Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slowest MMO XP on the market.... pls increase xp for leveling

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Slowest MMO XP on the market.... pls increase xp for leveling

chuixupu
03.14.2014 , 11:42 AM | #41
I completely disagree. I've played several MMOs over nearly 10 years as well and SWTOR has by far been almost too fast. Even back at launch when there was less ways to boost XP, less ways to travel, and less content to do in general, I got to max level in about 3 weeks. With Double XP you can probably get a max level toon in a weekend.

Also, leveling in Wildstar is definitely much slower, I can say from experience.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Joesixxpack
03.14.2014 , 11:49 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by cohmwk View Post
Guys, I'm a veteran of several MMO's in the last 10 years and I have to tell you... leveling in Star Wars is brutal.

Seriously guys, I love the game and think its one of the best MMO's in the last 10 years and once the new Star Wars movies hit, you guys are going to get a nice boost to membership numbers but...

pls for the love of all that is good in MMO's.... increase the xp, its the primary reason I don't play as much as I would like to, it just seems like forever to level. I'm in a guild on my characters, paying subscriber and use the xp buffs when I can but man just seems really sloooooowwww.......

Don't want to unsub cause I really do love to log in and play from time to time but thinking of either renewing my sub with WOW or going to Wildstar once I see the reviews.
Hmmm...

Couver
03.14.2014 , 11:59 AM | #43
I guess that explains why I'm always 3-4 levels over content and have to skip planets completely (other than class stories)... it's because xp gain is slow. Thank you for clearing up the confusion.

darkov
03.14.2014 , 12:06 PM | #44
OP is trolling, this post timed with the start of a Double XP weekend can't be anything other than a troll!

TheSupaCoopa
03.14.2014 , 12:21 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Edzew View Post
p.s. wildstar is awesome much better than wow and much better than this game.
Duran'del here:

Quite honestly, I don't find F2P leveling very slow. The whole point of EXP boosts is to help you level.

And "wild star is awesome" is your opinion. I'm not even going to take you seriously if you're a native English speaker because you have atrocious grammar.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

TheOuroborus
03.14.2014 , 12:31 PM | #46
Just another "I want an end game toon and I don't want to level for it" gamer.

The leveling in SWTOR is just fine. In fact, I think it goes by too fast. The storylines are awesome and if you're whizzing through them, you're missing the best part of the game.

(It should be noted the original poster has not returned to this thread)
Q'uo-daax 65 Shadow | Uma-ka 58 Sentinel | Lyralia 55 Commando | Zo-en 55 Scoundrel
Syaia 56 Marauder | Xto'en 65 Sorcerer | A'saj 62 Assassin
Ixa-sha 55 Mercenary | B'dia 55 Operative

Founder, Legacy 50 On Begeren Colony

GalacticKegger
03.15.2014 , 12:36 PM | #47
Slowest MMO XP on the market? For my money that distinction (dubious or otherwise) would go to LOTRO.
Peace out . . .

KerryK
03.15.2014 , 02:40 PM | #48
man this is the easiest fastest leveling in any mmo ive seen short of gw2 .. this games feeds you xp
you end up 90 percent over leveled on a planet . i don know what the op is smoking but its good stuff please pass it along

DarthCelcius
03.15.2014 , 03:11 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugosi View Post
Is this for real? 10 years of mmo's and this is the slowest? >.>
Likely never played EvE Online, I've been playing that 11 years and Im still not Max level lol

rockcrown
03.15.2014 , 03:41 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurokage View Post
I'm an MMO "veteran." That's in quotation marks because despite the fact that I've played several MMOs over the past decade or so, I've never actually hit the level cap in any of them.

Except in SWTOR. My level 55 Sorc is my first (and currently only) MMO character to ever reach a level cap.

The XP is fine. Perhaps even too high. If you feel significantly under-leveled, you've probably skipped a rather sizable chunk of content during your rush to the cap. Just from doing all the side missions I could find and trying all of the heroics and flashpoints at least once (and usually just once), I hit 55 before I even went to Makeb. That's also with no PvP whatsoever.
I agree with you.. for subs especially. I tend to do all quests/heroics once before moving onto the next planet. with this and rested xp (not even using the free xp rewards from quests) I am usually 3-5 levels above the next planet beginning quests.

I think for non-subs its more on par with the xp reduction and inability to rest. even with those reductions i think the level structure and xp is fine.
| Agent Corvallis | Mercenary HAAS |
-= Severed of The Shadowlands =-