Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How in he*ll do people get 2k ratings in Solo que?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How in he*ll do people get 2k ratings in Solo que?

Odyseus
03.08.2014 , 04:35 PM | #1
To me it's seems utterly impossible. Now that the rewards were announced the ques are filled with absolute noobs who have no idea what they're doing. To me it seems like whoever has the most Melee and tankiest healer will win. Skill is the absolute last factor that matters. In so many matches I lead in DPS, use my CC's timely, protect my healer, still can't get consistent winning streaks. Are these people que syncing or what. So what's the secret in getting a good rating in Solo que.
Odysseus, SWG server Flurry, Commando, TK/Rifleman, Fencer/Combat Medic.

Ashwinn
03.08.2014 , 05:09 PM | #2
4 DPS vs 4 dps is what's wrong with arena doesn't prove skill at all most matches when I que as DPS vg/shadow is 4v4 DPS can go either way most of times I get stuck with a mando or slinger vs all melee and its gg matchmaking is horrid and not balanced at all.
Intrepid Farming Farmers
Armed and Dangerous

Lunchtime/Elamite/Flashing, All-Galaxy Vanguard/Commando/Mercenary

foxmob
03.08.2014 , 05:17 PM | #3
my PT hasn't lost in 2 weeks. approximately 20-30 matches. gained about 250. usually it's 10 per win. when an opponent drops it's like 5-8. a couple of wins were lucky. at least one of the nights there was nobody on. but other nights there were very hotly contested matches. anyway....long win streaks are possible. the only trick is not to allow losing streaks. and the way you avoid them is not banging your head on the wall when your faction is poor heals or tanks or just generally poorly geared players in the queue. this is the equivalent of q-dodging in the old days, but unlike 8v8s, soloQers don't determine their team makeup, so you have to be judicious about it. anyway, that's if you really care about your rating. the real fun of solo q is that you don't (normally) get half a team of tanks or heals while the other team is all dps. etc. and if there are dominant ppl in the Q, they won't be guaranteed to be on the same team every match. so you at least feel as if you have a chance and something to fight for.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Puissant
03.08.2014 , 07:25 PM | #4
People queue syncing.

MuratReis
03.09.2014 , 03:09 AM | #5
As a sniper, I get FF-ed 95% of the time. It's is damn hard to stay up. There are only 41 snipers/gunsligers with 1500+ solo ratings in the game according to the LB. I don't know how they got there.
''Ralph McQuarrie is the gentle giant of the Star Wars Universe.'' George Lucas

Drehy
03.09.2014 , 03:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Puissant View Post
People queue syncing.
Basically this, lots of premades who would rather not face the "top tiered" teams camping Team Q and farming anyone who dares step into that

Arenas are so broken and are a plain joke

MidichIorian
03.09.2014 , 03:36 AM | #7
1. Play a lot
2. Play on the dominant faction
3. Be somewhat decent and make sure that between the given wins against the weaker faction and the same faction games you manage to win the vast majority of your games
4. Stop playing for the day when there's a player in rotation who will be a given loss for the team he/she ends up with and there's a risk that you'll get this player.
5. Profit?????

Or it could be the cheating thingy others said.......

TonyDragonflame
03.09.2014 , 04:28 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
1. Play a lot
2. Play on the domination faction
3. Be somewhat decent and make sure that between the given wins against the weaker faction and the same faction games you manage to win the vast majority of your games
Translation: play imp, fotm op class.
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

CaptainApop
03.09.2014 , 04:51 AM | #9
Play a lot. Be good.
Know who the other good people queuing are.
Add them to friends list.
Play when they're around. (Note: I am not saying sync queue)
When you get matched with them actually co-operate.
Profit.

Among the crowds I've played with getting past 2k the outliers have been a hybrid sniper, madness sorc and a couple of jugger tanks. So it's hardly been me getting matched with PT's every game.

Or of course we can just assume that everyone doing better than us is exploiting. Seems to be working for some of you. >.>
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

KalElc
03.09.2014 , 06:40 AM | #10
Remember. #Yolo
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - FOXHOUND
Skyrush (Marauder) / Sky'lash (Mercenary)
Sky'ventress (Sentinel)