Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rage Quitters PvP

kronichabit
03.11.2014 , 03:13 PM | #1
My 1st post =) I would like to say please do not talk smack and rage quit, if you really like to pvp then it shouldnt bother you at all to get owned..... sux when we have to come in a rage quit game. I promise you if your nice and take your beating, you will be a elite player. I'm posting this because I think there's alot of newcomers to this server and alot negative smack talking along with quitting. Please save your pve server comments,, I dont get mad when i see you in my game trying to hustle our relics lol.... btw it is a game have fun... well hacks ? IDK but ive seen some fishy pvp and this I do know this, some of these so called elite pvp players use whats called a LAG SWITCH EXPLOIT and in most hacking forums i've read to try to understand, to them they call it elite pvp. So obvious and i've lost so much respect for some players that I just relax play my game. heres a example of the most common spot its used at...In Huttball,what appears to be a lag spike that allows the ball carrier to disappear/stealth for around 3 seconds. They then reappear still holding the ball. The player drops targetting and is unable to be targetted during this time, and its at the fire pit b4 goal line..... Lame and its cheating
Chronichabit Kronichabit Unholychronic Çhronicpuff

raidmac
03.11.2014 , 07:23 PM | #2
Negatory, I do what I want.
3x Deposer of the Dread Masters 2x Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Learning to heal, the next frontier

Kerensk
03.14.2014 , 07:48 PM | #3
I agree with the OP, so many people get frustrated when some premade starts owning everybody so they badmouth their own team.

We're all frustrated. Maybe of we all had TeamSpeak we could at least hold our own but the odds are against us. Don't use it as an excuse to act like a petulant child. Just play it out, move as a group, and think of it as advanced training.

If they're really that good it will be over soon. And if not then maybe you can halt their advance. Even if you don't win turning a rout into a stalemate is a good reflection on how you turned a pug to a team.

It certainly shows more skill than crying and running home to mama.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

ZETA_SCORPII
03.15.2014 , 05:51 PM | #4
Lies! SWTOR doesn't have PvP, they have a freeze tag mini-game, but not real PvP.

JokerThe
03.16.2014 , 02:21 PM | #5
rage quit

JourrnoRush
03.16.2014 , 04:32 PM | #6
I try to quit every huttball match, unless I have some friends on the same team. If I am doing pvp outside of the daily/weekly i'll quit matches when people are just ************ at each other and not listening. I mean who cares if someone rage quits? If the enemy has all three nodes and a full 8 players can't do anything, I doubt losing one would have made a difference.

Ranked Quitting is another issue...
Living in the limelight!
Harbinger RUSH fan for life!

xGhoztx
03.18.2014 , 01:24 AM | #7
Got to give it to the group i was in no one quit and we were outnumbered 12 to 8, YES i said 12, how u must ask i have no fricken clue, hacks? glitch? have no idea but great job bioware just plain awesome..if it was hacks i just wanna say to all the pubs on the opposing team suk it and have a nice day

kronichabit
03.18.2014 , 06:33 PM | #8
never quit, makes me laugh when i make others quit.... Like ppl are so serious and such @ss%oles that im tired of 100k dps talking **** ...any ways ive seen similiar to what said in arena 4 of us against 6 imps lol we all stayed in
Chronichabit Kronichabit Unholychronic Çhronicpuff

Anyakaschala
03.19.2014 , 04:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JourrnoRush View Post
I try to quit every huttball match, unless I have some friends on the same team. If I am doing pvp outside of the daily/weekly i'll quit matches when people are just ************ at each other and not listening. I mean who cares if someone rage quits? If the enemy has all three nodes and a full 8 players can't do anything, I doubt losing one would have made a difference.

Ranked Quitting is another issue...
personally, I love huttball. It's unique in that it isn't necessarily about killing, but controlling. You kill tons of toons and they respawn basically at their own goalline, thus, it can make it difficult to score.

Granted, other wz', meaning 8v8, can be won this way, as long as you can control the nodes or the pylons, but mainly those are about killing players. It adds a nice mix to the pvp battles, IMO.

I would point out though, in regards to your other point, some people need to be *****ed at. If you get into a 55, even unranked, you should at least understand the wz. You should understand that 5 people rushing the pylon at the beginning of the match and all 5 rushing to click the pylon, and then don't understand how one lone assassin keeps them from capping for a minute.

I would also suggest, that anytime someone tries to give advice and then they rage about said advice, those rage quitters need to chill and learn. The easiest way to get better at pvp, at least in the way that SWTOR pvp is, is to learn how to play your warzones. Understanding calls, understanding strat is easily half the battle.

I would also add that people shouldn't get upset about pre-mades. Easiest way is to make yourself available for one by asking about them in pvp channel, and then proving your worth. Get into Teamspeak channels, get to know people, and learn from people that are better than you. Watch and learn how those pillar hopping operatives stay alive vs 3 people trying to attack them while they wait for reinforcements.

Pre-mades aren't the problem, they are the solution. For example, why go into a basketball game with 5 centers and no point guard if you don't have too. How about 11 offensive lineman with no qb, or 11 rb's with no line. Not too much different than queueing randomly because you can get stuck without a heal or a tank. Is that a BioWare issue, maybe yes, maybe no. But the thing that is sure is that you have the ability to control that, and if you have that ability, why aren't you doing that?

Haystak
03.19.2014 , 09:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Anyakaschala View Post
personally, I love huttball. It's unique in that it isn't necessarily about killing, but controlling. You kill tons of toons and they respawn basically at their own goalline, thus, it can make it difficult to score.
Hutball=Jedi Jungle gym

now we get two of em. Marauder might come out of moffballs for this new map.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else