Trying to figure out how they're going to solve the "relic issue" in 2.7.

So from what I can gather, and I'm not a super hardcore PvE'er so stop me if I'm wrong here, Orboan (PvP) relics are currently the second best in the game if you don't insist on using click-relics. The Obroan relics are also fairly easy to acquire and there's no RNG involved in getting them.

Now, 2.7 is said to bring a new PvP tier. I'm just going to assume here that a new tier will include even better PvP relics. What does this mean for PvE? Are they going to put the Dread forged relics on a vendor and sold for elite/ult comms? Wouldnt that be weird, relics from DP HM, which still has to be considered progressional raiding for the vast majority of players, now all of a sudden on a vendor? There's no new level cap in 2.7 so the population that will be able to take on DP HM will remain pretty much the same.

Anyone got any info or throughts on this? Are they going to put the DF gear in SM'es? Perhaps it has already been established how they will solve this potential problem.

Edited by MidichIorian

they could just say pvp relics only work in pvp areas, but that would be far too simple
Yeah that's what I've always thought was weird, PvE relics have restrictions in warzones but PvP relics work everywhere. I guess it has to do with OW-PvP but it should still be possible to restrict the triggering of said relics in non-dueling areas, such as operations.

Yeah i don't know, it just strikes me as a bit inconsistent.

There will be no new PvE commendation gear in 2.7.

78 Gear will likely be craftable in 2.7(either then or 2.8 when all of the 81 gear is fully out), just like how Underworld is craftable now, making it possible to get Dread Forged relics with some mats.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

I really don't think Dread Forged gear will suddenly be purchasable for comms... The new gear is only 81s, and will be token drops like Kell Dragon was, and still is.

Being able to craft 78s would be nice, been holding onto bits and pieces waiting for that.

I agree. This seems the most likely.

Edited by Khevar

Since the new tier of gear is from the NM mode, it will be available from the Nightmare Vendors on the Ziost like the Kell Dragon gear. So once again, this will be an entirely separate tier from the standard raid gear. This may even mean that 78's will not be opened to crafting.

So I doubt it will have any effect on the relic situation. Since so many people struggle with mechanics, HM Tyrans is too difficult and the Obroan relics are their only choice.

Edited by RandomXChance

Since the new tier of gear is from the NM mode, it will be available from the Nightmare Vendors on the Ziost like the Kell Dragon gear. So once again, this will be an entirely separate tier from the standard raid gear. This may even mean that 78's will not be opened to crafting.

So I doubt it will have any effect on the relic situation. Since so many people struggle with mechanics, HM Tyrans is too difficult and the Obroan relics are their only choice.

When 75's were released 72's became craftable, so it is kind of logical for them to open the 78 for crafting when 81's are released. This is something they said they will do when 2.0 came out, second bis will become craftable (except for NiM gear). Edit: I am wrong, the 72's became craftable in 2.4 with the release of 78's.

However, I think we will have a huge gear discrepancy, when (TfB/SnV) NiM were released, BiS was two tiers above what was craftable (69->75). If 78's won't become craftable then we will have three tiers of discrepancy and it will sort of make the point of crafting raid gear moot.

Ps, if they continue the same loot distribution we have now from DP/DF, you won't be able to get the relics till 2.8 comes with DP NiM, which will leave us with PvP bis between 2.7 and 2.8 (9 weeks!).

Edited by znihilist

So from what I can gather, and I'm not a super hardcore PvE'er so stop me if I'm wrong here, Orboan (PvP) relics are currently the second best in the game if you don't insist on using click-relics. The Obroan relics are also fairly easy to acquire and there's no RNG involved in getting them.

Now, 2.7 is said to bring a new PvP tier. I'm just going to assume here that a new tier will include even better PvP relics. What does this mean for PvE? Are they going to put the Dread forged relics on a vendor and sold for elite/ult comms? Wouldnt that be weird, relics from DP HM, which still has to be considered progressional raiding for the vast majority of players, now all of a sudden on a vendor? There's no new level cap in 2.7 so the population that will be able to take on DP HM will remain pretty much the same.

Anyone got any info or throughts on this? Are they going to put the DF gear in SM'es? Perhaps it has already been established how they will solve this potential problem.

In theory Obroan relics should be third BiS behind DF and KD i believe(only marginally worse than KD though, higher proc but lower static power, on average only ~6 power behind), although the double proccy-ness of some relics messes up the relative order for classes with a self heal built into their rotation. Do the obroan ones double proc currently? I've never used one. I would really hope they will be able to fix the relics bugs in 2.7 anyway :/

Also, both Dread Forged and Kell Dragon relics are easy to acquire with no RNG involved in them as well, its only Dread Forged Implants and Ears that are RNG based and can be a bit of a headache to get.

I cant imagine the PvP relics even in their new form being better than Dread Forged ones if all relics are not bugged., although they may very well be close. However, I cant remember the last time there were no relic bugs so its entirely possible there will be an issue again. Hopefully the pts will actually come out this week and these things can be tested. Heard some rumors it will be Tuesday, but who really knows.

Well, you are right Obroan relic are superior to Underworld and quite easy to get. Well not that easy, you need 2600 ranked comms + 1400 unranked which is a lot for non-PVP players. Anyway if someone is resilient to "non wearing pvp gear" criticism in a warzone, one can get both obroan relics in a weekend (or a week) and very little effort. So I believe that some balancing must come inevitably taking into account that with a lockout on HM ops, and Tyrans himself, getting Dread forged token is not easy.

For a relics I use, while Dread forged Relic of Fortunate Redoubt or Focused Retribution are far superior to Obroan version as it should be, Relic of Reactive Warding is in fact the same and currently a waste of Dread Forged token.

The sure thing is that with 2.7 new PVP gear will arrive with a new PVP season - this will most probably boost also relics - and thus, e.g. PVP Reactive warding (which will most probably be upgradable from Obroan for some 1300 ranked comms again) will become superior to Dread forged.

I do not speak about NiM gear which will naturally be superior, but will be available in 2.8. and it will be doable only by minority of players.

People may be forgetting, but BW may be thinking of having the next tier for PvP relics have the same 740 Power or Main stat as the Dread Forged gear. the Obroan relics are only 625, compared to the 740 for Dread Forged.

Also, both Dread Forged and Kell Dragon relics are easy to acquire with no RNG involved in them as well, its only Dread Forged Implants and Ears that are RNG based and can be a bit of a headache to get.
Just to touch upon this, is significally easier for the average player to farm some warzones than to find a DP HM or snv NiM group, that's what I meant with "easier". So for someone who isnt in a progression guild, or a progression guild that hasnt managed to clear that content yet, the obvious choice would be to play 30 warzones.

As for RNG, I didnt mean the drop in themselves, I was refering to the chance of actually getting the item, through whatever loot distribution system the raid group is using. For some people it might only take one run while for others it might take four weeks. Again, assuming you have the group for it.

Edited by MidichIorian