Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need to vent!

Spearo
03.02.2014 , 12:08 PM | #1
Okay, so i need to vent...bear with me, or don't... your call.

So i made a new char, a smuggler, did my thing on Ord Mantell. All was fine in the world, i get to the fleet, i decided to get my groupfinder on for some easy xp and bonus commendations. (we've all done it, don't Judge) By then i'm a scoundrel, which i fully intend to play as a healer. (having studied how to properly do that)

After a short wait, during which i did some stuff on the fleet, the window pops. For some reason i'm teamed up with 3 sentinels. Which is fine, this is the Esseless after all. Still, early in the FP, i ask my partners to select someone to go first, maybe he/ she can hold the agro, make the healing easy. No reply, but i manage, it's an easy FP afterall. If i don't toss a grenade i don't get mobbed much. (and mentally i pick the most eager one to be "tank")

I then notice that 2 of the sentinels are not wielding their second lightsaber, being me, i mention that. NO reply again. Normally it gets me at least a "Don't have a second lightsaber yet, NOOB" reaction. After which i kindly inform them
to check the backpack in their inventory. Again this being the Esseless, we manage. The mobs go down easy, the first boss takes a little longer, but who am i to Judge. A lightsaber hilts drops, i greed cause i'm a scoundrel, it's polite.

Second boss, three sentinel going at it like crazy, stealing agro from each other left and right. Al three losing health rapidly, when i'm not dodging mobs i heal them and myself and we win. A blaster pistol drops, and guess what 3 sentinels, i repeat 3 sentinels, all NEED, on my orange, nicely leveled blaster pistol. I need as well, naturally, but really what are my chances at this point, and indeed, that lovely pistol goes to the one saber wielding sentinel, i can barely keep alive.

At this point, i decide to frak it, and i log. See how they manage without my healer.

Anyway, this was me venting, if you made it this far, i'm sorry. Still perhaps you like to share your own horror stories.

Vandicus
03.02.2014 , 12:25 PM | #2
Could be bots(there used to be quite a few bots running fps and needing on all gear), or just a real jerk multiboxing.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

venomlash
03.02.2014 , 12:45 PM | #3
Some bads just won't learn. Why do bads always seem to gravitate to Sentinel...?

Elyx
03.02.2014 , 01:05 PM | #4
I feel your pain spearo. This is one of those reasons I wish that MMO's made playing a healer and tank mandatory sometimes. so the DPS players that really are clueless would have to get a clue, or at least appreciate playing the classes that far too often have to hold the group up.

But, if this is your first time healing regularly, The best advice I can give is "get used to it". not in a harsh way, but really...unless you end up playing solely with a fine tuned guild group (or even just a guild group that is decent enough to learn), you will get this allot.

On the flip side, the frequency of this bad style of play really makes you appreciate those who actually play well. You end up actually forming close bonds to those who ARE paying attention, and doing their job well. Comradeship at it's greatest.

Perhaps Im looking for the silver lining in the cloud...but really, it makes you appreciate a PuG tank when he can manage the adds and boss effectively...and DPS that can target appropriately, and peel mobs off of the healer. I like to call it the reality check. am I appreciating those with decent skill? check. am I appreciating those who are new but learn quick? check.
"I just hit 50 and finished my class storyline, but I still haven't been able to decide which AC to choose. Leveling solo as a warrior wasn't difficult, so I kept putting off the decision.
Anyone else having the same problem? "~ lagerhat - And who says warriors are broke?

Euphrosyne
03.02.2014 , 01:22 PM | #5
Yeah, unfortunately, this is not an uncommon thing. There are plenty of idiots who play every class and spec, who ninja loot that they don't actually need, and who don't understand how to manage fights. In the last few days while pugging flashpoints on various characters, I've had tanks in dps gear that don't even use their tank stance, I've had dps that attack CCed targets and spam their basic attack, and I've had healers that don't understand the concept of a "cleanse" after being repeatedly told about that specific mechanic and who refuse to use their spec's healing moves while relying on the basic heals that they get at like level 11.

While I would say it's not uncommon, I would point out that it's also not the rule, either. I've had more 'good' pug flashpoint and operation runs, where everybody knew their role and the mechanics (or was willing to admit that they didn't know beforehand, in which case we talked it out, made sure everybody understood, and then facerolled) than 'bad' ones. When you run into the bad ones, the best solution is to do pretty much what you did: leave, ignore the ninjas/bads, and requeue after a bit in hopes of finding a better group. It's easiest to do that as a healer or a tank; often, as a dps, you have to take your lumps because if you put too many people on ignore (or vice versa) there's a strong likelihood that you'll never be able to group again.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

Halinalle
03.02.2014 , 01:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post
Some bads just won't learn. Why do bads always seem to gravitate to Sentinel...?
Don't generalize... please. I have Sentinel and Marauder. I know the correct kill order if fight mechanics don't change it: anyone who is hitting/shooting healer -> trash -> strong -> elite -> champion.

OP, you should just get used it. Believe me it could have been even worse experience. In Esseles you don't need tank or healer if you all damage the mobs and kill them fast enough. About that blaster pistol, they probably wanted it for T7. I've had even worse experience with one Marauder (who used only one saber): sniper rifle drops in Black Talon FP and of course this player Needs it. Try to guess who was the only sniper in the group.

jaytdasme
03.02.2014 , 01:41 PM | #7
may the force be with you.
“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Spearo
03.02.2014 , 01:48 PM | #8
Thanks guys, for the advice and the warnings. I'll take it all to heart.

hadoken
03.02.2014 , 01:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post
some bads just won't learn. Why do bads always seem to gravitate to sentinel...?
cuz 2 saberz r bettr n 1 lolz

Spearo
03.02.2014 , 01:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
cuz 2 saberz r bettr n 1 lolz
Not if they don't use their second lightsaber. duhz. As two of the sentinels did, or rather didn't.