Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need to vent!

Andryah
03.02.2014 , 02:13 PM | #11
I very much appreciate that you prefaced your thread with "need to vent" I wish more people would do that since that is what many people actually wish to do around here.

That said..... IF you PUG...... you get what you get, and pretty much have to suck it up or stop PUGing.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Pirana
03.02.2014 , 02:18 PM | #12
Yep, been there myself. As a person who regularly plays tanks and healers, ignore, ignore and ignore. Dps are a dime a dozen. More than likely they'll be the ones complaining in General chat about queue times. Utilize that ignore function and move on.

Add to the plethora of reasons why dps queues are longer.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

AelixVII
03.02.2014 , 02:18 PM | #13
Had a guy in one of my early fp's that had a colorful mix of pretty much every type of gear. His reasoning behind it was that he 'needed each kind to be strong and more armor is better'.

Things like this don't just happen with low level ones either. Yesterday, was in a HM Hammer station and the Tank afk'd on the first big group so he was kicked by the dps leader. I abstained from the vote not knowing what his situation was (could have just been called away for a few mins) and knowing tanks were scarce at that time of night. Sure enough we had to run the entire FP without a tank. It was fun at first downing the bosses but disaster struck when we reached the final one. Couldn't manage it and wiped twice. It was at this point I noticed the dps leader had stopped queuing because he wanted to feel big and strong downing the boss with just the 3 of us. (He'd spent the whole time saying how proud he was about being able to do it) So in chat I asked if we could perhaps queue for a tank again given that we were losing. Next thing I know, the healer randomly kicks me with the reason 'lalalalalal'. I was going to whisper him asking why but decided that whatever response I'd get would be utter *****, like that run.

Essence_of_Light
03.02.2014 , 03:55 PM | #14
I feel all of your pain OP (& other posters with similar experiences). Whenever this happens I tend to inform the person(s) first that they're doing something wrong (whatever it may be). If they send me a snappy response or just ignore me, and continue to derp then they go straight on ignore.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!

Couver
03.02.2014 , 04:16 PM | #15
That's not as bad as the FP I ran where the tank (a Shadow) had no stance on, wouldn't respond in group chat when being asked to turn a stance on and tank, and was using a single blade lightsaber. A level 50 btw which made me incredibly curious if they had leveled all the way to 50 doing that. I'd say that they were a fairly new F2Per and that that was MAYBE their excuse but, they were wearing old columni/rakata gear so I know they've been around for awhile.

invertioN
03.02.2014 , 05:11 PM | #16
By the way, you don't need to heal at all in Esseles. You should just dps to get the enemies down faster, ESPECIALLY when you see your team is full of terrible players.

Quote: Originally Posted by Couver View Post
That's not as bad as the FP I ran where the tank (a Shadow) had no stance on, wouldn't respond in group chat when being asked to turn a stance on and tank, and was using a single blade lightsaber. A level 50 btw which made me incredibly curious if they had leveled all the way to 50 doing that. I'd say that they were a fairly new F2Per and that that was MAYBE their excuse but, they were wearing old columni/rakata gear so I know they've been around for awhile.
Had a sentinel using basic attack 80% of the time in one of the CZ HM flashpoints, made me wonder how he managed to level

MidichIorian
03.02.2014 , 06:04 PM | #17
I never queue for Esseles because it bugs out on the last convo every time and I never get to complete it anyway but I thought it, and BT, still followed trinity matchmaking? They've turned it into a tactical flashpoint where you can get grouped with any spec now?

Banegio
03.02.2014 , 06:22 PM | #18
Isn't the inspect window bugged and doesn't always show the offhand?

Pirana
03.02.2014 , 06:51 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
I never queue for Esseles because it bugs out on the last convo every time and I never get to complete it anyway but I thought it, and BT, still followed trinity matchmaking? They've turned it into a tactical flashpoint where you can get grouped with any spec now?
Correct.

The first flash points on both sides, Esse and BT do not follow the trinity. The subsequent ones are when it shifts to the trinity.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

Sarfux
03.02.2014 , 07:10 PM | #20
The Internet. You will never find a more retchid hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious!
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System