Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mach 5 Massacre - In-Depth Marauder Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Mach 5 Massacre - In-Depth Marauder Guide

Kibaken
02.19.2012 , 07:42 PM | #501
If you're just using Sweeping Strikes in-between fights to drop Rage and build Fury then I absolutely applaud you for being in the top percentile of our class.

The rotation for Carnage - rotation of course being the Burst Phase order I have - will work in both PvE and PvP. As I say in the guide the order in which you perform Scream and Ravage is, timing-wise, much easier to get off by using Ravage first. You may, in PvP situations, in find yourself unable to do so for whatever reason so I just wanted to stress that it can go either way.
Nylos Daeryo Jelrik Lyrax | Sanguiar Rapton Zegran Kemarov
The Aurion Legacy

Dazink
02.19.2012 , 11:21 PM | #502
Good guide. I've used it and found it most informative. My guild is currently 6/10 8 man nightmare (4/5 EV and 2/5 KP, including Karagga himself) and working on 16man hardmode (7/10).

I leveled and started out raiding as Carnage. It is my favorite spec, however because of the Ataru bug, self heals and other clutch items, Annihilation has become my go to spec. While it might not posses the burst Carnage has, it still has very strong attributes. The only fight I really want Carnage for is Soa, and maybe G4-B3.

I am curious about the gear stats weightings and what people are at currently.
My current setup:
Rakata pieces: MH, OH, Head, Hands, Belt, Legs, Ear and mods/enh in chest and feet
Columi: Feet but w/ rakata mods/enh
Tionese: Chest but with rakata mods/enh
I have a columi implant, but it gives accuracy vs crit/surge and another implant with an augment.

I honestly am not sure if I can upgrade any more with the current tier other than swapping out mods/enhs. That being said my stats are as followed:

106.5% accuracy
408.1 bonus damage
25.59% crit
56.56% crit mult

If what I am reading is true I need more accuracy crit and surge, but I don't see how with the current gear level any can get 108% accuracy, 30% crit and 30% surge, especially unbuffed and as Annihilation. Am I missing something?

**edit**
Something I haven't seen, where does strength fall on our priority list. With rakata gear you have 61str plus secondary stats. With columi you have 57 strength. Is that 4 strength worth the hit on the secondary stat if its power over surge or crit?

Ekemeister
02.19.2012 , 11:57 PM | #503
sticky.
Sith Assassin Helm & Hood? :Not included with purchase of SWTOR.

EmoVincent
02.20.2012 , 05:57 PM | #504
great post, very helpful, just started playing this class and now i have a idea of where i want to take it.

Shonuff
02.20.2012 , 06:01 PM | #505
Kiba, what about this thread that talks about building your Marauder (Annihlation Spec).

It's interesting seeing his direction and guidance on the system but I find it near impossible cuz it involves grinding very hard to get PvE stuff to boost specific stats. it also did'nt get a sticky but it sounds interesting. Read it and tell me what you think cuz I found yours to be more realistic.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ers+struggling
Zallhela
Sith Marauder
// Night Crew \\

MassiveD
02.21.2012 , 03:16 AM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Kibaken View Post
This is a known bug and is gamebreaking for Carnage in Nightmare modes, imo. If you are too close to Karagga on Nightmare I've found you get hit by his frontal cone attack. Whether that's a bug or not is up in the air at this point, however you can't afford to be taking that damage.

On the same note on a fight like Bonethrasher being at max melee range is vital for positioning and survivability.

At this point it just really isn't worth going with Carnage. I of all people am probably most disappointed about it, but if you go Annihilation once it's almost impossible to go back.
True, it pisses me the hell off aswell since I really really like playing carnage.
The Solution is ofc only viable on certain bosses that don't eat you alive if you stand in em(which on nightmare isn't alot of em).
Really hope they fix this soon.

EasymodeX
02.21.2012 , 09:56 AM | #507
Quote:
If what I am reading is true I need more accuracy crit and surge, but I don't see how with the current gear level any can get 108% accuracy, 30% crit and 30% surge, especially unbuffed and as Annihilation. Am I missing something?
You don't have 108% accuracy. With how low your surge is, you must have +18% accuracy. You need +8% ACC for PvE. You are 10% ACC over what you need.

Your surge is ridiculously low. Mooch other gear (PvP Battlemaster gear or another class's Rakata gear) to get crit+surge enhancements.

bklynfinest
02.21.2012 , 11:09 AM | #508
Kiba,

Do you plan on doing a high-end gear guide? Would be awesome to see the best list of mods to get as well

Vinadin
02.21.2012 , 02:48 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by bklynfinest View Post
Kiba,

Do you plan on doing a high-end gear guide? Would be awesome to see the best list of mods to get as well
darn was gonna ask about that!
Tycus Insidiae- Malevolents
Vulkar Highway
I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Dazink
02.21.2012 , 03:56 PM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
You don't have 108% accuracy. With how low your surge is, you must have +18% accuracy. You need +8% ACC for PvE. You are 10% ACC over what you need.

Your surge is ridiculously low. Mooch other gear (PvP Battlemaster gear or another class's Rakata gear) to get crit+surge enhancements.
Maybe I am missing something. My accuracy showed 106.5% with those numbers. My special attacks showed an accuracy 10% higher. Is that the number I need to shoot for?

I swapped some mods from columi gear. Now at 30% crit and 74.56% multiplier. Accuracy is down to 100% but that is the normal attacks. Special attacks are 110%. Looks like I could stand to drop some more accuracy?

I will have to play around with miss some more. Thankfully biochem saves me mad credits