Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Am I the only one having troubles with the Mysterious Wheel of Three Options?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Am I the only one having troubles with the Mysterious Wheel of Three Options?

DomiSotto
03.03.2014 , 08:32 AM | #1
I am having a hard time interpreting what the character will say from the wheel! One of the recent mishaps (and they are common):

The Wheel: I am not falling asleep when viewing this holorecord
Smuggler picks that hoping for the “I really, really, really FEEL for the character on the holo!” (‘cause she has breasts and we have Riggs InParty)
Smuggler actually says something like: I see VIOLENCE COMING!!!! WEEEE!!!!
Riggs: Oi! She had BREASTS, Captain, BREASTS! (AP -1)
Me, the Frustrated Player: I know, she had breasts, Riggs, I am trying, damn it!!!!

I am also having troubles distinguishing between the BioWARE writer having a fit of giggles while writing the short form, and the Character translating it into a humorous option (actually they come out as dead serious and creepy).

Makes me miss good old days when you saw what you were about to commit to!

Excise
03.03.2014 , 09:05 AM | #2
Yes, it is a flaw with the short form options. There's a hilarious youtube clip (I don't have the link on hand) that mocks how your choices are tough to predict.

On the plus side, you can hit Escape at any time during a conversation and then just redo it. So if your character is saying or doing something you didn't expect, just cancel out and pick something else.

DomiSotto
03.03.2014 , 09:07 AM | #3
Awesome, thank you for the tip! That should help!

horrorfaneightys
03.03.2014 , 09:15 AM | #4
I have to press escape all the time. Especially playing my sorcerer. She always ends up being much more patriotic than I want her to be.
"There is no heavier burden than a great potential" ~ Linus, Peanuts
Morga-dar Level 54 Assassin Li'lu-fei Level 54 Sentinel
Xaniata-kee Level 53 Sniper Aiden-grey Level 55 Vanguard

DomiSotto
03.03.2014 , 09:19 AM | #5
So, just to make sure, if you press 'Escape' do you get the whole conversation back from the top, without losing the quest?

MillionsKNives
03.03.2014 , 09:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
So, just to make sure, if you press 'Escape' do you get the whole conversation back from the top, without losing the quest?
It spits you out of the conversation and leaves everything the same as when you were about to click it.

DomiSotto
03.03.2014 , 09:56 AM | #7
Yay! It's just my husband somehow managed to screw one of his characters from the Advanced Class options by not finishing conversation with the Guy on the fleet that sends you to see the Advanced trainer. Good 12 levels lost.... oh, well. That character is history.

horrorfaneightys
03.03.2014 , 10:04 AM | #8
Yay! It's just my husband somehow managed to screw one of his characters from the Advanced Class options by not finishing conversation with the Guy on the fleet that sends you to see the Advanced trainer. Good 12 levels lost.... oh, well. That character is history.
I think that there's usually an extra advanced class trainer on Dromund Kaas/ Coruscant for players that miss it on fleet. I know that there was an extra bounty hunter trainer in the Mandalorian enclave. I've never used them but assumed that's what they're there for.
"There is no heavier burden than a great potential" ~ Linus, Peanuts
Morga-dar Level 54 Assassin Li'lu-fei Level 54 Sentinel
Xaniata-kee Level 53 Sniper Aiden-grey Level 55 Vanguard

MillionsKNives
03.03.2014 , 10:08 AM | #9
Can you explain what that means? He can't talk to the guy again, or to the specific NPCs that let you choose the advanced class? I've never heard of any issue that makes you unable to pick an AC.

Callaron
03.03.2014 , 10:21 AM | #10
The Wheel: I am not falling asleep when viewing this holorecord
Smuggler picks that hoping for the “I really, really, really FEEL for the character on the holo!” (‘cause she has breasts and we have Riggs InParty)
Smuggler actually says something like: I see VIOLENCE COMING!!!! WEEEE!!!!
Riggs: Oi! She had BREASTS, Captain, BREASTS! (AP -1)
Me, the Frustrated Player: I know, she had breasts, Riggs, I am trying, damn it!!!!
LOL! Sounds like you know Corso quite well!
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!