Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need to vent!

Ommar_Gef
03.03.2014 , 06:32 AM | #31
This is generally why I avoid low lvl pugs and solo FP with Treek. It is a bit harder than having a whole group, but I don't have to deal with people like that and I get 4x the amount of XP from all the kills. I don't know how bad it is anymore from experience but I've dealt enough of those kind of players long enough during launch and refuse to do normal FP with people most of the time. Got to love Treek.

Rafaman
03.03.2014 , 06:56 AM | #32
Ran into a similar issue not too long ago OP. In my case, it turns out the people I grouped with were friends who had never played TOR or an MMO for that matter. They had no idea how loot worked so they needed on everything. After a little explanation everything was sorted out.

TOR is a haven for new MMO players IMO. Have to remind myself of that every once in a while. However, like any MMO, there are also dbags running around.

Halinalle
03.03.2014 , 06:57 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Muljo_Stpho View Post
It doesn't make it right, of course, but it makes se- Wait, T7 uses aim, yes? And if it was a blaster that a Scoundrel could've used it must have had cunning on it. Yeah, there's no rationalizing this. (At least on Imperial side, if this story happened with an Operative healer and three bad Marauders, it would be a blaster that Vette could use.)
You can change mods. Orange pieces are nice even for companions. But yeah, Greed is what you select when you want it for companion.

Vette uses Cunning, just FYI.

Darkwords
03.03.2014 , 07:45 AM | #34
This behavior also transfers to all the sm ops so get ready. I have already stopped doing any flash points months ago and now I try and only do DF/DP Ops. People needing on tier gear they already have, needing on the junk gear...it's ridiculous. It has taken all the fun and desire to do the weekly SM Ops. Soon the loot hogs will have no one to get loot from as people gravitate to other games on the horizon and leave them here to rot in their pilfered gear. BTW, Wildstar beta is the bomb!

PlasmaJohn
03.03.2014 , 09:51 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Spearo View Post
A blaster pistol drops, and guess what 3 sentinels, i repeat 3 sentinels, all NEED, on my orange, nicely leveled blaster pistol.
While disappointing, I don't ever depend on winning loot rolls in levelling FPs. Between planetary comms and crafting armorings, barrels and hilts, I simply don't need them.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

DawnAskham
03.03.2014 , 09:56 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Spearo View Post
Thanks guys, for the advice and the warnings. I'll take it all to heart.
I hate this behavior too, but it is what it is.

If you want the bonus comms more than the drops, use group finder.

If you want the drops more than the bonus comms, solo the fp or bring a friend.

horrorfaneightys
03.03.2014 , 09:58 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Ran into a similar issue not too long ago OP. In my case, it turns out the people I grouped with were friends who had never played TOR or an MMO for that matter. They had no idea how loot worked so they needed on everything. After a little explanation everything was sorted out.

TOR is a haven for new MMO players IMO. Have to remind myself of that every once in a while. However, like any MMO, there are also dbags running around.
The first time I grouped up with other players I didn't understand how to do anything. When need or greed came up, I assumed that greed was the bad option, so needed on the item.
"There is no heavier burden than a great potential" ~ Linus, Peanuts
Morga-dar Level 54 Assassin Li'lu-fei Level 54 Sentinel
Xaniata-kee Level 53 Sniper

Callaron
03.03.2014 , 10:03 AM | #38
Welcome to the low level nightmare, Spearo!

Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post
Some bads just won't learn. Why do bads always seem to gravitate to Sentinel...?
Because they are so cool!
One time we got a PuG sentinel on one of our guild runs, and the idiot kept running around with no stance on - so I politely send him a tell to remind him that he forgot to turn on his stance... and do you think there was any response to it? Nope, none whatsoever.
Next step: I call him out on it over the Ops chat, which alerts everyone to the fact - think he responds then? Nope, still nothing.
So next step... a swift kick to the posterior and bye bye.
The saddest thing about all of that was that it was a 55.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Capt_Beers
03.03.2014 , 12:27 PM | #39
My brother was that guy in the FP once (coincidentally or not he was also on a Sentinel). He needed on everything and didn't answer anyone. I was in the FP with him and he was ignoring me as well. I was trying to text him but he kept yoloing into things so it was a real pain.

While at his house the next day I looked at his setup. He had never played an MMO before so he had no idea what need/greed meant he just knew clicking one of the buttons made the popup go away. He was ignoring me because somehow, probably while moving it, he had turned off his chat window. The only way it was visible was if he hovered over it.

These things happen. Sometimes there is a reason sometimes people are just jerks.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech