Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Profitable Sage Gathering Skills?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Profitable Sage Gathering Skills?

Jedi_Knight_Jess
03.07.2014 , 01:55 AM | #1
I'm not gonna craft with my sage, tempting as it is, but I was simply curious about the 3 best gathering skills

I'm debating

*archeology
* treasure hunting
* bioanalysis?

Or salvage/archeology/bio?

Danylia
03.07.2014 , 06:41 AM | #2
Best gathering skills as far as efficiency/profitability goes:

1. Scavenging (four professions need the materials from it, plus you can scavenge destroyed droids)
2. Slicing (direct credit gain, and the missions provide materials for Augments)
3-4. Archaeology (two professions need the materials from it)
3-4. Bioanalysis (only needed for Biochem, and Biochems usually are Bioanalysts too; on the other side, you can get mats from slain beasts, and Biochem is very popular crafting skill).

Best mission skills as far as efficiency/profitability goes:

1. Underworld Trading (four professions need the materials from it).
2-3. Treasure Hunting (direct credit/loot gain, provides materials for Artifice)
2-3. Diplomacy (provides materials for Biochem, which is very popular)
4. Investigation (provides materials for Armstech)
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.

Jedi_Knight_Jess
03.08.2014 , 02:22 PM | #3
Thanks, I choose slicing/archeology/bioanalysis as my gathering skills- yay for Qyzen having 15+ in archeology and I think 5+ in bioanalysis he's made me a bit of cash so far

I know slicing can ear you credits, but how do I make money? I take the stuff from archeology/bio and sell it on the GTN?

For instance, I have a blue Ship 2 schematic. I could save it for my ship, or sell it?

Danylia
03.09.2014 , 04:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight_Jess View Post
I know slicing can ear you credits, but how do I make money? I take the stuff from archeology/bio and sell it on the GTN?
Pretty much. You gather the materials from nodes/dead enemies on planets (which means zero expenses) and then sell them on GTN -> net profit

Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight_Jess View Post
For instance, I have a blue Ship 2 schematic. I could save it for my ship, or sell it?
Since you have no crafting skill (Archaeology, Bioanalysis and Slicing are all gathering skills) any schematics are useless to you - unless you have an alt with a crafting skill, selling is the best you can do with a schematic.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.