Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The cartel market is sucking the fun out of this game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The cartel market is sucking the fun out of this game

Infernixx
03.07.2014 , 06:31 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SimplyCooL View Post
Well, keep laughing Chuckles, but most would prefer obtaining items organically. You know by playing, rather than, wasting time in front of the GTN.

And while i have given you, that all manner of side activities, are "playing the game" Playing the Auction House, is something else entirely. Probably the only activity, that has ever really bored me in MMOs, all kinds of grinding included.
Oh, I play the game. Doing Ops, FPs, working on achievements. These things I do for fun, and yes, playing the GTN, too.

The fact is, there's nothing wrong with letting cool looking gear come from places other than OPs or PVP.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

DarthTHC
03.07.2014 , 06:33 PM | #22
Without the Cartel Market there would be no game for you to have fun in.

The game has plenty of fun things to do that have nothing to do with the cartel market. Missions. Stories. War zones. Flash points. Space missions. GSF. Socializing. Crafting. I probably missed some.

The Cartel Market can enhance players' enjoyment of these activities by giving the players options to look a very specific way while doing those other things.

If you, personally, find that the notion of the Cartel Market detracts from the fun you have while playing this game, the problem is in your mind, not in anything the Cartel Market is, does, or stands for.

Quote: Originally Posted by Soul_of_Flames View Post
There is no reason to play when you can just pay.
That might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on a gaming forum. The reason to play is, that's where the fun is.

horrorfaneightys
03.07.2014 , 06:37 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Soul_of_Flames View Post
I do the exact same thing. In fact, I think I've paid a grand total of $20 in the cartel market since it launched. But you're completely missing the point.

I understand the CM is the lifeline of this game. The revenue it makes pushes this game forward. Fine. I get it. But what about the regular game? At least a handful of the stuff that's on the CM should be available through normal in game means to give players incentive to play the game and earn what they want.

Paying money for it isn't the point. It's the ease of access that's the problem.

There is no reason to play when you can just pay.
Except your idea would restrict my access to it. I don't do space combat, and can't dedicate the time to group content and PVP to get it that way. If I have the opportunity to get the odd, cool looking speeder from the market, who is it harming?
Xaniata-kee Morga-dar Li'lu-fei Aiden-grey Jadze Sangui Lavent Rou'n Nua'mi Bloodsigh Argeia Rufous Charc Janeena Rubane Gwyrr Vio'xa Audrina Rey

SimplyCooL
03.07.2014 , 06:38 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Oh, I play the game. Doing Ops, FPs, working on achievements. These things I do for fun, and yes, playing the GTN, too.

The fact is, there's nothing wrong with letting cool looking gear come from places other than OPs or PVP.
Careful where you trough words, like "fact", around . Opinion was the word, you were looking for. And as far as facts go, most want to get cool items as rewards, for participation with specific activities. Its what the recent PvP rancor fiasco was about. Generally when something awesome comes back reskinned on the GTN, that people have grinded for, they rage. Understandable.
This is a Bioware game. Bioware does story very well. If you do not want story, this is not the game for you. - KawaiiAngel
- Oh cool.I HAVE been cloned! Rereral link http://www.swtor.com/r/Bngqgm Its a win/win for both, if you care about free stuff.

Lugosi
03.07.2014 , 06:40 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
When did cool looking gear ever come from OPs or PVP? Weren't you just saying their was only one thing that classes wore before the CM came along?

The fact is, there's nothing wrong with letting cool looking gear come from places other than the CM.
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum

Reno_Tarshil
03.07.2014 , 06:41 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugosi View Post
When did cool looking gear ever come from OPs or PVP? Weren't you just saying their was only one thing that classes wore before the CM came along?

The fact is, there's nothing wrong with letting cool looking gear come from places other than the CM.
The Agent gear from Tionese to Rakata was awesome looking and I wish was adaptive.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Lugosi
03.07.2014 , 06:42 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
The Agent gear from Tionese to Rakata was awesome looking and I wish was adaptive.
Yeah, I'll agree with that. I still use the Rakata on Ensign Temple. But that belt, ugh.
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum

SimplyCooL
03.07.2014 , 06:43 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by horrorfaneightys View Post
Except your idea would restrict my access to it. I don't do space combat, and can't dedicate the time to group content and PVP to get it that way. If I have the opportunity to get the odd, cool looking speeder from the market, who is it harming?
Well generally, the people, who actually had to work to get it. And i use the word loosely. It devalues their efforst and their time spent . Makes it pointless. Makes them angry. Makes them, quit. Regular MMOs, at end game, are carrots on sticks. No carrot- no sub.
This is a Bioware game. Bioware does story very well. If you do not want story, this is not the game for you. - KawaiiAngel
- Oh cool.I HAVE been cloned! Rereral link http://www.swtor.com/r/Bngqgm Its a win/win for both, if you care about free stuff.

Soul_of_Flames
03.07.2014 , 06:43 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by horrorfaneightys View Post
Please don't get me wrong. I agree with you. You do have the right to that.

But the thing is.. I like to earn my rewards. It's boring to just buy them from the CM or GTN. I wanna go out and do stuff. The Seeker droid/Macrobinoculars where AWESOME in my opinion. The game needs more stuff like this. But it's drowned out in a sea of CM stuff.

Infernixx
03.07.2014 , 06:44 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SimplyCooL View Post
Careful where you trough words, like "fact", around . Opinion was the word, you were looking for. And as far as facts go, most want to get cool items as rewards, for participation with specific activities. Its what the recent PvP rancor fiasco was about. Generally when something awesome comes back reskinned on the GTN, that people have grinded for, they rage. Understandable.
Yes yes, you caution me against using 'fact' in my post and here you are doing the same thing. You speak for yourself and no one else. Same as me.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.