Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How many people still actively play this game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How many people still actively play this game?

Rhalius
03.01.2014 , 06:36 AM | #11
Trying to find the balance between guild wars 2 and the old republic.

Bought Guild Wars 2 last week and it just made me realise how downright horrible Bioware is with level design.

Constantly recycling the same few assets over and over while every inch of the guild wars 2 world seems to have been made with attention to detail, many great little locations to explore and be amazed by. Exploring is fun here.

While in TOR, you soon realise they have the same space port, the same orbital station, the same interiours, etc all over the galaxy. First thing you see when setting foot on a new planet is the exact same thing you saw on every other planet before it. that damn overused orbital station followed by the overused spaceport.
Jedi Knight Gost Ganar
Member of The Praxeum Multi National Jedi RP Guild
"Defender of the people."

Selenial
03.01.2014 , 06:54 AM | #12
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

znihilist
03.01.2014 , 07:01 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Hey! Are you calling me fat ?
These are not the signatures you are looking for!

VanderII
03.01.2014 , 07:04 AM | #14
Me! i'm in game
- Neithan Legacy -
- A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities. - J.R.R.T

horrorfaneightys
03.01.2014 , 07:12 AM | #15
I spent around three weeks away from the game recently when I got back into another game, and discovered a new one. But they couldn't hold me for too long and now I'm back.
"There is no heavier burden than a great potential" ~ Linus, Peanuts
Morga-dar Level 54 Assassin Li'lu-fei Level 54 Sentinel
Xaniata-kee Level 53 Sniper

CabelHarn
03.01.2014 , 07:42 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhalius View Post

Bought Guild Wars 2 last week and it just made me realise how downright horrible Bioware is with level design.

Constantly recycling the same few assets over and over while every inch of the guild wars 2 world seems to have been made with attention to detail, many great little locations to explore and be amazed by. Exploring is fun here.

While in TOR, you soon realise they have the same space port, the same orbital station, the same interiours, etc all over the galaxy. First thing you see when setting foot on a new planet is the exact same thing you saw on every other planet before it. that damn overused orbital station followed by the overused spaceport.
I will agree for exploration GW2 beats the hell out of SWTOR. In other ways SWTOR is superior such as the storytelling - course I am a Star Wars fanatic so that doesn't hurt them but I still think GW2s story-telling isn't as good in the main class quests. The questing experience is very different as is the PvP and endgame from what little of GW2 I did -- no reason to not enjoy both.

I still regularly play. I don't play necessarily every day but that's cause I can't - I do at least log-in for some GTNing every day and craft stuff for alts and such. I have my next 5 alts already planned, leveling two right now -- Sniper, 2nd Jedi Knight (Sent and DS this time), Assassin (Light this time, my Sorc is evil evil), 2nd Trooper (LS this time), and Juggernaut. (much heavier dark this time, last was honor-bound light leaning).

And by planned I mean many have their mods and such in their cargo bay waiting, and outfits planned for them and some of their companions already in addition to just knowing what kind of character/personality they have.
Sith N Slide Code
Peace is no fun, I like to kill things. Through killing, I gain skillz. Through skillz, I gain LAWLZ UNLIMITED POWA! Through LAWLZ UNLIMITED POWA!, I gain PWNAGE Through PWNAGE, we have a lot of laughs. The Force shall get me shiney things.

UlfNevik
03.01.2014 , 08:51 AM | #17
I play almost everyday

Ghost_Spectre
03.01.2014 , 09:27 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhalius View Post

Spot on. I love exploring in GW2...I love taking my Ranger (lvl 80) into caves I've never been in. So far, in a month and half, I've explored nearly 70% of the map. I wish SWTOR had something similar. Then again, NCSoft is well known for their adventure setting in their games for individuals to strike out on their own.
Azumi Veng Juggernaut Imperius Deception Sin Demonicus Healing Sorceress
Tempest TK Sage Requiem Guardian Tank Sei-Cair Gunnery Commando
Starchild Legacy Jedi Convenant Guild Light/Dark Holiday

Rafaman
03.01.2014 , 09:56 AM | #19
Heh. I play every day and our guild is growing once again. So... I can't tell you how many but I'll go with "a bunch".

Maybe it depends on your server too though. On Harbinger we have multiple instances on most planets and the fleet Pops per instnace is always near or above 100.

MaximilianPower
03.01.2014 , 10:05 AM | #20
I do.

Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I do, wanna fight?
I do.
Hey, Barsen'thor Bill
What did you kill
Barsen'thor Bill

Zuckerkorn TøbiasFünke Jedi Covenant
The Nevernude Legacy: firing railguns up enemy tailpipes since 2013