Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[guide] what's the best crew skill for <insert class here>?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[guide] what's the best crew skill for <insert class here>?

loardeus
12.19.2014 , 10:27 AM | #11
So what is the accurate list of crew skill bonus to companion/?

psandak
12.21.2014 , 03:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by loardeus View Post
So what is the accurate list of crew skill bonus to companion/?
Imp: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...uses_thumb.jpg
Pub: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...uses_thumb.jpg
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

AztecSoul
12.25.2014 , 01:26 PM | #13
This is one of the things I wondered about before actually starting up a character. Good to have all the crew skills known before taking up crafting choices, for sure.

I don't have a whole lot of time to spend on SWTOR on so many classes, so based on guides such as these, I found I could cover most needs for the few non-force classes, as I prefer:

Scoundrel: Armstech (galactic armsdealer, why not?)
Vanguard: Armormech
Sniper: Cybertech (Slicing, as well)

Being self-sufficient to provide all characters with up-to-level arms and armor makes leveling so much easier, albeit longer. I don't mind. Also, flashpoints go by with relative ease by being fully geared on-level to do my job that much better for the group.

JonnyRay
01.05.2015 , 11:19 AM | #14
Was thinking this past weekend that especially with the Legacy Storage feature, the "self-sufficient" crafter isn't as important as they perhaps once were. By that I mean that it may make sense to optimize resource gathering (especially for the mission style skills where we're hoping for purple materials) instead of worrying about what materials my final product crafter needs. Looking at the class bonuses, it appears that the following may show the optimal chances for a crit on a mission skill...

Diplomacy - Imperial Agent (5), Jedi Consular (2), Trooper (2)
Investigation - Sith Warrior (2), Smuggler (2)
Slicing - Imperial Agent (2), Sith Inquisitor (2), Jedi Knight (2), Smuggler (1)
Treasure Hunting - Sith Warrior (5), Bounty Hunter (2), Jedi Knight (1)
Underworld Trading - Imperial Agent (2), Jedi Consular (1), Trooper (1)

JonnyRay
02.05.2015 , 11:08 AM | #15
Maybe if this thread stays on the first page, Psandak won't have to keep replying with...
Quote: Originally Posted by Psandak
See the link in my signature..."

psandak
02.05.2015 , 12:16 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JonnyRay View Post
Maybe if this thread stays on the first page, Psandak won't have to keep replying with...

Thank you for the bump. When I first created the guides I tried to keep them on the first page, but it became tiresome. I then saved the links a document to be more easily copy and pasted into questions. Then I finally decided to just link them in my signature.

I just wish they would update the Crew Skill Guides sticky.
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

_Game
02.20.2015 , 04:34 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Soupmaster View Post
I wanted to add that SI also has +2 to Underworld trading Critical but its tied to Andron that has +2 critical slicing. So SI has a companion that has two criticals attached to it.
Other than missing this bit it's an excellent thread, thank you for making it.

Shawleen
02.21.2015 , 02:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JonnyRay View Post

Bumpetibump

psandak
02.22.2015 , 09:46 AM | #19
Updated the OP to reflect changes in 3.x...specifically:

Armstech augments are now more sought due to +power augments pulling ever so slightly ahead of main stat with regard to optimization and the need for +accuracy augments to get DPS to the magic 100/110 mark.

Artifice is no longer the "distant second" in desirable items/money making. In my experience thus far I craft and sell more artifice stuff but not by much. Add to that, CT is more profitable due to doonium prices being lower than midlithe crystals AND blue quality CT stuff (armorings, mods, and even ear pieces) is more sought than blue artifice stuff (hilts, enhancements, relics). Basically profit margins from CT are better, so it gets the edge in my book.

eartharioch
02.22.2015 , 04:05 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Artifice is no longer the "distant second" in desirable items/money making. In my experience thus far I craft and sell more artifice stuff but not by much. Add to that, CT is more profitable due to doonium prices being lower than midlithe crystals AND blue quality CT stuff (armorings, mods, and even ear pieces) is more sought than blue artifice stuff (hilts, enhancements, relics). Basically profit margins from CT are better, so it gets the edge in my book.
As the author of the [artifice is a] "distant second" quote, I can sum up 3.0 crafting as "Cybertech has left the building, Artifice is in the house". My Cybertech has welcomed her new Artificer Overlord.

Seriously, Artifice (on my server, at least) is much farther ahead of CT than CT was of Artifice in 2.x I make millions a day on my Artificer, and I only bother to make stuff on my other crafters once a week or so (and I can make pretty much every BiS 186 purple).

I run a couple of THs, and I buy Midlithe at up to 25K each, and I've already burned through the five or six stacks I got during Machine Madness week (note -- I haven't used the two stacks of JJ I won, I just bought a bunch at 5.5K from the people who were very ill-advisedly dumping them), and I make anywhere from 25K-100K *profit* per Midlithe.

Here are a few of the main reasons Artifice is King (God Emperor, actually):
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
o Dyes -- Unlike statted gear, "lower tier" dyes don't go out of style, so the old ones sell just as well (or better) than before, and there are lots of new colors.

o Enhancements -- You can't get BiS 186 from the Comm vendor (and not a lot of people looking to start DF/DP NiM just for the gear), and with the Accuracy changes in 3.0, DPS needs 7 [Pow/Crit]/Acc Enhancements (+ an Aug) to hit 110%, and few comm pieces have it, so you'd have to buy a lot of extra Comm gear

o Relics -- there are no relics at the 186 comm vendor, so you need crafted (or NiM DF/DP) for BiS; also, unlike 2.x, the 186 PVE relics aren't crap, so the PVP relics aren't as good of a substitute

o Hilts -- no MH vendor

0 +41 level 10 crystals -- expensive as f!, but people have whined about wanting to make these...and, while niche, they are unique colors; at least we didn't get a four-pack of mount reskins

Now let's look at Cybertech:
--------------------------------------
o Earpieces -- BiS, but the important [tertiary] stat is the same for the low end crafted version and mid endurance comm version, and each character needs only one

o Armorings -- All are BiS, but so are the ones at the Comm Vendor

o Mods -- A/B only, but that's what's at the Comm vendor as well; these sell slightly better than Armorings, because secondary stats are not optimal on comm gear

o New mounts -- talk about holding a flaming bag of excrement

o Augment Kit Components -- oh, wait, the augment kit crafters can make them just as cheaply now

o Droid Parts -- 186 BoE crafted droid parts (with no visual) requiring level 58 and using 4 Doomium each that competes against 192 BoL set you can get for running a weekly and can be used at level 55

And FYI, on my server at least, Doonium isn't that much cheaper than Midlithe, and on a per-purple basis, CT items sell for less than Artifice items, so while my profit-per-Doonium may have a slightly higher lower bound, it has a much lower upper bound. Coupled with the much higher volume of Artifice sales (potential and actual), I'd have to spend a lot more time on my CT to make in a week what I make in a day on Artifice.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link