Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slowest MMO XP on the market.... pls increase xp for leveling

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Slowest MMO XP on the market.... pls increase xp for leveling

Edzew
03.11.2014 , 08:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by cohmwk View Post
Guys, I'm a veteran of several MMO's in the last 10 years and I have to tell you... leveling in Star Wars is brutal.

Seriously guys, I love the game and think its one of the best MMO's in the last 10 years and once the new Star Wars movies hit, you guys are going to get a nice boost to membership numbers but...

pls for the love of all that is good in MMO's.... increase the xp, its the primary reason I don't play as much as I would like to, it just seems like forever to level. I'm in a guild on my characters, paying subscriber and use the xp buffs when I can but man just seems really sloooooowwww.......

Don't want to unsub cause I really do love to log in and play from time to time but thinking of either renewing my sub with WOW or going to Wildstar once I see the reviews.
you know i would totally agree with you if you said you were a free to play person but just subbed so you could post this, kuz free to play leveling IS super slow.. But seeing as how you are a sub then i have no freakin clue as to what you are talking about. wow is slower than this game in leveling. With no guild bufs and only using the general xp bonus i can usually go up two levels in one hour and that's just doing regular class quests and planet fluff quests. granted i do have the first two levels of the exploration xp bonus unlocked on all my toons but thats not adding much.

p.s. wildstar is awesome much better than wow and much better than this game.

Khevar
03.11.2014 , 08:36 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiyoko- View Post
My post was as much a complaint as yours was.
So everybody else posts mainly to disagree, but you post mainly to complain?

To the OP:
What level are you? On my first toon, level 30-40 seemed slow. I believe this is due to the fact that around that time, how the class plays changes. For many specs, that is the first time signature abilities are unlocked (e.g. Precision Slash, Barrage, Emergency Medpack, etc), that really affect how the class plays. If you don't master those, it takes much longer to kill the mobs, extending the grind.

Remember that most of your xp comes for turning in quests, as opposed to killing mobs.

lironBD
03.11.2014 , 08:37 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyehlar View Post
Fatality.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

Erasimus
03.11.2014 , 08:57 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugosi View Post
Is this for real? 10 years of mmo's and this is the slowest? >.>
No, it has to be a troll post, don't feed the trolls please. They always come back for more

I've played many MMOs including WoW since release. SWTOR is the fastest leveling (and probably the best) experience of them all. Heck, it took me longer to go from 85 to 90 in WoW when MoP released that it did to get to 50 in SWTOR.
"Give light and the darkness will disappear of itself."

Coltraine
03.11.2014 , 09:10 PM | #26
Those were the days in Everquest anno 1999 when I sat on behind and meditated for 5-6 minutes in skeleton form with my Erudite necromancer, so that I could pull another Barbarian from the fisher village in west karana and fear kite it. This was just so fun so I did it for hours on end. Ultra fast leveling back then....

RaiderMid
03.11.2014 , 10:42 PM | #27
Meh, the leveling speed isn't bad, the bad part about leveling is that it is boring (at least to me it is). The same side quests over and over gets old fast.

Arkerus
03.11.2014 , 10:46 PM | #28
I am an MMO veteran myself.

This is by far, the fastests and easiest leveling game i have ever played.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Peverder
03.11.2014 , 11:09 PM | #29
go play everquest to lvl 100 and max alt abilities then tell us this is the slowest xp MMO grind out there

Kurokage
03.11.2014 , 11:31 PM | #30
I'm an MMO "veteran." That's in quotation marks because despite the fact that I've played several MMOs over the past decade or so, I've never actually hit the level cap in any of them.

Except in SWTOR. My level 55 Sorc is my first (and currently only) MMO character to ever reach a level cap.

The XP is fine. Perhaps even too high. If you feel significantly under-leveled, you've probably skipped a rather sizable chunk of content during your rush to the cap. Just from doing all the side missions I could find and trying all of the heroics and flashpoints at least once (and usually just once), I hit 55 before I even went to Makeb. That's also with no PvP whatsoever.
HARBINGER
Trisana - 55 Sorcerer | Alyanne - 29 Operative