Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Love your Kinetic Ward!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Love your Kinetic Ward!

Leafy_Bug
03.06.2014 , 08:24 AM | #1
With everyone testing on the PTS to prepare for NiM, I am sure many of us found out how spoiled we are when our connection to our home servers is under 100 ms. A good example of this can be found in our Corruptor Zero kill video. At around 6 minutes and 20 seconds, you will hear me say 'whoa, he butchered me badly'. To better understand what that means, please find below .

Quote:

01:40:53.424 Corruptor Zero's Sweeping Slash hits Irisa for 11518 kinetic damage, causing 11518 threat.
01:40:53.817 Irisa's Phase Walk adds effect Shadow's Shelter to Lara'sun.
01:40:53.918 Corruptor Zero's Sweeping Slash hits Irisa for 13821 kinetic damage, causing 13821 threat.

My lag on the PTS is usually 80-100 ms but at times i jumps to 200-300 and then dips back down. In the video you will see that I fail to activate my KW on time. The first hit was taken fully with 8 stacks of bullwark and the second as well even though I managed to lift the ward by spamming the button.

The bright side of this incident? The healers know what to expect, roughly, if a the kinetic ward is not lifted or optimal when Zero does his Sweeping Slash at 20%+. Furthermore, those of you who like to see how math translates in gameplay, this video is a good wake up call on how you should love your Kinetic Ward and learn the best way of using it.

Hockaday
03.09.2014 , 10:09 PM | #2
I've found the PVE servers have worse latency than RP servers...oddly. I'm guessing population or something is an issue.

I moved from TEH (Terrible server) to JC, and latency has been quite iffy. Thought about Harbinger but latency was 160ms steady.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}