Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mass Exodus - This Fall - Dragon Age Inquisition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Mass Exodus - This Fall - Dragon Age Inquisition

Icebergy
03.13.2014 , 10:23 AM | #31
DA: O is amazing until you get to the Dwarf level with the disgusting mother thing...that ruined the game for me and I never played it again /shudders
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Callaron
03.13.2014 , 04:06 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
DA: O is amazing until you get to the Dwarf level with the disgusting mother thing...that ruined the game for me and I never played it again /shudders
No love for the Broodmother?
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)

Jeweledleah
03.14.2014 , 10:44 AM | #33
oh god, that section of deep roads was sooo creepy.

its funny to me that most people seem to dislike the fade, but I enjoy fade. its the orzammar and deep roads sections that I can barely stomach and not becasue of the creepy factor either... its just something about the writing in that section makes it feel to me like it just drags on.. and on... and on.... its the only section that I dislike about DAO. personally.

Callaron
03.14.2014 , 12:27 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
oh god, that section of deep roads was sooo creepy.

its funny to me that most people seem to dislike the fade, but I enjoy fade. its the orzammar and deep roads sections that I can barely stomach and not becasue of the creepy factor either... its just something about the writing in that section makes it feel to me like it just drags on.. and on... and on.... its the only section that I dislike about DAO. personally.
The Fade is more interesting from a story perspective too; you find out all these things about your companions that they likely wouldn't tell you about under normal circumstances.
I also enjoyed DA:O's Fade adventurers a lot more than I did DA2's.
Spoiler
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)

Manweth
03.20.2014 , 12:41 AM | #35
It won't be an exodus, it'll be a pilgrimage.

We will go away, play it straight for 15 days, and when we are satisfied, we will return to our beloved MMO.

That's how it goes with awesome Single Player Games.
I'm done Dear Class Balance Team.
You've broken me. I now know you hate all sages and guardians.
Have fun giggling with your metas.

ImmortalLowlife
03.25.2014 , 03:00 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Manweth View Post
It won't be an exodus, it'll be a pilgrimage.

We will go away, play it straight for 15 days, and when we are satisfied, we will return to our beloved MMO.

That's how it goes with awesome Single Player Games.
Maybe for YOU lol But I can guarantee I'll be m.i.a. on swtor most of the fall/winter. I had nearly 200hrs invested in my 1st DA:O Playthru and around 150hrs for each Playthru since.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

Manweth
03.26.2014 , 12:49 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
Maybe for YOU lol But I can guarantee I'll be m.i.a. on swtor most of the fall/winter. I had nearly 200hrs invested in my 1st DA:O Playthru and around 150hrs for each Playthru since.
Dude, I think I had somewhere close to that....

In 2 months or so. But it doesn't really stop you from popping into swtor at evenings for a raid, and then go back.
I'm done Dear Class Balance Team.
You've broken me. I now know you hate all sages and guardians.
Have fun giggling with your metas.

Farstrider
03.26.2014 , 12:58 AM | #38
Its more likely that people will spend some time in DA: Inq. But will return to SWTOR to play with friends or when they have finished the single player experience. Dragon Age is a very different IP, and not an MMORPG and as such I don't think it will have a lasting impact on the playerbase.

As it stands other MMORPGs are likely the only things that likely stand to reduce the player base on a permanent basis.

I may give DA: Inq a playthrough or two though - but will retain my full sub in SWTOR.

jankiel
03.26.2014 , 03:18 AM | #39
I just hope my rig will be able to run DA:I. The game looks great from the stuff we have been shown so far.
Lord Coris -The Progenitor

Hikaru_Kuma
03.26.2014 , 02:01 PM | #40
I will surely play DA:I for months consider that I enjoyed ME3 and its Multiplayer mode for over 10 months . After I get tired with SP I probably will get into a MP DA:I group and play with them, it's going to be fun.
However if guildies and friends still need me here in Swtor I'll log in maybe 2 times a week for raiding.