Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mass Exodus - This Fall - Dragon Age Inquisition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Mass Exodus - This Fall - Dragon Age Inquisition

ninjonxb
03.10.2014 , 10:00 AM | #1
Since apparently people love posting dire warnings about a mass exodus... how about a more likely one.

A mass exodus when another Bioware game launches (since I would bet on most people here being Bioware fans).

Dragon Age Inquisiton is coming out this fall and (even though its a single player game) I expect a mass exodus of this game when it launches.

Reno_Tarshil
03.10.2014 , 10:01 AM | #2
I agree, another Bioware game is the only way this game will die.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Celwinn
03.10.2014 , 10:04 AM | #3
I still need to play through DA:O.

Just haven't been able to get into the series like Mass effect
Don't let the past define you

horrorfaneightys
03.10.2014 , 10:12 AM | #4
This is actually my first Bioware game. But I definitely want to try the original Dragon Age and Mass Effect. They both look really fun.
Xaniata-kee Morga-dar Li'lu-fei Aiden-grey Jadze Sangui Lavent Rou'n Nua'mi Bloodsigh Argeia Rufous Charc Janeena Rubane Gwyrr Vio'xa Audrina Rey

Celwinn
03.10.2014 , 10:13 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by horrorfaneightys View Post
This is actually my first Bioware game. But I definitely want to try the original Dragon Age and Mass Effect. They both look really fun.
At least for the PC version of ME, be prepared for alot of bugs/glitches

ninjonxb
03.10.2014 , 10:13 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Celwinn View Post

I sorta feel the same way. I much prefer Mass Effect (partially because I prefer science fiction over fantasy) but I still love Dragon Age and all bioware games just for the way they work.

But similar to when ME3 came out, I will most likely not play this game for a week or 2 when Inquisiton comes out.

ZETA_SCORPII
03.10.2014 , 10:16 AM | #7
I'm getting a few games this year (Titanfall @ midnight!) but my main game will be SWTOR. I'm not gonna leave like I did shortly after launch and have to play catch up ever again, especially when the next tier of gear is just around the corner....

Celwinn
03.10.2014 , 10:16 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
I sorta feel the same way. I much prefer Mass Effect (partially because I prefer science fiction over fantasy) but I still love Dragon Age and all bioware games just for the way they work.

But similar to when ME3 came out, I will most likely not play this game for a week or 2 when Inquisiton comes out.
I got into ME series about 2 months before ME3 came out.

If I could bring myself to level in DA, this would be my first time playing on a launch day (which, if TOR is any indiction), it should be smooth.

Alavastre
03.10.2014 , 11:29 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Celwinn View Post

DA:O takes a bit of time to get into it. But once, at least for me, I started making choices I fell in love with the game.

Unlike ME, which took me reading about the story to actually get into it. Think of it like new TV show, you should give it at least 4 episodes before making a judgment call.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

AlrikFassbauer
03.10.2014 , 01:08 PM | #10
In some hardcore RPG forums, Bioware has lost almost all of their credibility with Dragon Age 2.

There, the mass exodus will rather be towards D:OS, The Witcher 3 or even Eschalon Book III or some other promising Indie developer.
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.