Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For the Record: Reactive Warding vs Shield Amplification

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
For the Record: Reactive Warding vs Shield Amplification

TACeMossie
06.09.2014 , 02:48 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Methoxa View Post
What about the new pvp trinket : Berserker Relic of Reactive Warding

It is as good as the arkanian equivalency however it does absorb 1480 all 40seonds while the arkanian absorbs 740 all 20seconds. Does that make a difference regarding spikyness?

Furthermore i wonder whether FR was really better than SA for each tankclass.

Are there RW trinkets that stack with a second RW trinket?

Would be great to see the influence on dtps for each trinket regarding the overall dtps you get.
Example : 1500dtps --- Relic A : 55dtps Relic B 57dtps
2000dtps ---Relic A : 56dtps Relic B 56dtps
and so on

Maybe you have to implement the defbudget also. I think dmg ratios are not that important because the more elementary/internal dmg the better RW becomes
Best bet would be Ephimeral Mending + Reactive Warding for a Vanguard/Powertech Tank in a ludicrously AoE heavy fight (as in, pretty much all damage taken in important areas is AoE, such as Brontes Nightmare)

Other than that, can't really do it (maybe a Focused Retribution for a Guard/Jugg Tank because it makes blade barricades + Focused/Enraged Defense heals bigger... but thats very, very, very, very, very situational and not recommended. Though it might work for NiM Brontes too...)
Kwerty, Level 60 Vanguard on The Harbinger
Vanguard DPS Guide | Powertech DPS Guide

Duskrequim
06.09.2014 , 09:04 PM | #22
Why would a Vanguard use a ephemeral mending relic? as a tank I am not healing allies.. So I am unsure why we would use it

TACeMossie
06.09.2014 , 10:42 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Duskrequim View Post
Why would a Vanguard use a ephemeral mending relic? as a tank I am not healing allies.. So I am unsure why we would use it
The vanguard passive does a self heal when hit by an AoE attack with a rate limiter of 3 seconds. When this happens, it has a 50% chance to proc the Ephemeral mending relic on yourself, so you get an extra ~900 heals every ~23 seconds thanks to that relic. The Reactive warding is ~1480 extra 'health' every ~43 seconds, so it shows how good the ephemeral mending relic is on fights where it actually works (so brontes and... yeah, just brontes. Maybe the last phase of dread council too, if the healers are happy with you using 1 relic for most of the fight)

In fact, back in patch 2.4 BiS for shadow tanks was Ephemeral Mending + Reactive Warding (lol 6 seconds of invulnerability), because all the self heals they did to themself made it proc almost on cooldown.

Duskrequim
06.10.2014 , 09:57 PM | #24
So what is the best ones to have if not doing Brontus... then

TACeMossie
06.10.2014 , 10:16 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Duskrequim View Post
So what is the best ones to have if not doing Brontus... then
As said in the OP, Fortunate Redoubt (defense proc) and Reactive Warding (damage shield proc)

The other major reason the heal proc relic on a vanguard is best for brontes is the last phase has a total of 0 melee/ranged damage, so you can't defend against anything - and thats where all the healing is needed, and also where all the AoE damage is going out.

KeyboardNinja
06.11.2014 , 11:13 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
The other major reason the heal proc relic on a vanguard is best for brontes is the last phase has a total of 0 melee/ranged damage, so you can't defend against anything - and thats where all the healing is needed, and also where all the AoE damage is going out.
Well, Fire and Forget is M/R. It's just not hitting the tanks. :-)
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Streaming Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Leafy_Bug
06.12.2014 , 06:50 AM | #27
So according to this, the reactive warding is not better or there are other factors that may play for this said relic? Hmm my tank has an issue with Pulverize it seems and this is not an issue in terms of healing, we got two healers above 4.5k eHPS but I need to lower the damage taken. I may swap to my guardian and even my vanguard. Double shadows here is ...

THoK-Zeus
06.12.2014 , 08:04 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
So according to this, the reactive warding is not better or there are other factors that may play for this said relic? Hmm my tank has an issue with Pulverize it seems and this is not an issue in terms of healing, we got two healers above 4.5k eHPS but I need to lower the damage taken. I may swap to my guardian and even my vanguard. Double shadows here is ...
Almost all of the damage taken issues on Bestia are dps or coordination issues in reality.

Either your damage dealers don't kill the Monsters fast enough, or the tank is not able to make the Monsters attackable fast enough for the damage dealers.
The better dps and coordination is, the less healing the tanks will need and the more the healers can actually dps (which will make the fight really easy )

If you still have problems, go hybrid. Pulverize is an area ability so .
Obviously a powertech tank, that has 3+ Monsters on him is pretty good aswell as he will get 2,5% healed everytime a monster uses pulverize on him.
Zahik - DiLiH - The Red Eclipse

HBCentaurion
06.13.2014 , 03:17 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by THoK-Zeus View Post
If you still have problems, go hybrid. Pulverize is an area ability so .
Obviously a powertech tank, that has 3+ Monsters on him is pretty good aswell as he will get 2,5% healed everytime a monster uses pulverize on him.
In what spec is that? Hybrid? I might be missing something but I can't find any skill that heals 2.5% on AOE damage.

THoK-Zeus
06.13.2014 , 05:06 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by HBCentaurion View Post
In what spec is that? Hybrid? I might be missing something but I can't find any skill that heals 2.5% on AOE damage.
Every powertech has this class skill.
Zahik - DiLiH - The Red Eclipse