Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Friend Referral didn't register properly?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Friend Referral didn't register properly?

AbsolutGrndZero
03.08.2014 , 01:43 AM | #1
I have a friend who clicked my referral link and made a new account and such. So, he's now in game however... he hasn't gotten the Jumpstart Bundle and he's not listed as referred on my referral page. He did initially opt-out on emails, however he has rectified that. Did he screw up in not wanting emails
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

OwenBrooks
03.08.2014 , 01:46 AM | #2
Best is to submit an in-game ticket with as much detail as possible, there was/has been a lot of issues with the referrals in the past

Mention he opted out of emails but corrected it

AbsolutGrndZero
03.08.2014 , 01:55 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Best is to submit an in-game ticket with as much detail as possible, there was/has been a lot of issues with the referrals in the past

Mention he opted out of emails but corrected it
Alright, thanks.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger

Aynslie
03.08.2014 , 02:00 AM | #4
Happened to me when I started. I clicked on the link and followed the instruction to create a new account, but the refer didn't take and neither of us got the reward.

Had to do the following for the refer to register:
1. In http://www.swtor.com, log on with my account
2. In the browser URL box, enter the refer link that I received
3. When asked (again) if I want to have the friend as my referer, confirm it with Yes.

After that, it link was established and we both got our rewards.

My Jumpstart Bundle doesn't seem to have the right content, though (see this thread I started). Would be interested to see if your Jumpstart Bundle has the right content.

AbsolutGrndZero
03.08.2014 , 03:20 AM | #5
Okay, he said it's telling him he's not eligible... so guess I'll have to email them about it.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger

AbsolutGrndZero
03.08.2014 , 04:36 AM | #6
Okay, they said there is nothing they can do so they had him make a new email and a new account, and supposedly will also send him some extra XP boosts. We'll see how it goes.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger

AbsolutGrndZero
03.16.2014 , 11:51 PM | #7
Okay, while he got the xp boosts sent to him, he is STILL not linked so as a test I made a throwaway email address and account to just test the linking, and sure enough, despite knowing I did everything by the FAQ I was supposed to, the account is not linked.

My friend also subscribed, and he still is not linked.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger

drduncan
03.17.2014 , 12:08 AM | #8
I'm trying to refer a friend my wife and I'm getting the same issue.

"This account is currently not eligible for the Friends of SWTOR Referral Program"

We've gone so far as to just make new email accounts and game accounts for her but nothing we do will work. Is there some help for this?
“The same thing wins that always won. We just have a bunch of different excuses when we lose.” —Coach Paul “Bear” Bryant

AbsolutGrndZero
03.17.2014 , 11:03 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by drduncan View Post
I'm trying to refer a friend my wife and I'm getting the same issue.

"This account is currently not eligible for the Friends of SWTOR Referral Program"

We've gone so far as to just make new email accounts and game accounts for her but nothing we do will work. Is there some help for this?
Unfortunately no. They have told me that the system is completely automated, they have no way to link accounts manually. They told me they would be sure to let the people in charge of the program know it's not working properly so they can fix it, but unless they decide to change it from being totally automated, there is nothing they can do.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger

BarbieGurl
04.16.2014 , 02:55 PM | #10
Ugghhh, it's still messing up from time to time http://i.imgur.com/7Zahakn.png they really need to fix this.