It was filling too much resolve anyway. The change to dodge is a bit of a bummer, sniper still sorely lacking in yellow damage mitigation when yellow damage is consistently getting stronger (TD, HS, TB). Alternatively, the strongest hit by a Sniper is white-damage-mitigatable, or cleansable, depending on spec. Sheild probe can't be buffed either because it's shared between AC's, unless the devs are willing to make changes to low-tier talents to increase absorption which will further exacerbate Sniper OPness in lowbie.

2cents

Edited by ambitiousapple

A couple of things:

- Sniper isn't high skill cap haha, although I wish it was (I speak as a launch Sniper)

- All 3 specs are ranked viable, although engi is the hardest to execute due to poor build design.

- Moveable entrench will be valuable mostly to those who weren't thoughtful about popping it in the first instance. It's a noobifier, rather than a game-changer.

in arena, every range dps is a relatively high skill cap, meaning their potential contribution is as high as the smashers and pts, but getting there requires more skill. I wouldn't think that's debatable but...ok.

moveable entrench opens up a lot more possibilities for MM, imo.

Edited by foxmob

ok so OBVIOUSLY you guys havent heard yet that bioware already decided thet snipers so-called "godmode" buff in 2.7 has already been retracted and isnt going live so that means no buff+ another nerf. an i can agree that we shouldnt have a 30 meter range on flashbang but the ability to mezz 4 people at once can mean the diffrence in lif and death when a snipert gets focused in a wz.

One of the most talked about things since launch has been CC and you're shocked when they remove a 30m AoE mezz?

It never lasts as an AOE and you KNOW this. It is an escape mechanic at best, mez is near worthless in WZ unless you are a stealther doing a node cap.

It never lasts as an AOE and you KNOW this. It is an escape mechanic at best, mez is near worthless in WZ unless you are a stealther doing a node cap.

lolno. Flash is one of the best warzone abilities. Throw that sucker in the group of 3-7 targets and more than half of them will use their escape ability to break it. That is when your teammates have a free ride to take them down.

Snipers are already one of the least viable classes in ranked WZs

You lost all credibility when you said this. Why? Because everyone uses it as an excuse, if you went to each of the class subforums you would see that someone will post the 'this class is bad for arenas' as a reason why they should get over buffed.

Just for reference on what I commonly see:

DPS Juggs, 'don't have enough survivability'

Marauders, 'with the smash nerf we are useless because carnage is bad'

Mercenaries, 'we are too prone to interrupts'

Sorc, 'we are too prone to interrupts and we don't have enough survivability'

Operatives, 'we don't have enough survivability'

Snipers, 'we don't have enough survivability, and we are getting nerfed'

Powertechs, 'Pyro doesn't have the survivability'

Assassins, 'we don't have sustained damage'

Add onto the end of those lines 'and therefore we are not viable for arenas' and you get the typical complaints that pop up all over the forums.

Also until there is a larger sample size for arena queues (ie. cross server), the leaderboards will always be skewed towards the few dominant people on each server since there is not enough people to challenge them effectively. This especially applies for group ranked.

Please try to think up of better reasoning before coming to the forums and using baseless comments that can't be justified.

You lost all credibility when you said this. Why? Because everyone uses it as an excuse, if you went to each of the class subforums you would see that someone will post the 'this class is bad for arenas' as a reason why they should get over buffed.

Just for reference on what I commonly see:

DPS Juggs, 'don't have enough survivability'

Marauders, 'with the smash nerf we are useless because carnage is bad'

Mercenaries, 'we are too prone to interrupts'

Sorc, 'we are too prone to interrupts and we don't have enough survivability'

Operatives, 'we don't have enough survivability'

Snipers, 'we don't have enough survivability, and we are getting nerfed'

Powertechs, 'Pyro doesn't have the survivability'

Assassins, 'we don't have sustained damage'

Add onto the end of those lines 'and therefore we are not viable for arenas' and you get the typical complaints that pop up all over the forums.

Also until there is a larger sample size for arena queues (ie. cross server), the leaderboards will always be skewed towards the few dominant people on each server since there is not enough people to challenge them effectively. This especially applies for group ranked.

Please try to think up of better reasoning before coming to the forums and using baseless comments that can't be justified.

Preach it, brother!