Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BW slaps the PVP community in the face, again...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BW slaps the PVP community in the face, again...

ThelemachusRhade's Avatar


ThelemachusRhade
02.28.2014 , 08:53 PM | #1
Yes this is concerning the Rancor mount and here's my point.

I grudgingly agree that there is no way a mount like this won't be reskinned and monetized on the cartel market.
However, BW has already set a precedent for exclusive mounts including the tank from NiM EC and the transformer mount from NiM S&V.
So by reskinning the rancor mount for everyone including NiM opperations, BioWare is basically showing favoritism to the PVE community and putting another nail in the coffin of the PVP community.

The only fair and logical way to repair this catastrophe is to let the PVP community have the Rancor mount exclusive for at least 6 months with a possible reskin for season 2. This will make up for the exclusivity the PVErs have enjoyed with their 2 mounts for the last year and a half and will continue to drive interest for ppl to do ranked PVP, something which is badly needed.

After the exclusive period the Rancor, tank and transformer mounts should be reskinned and made available to both PVP and PVE and of course be put in the cartel market.

BioWare I think you have slapped the PVP community enough and you've seen it die over the last year and a half. If you have an ounce of respect for your PVP player base you will not continue on this path.

Thanks for reading my post.

Slicka's Avatar


Slicka
02.28.2014 , 09:00 PM | #2
Quit living in the past. This was the topic last week. This week's topic is "CM Packs vs Content". Next weeks? Who knows.
Server: Prophecy of the Five
16 Characters, when will it end? All advanced classes, ftw!

Youtube Playthrough Videos / Guides

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
02.28.2014 , 09:03 PM | #3
And if they don't?
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote:
Oooh look a butterfly.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

ThelemachusRhade's Avatar


ThelemachusRhade
02.28.2014 , 09:13 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
And if they don't?
It'll show they have no respect for the PVP community.

Fanyen's Avatar


Fanyen
02.28.2014 , 09:26 PM | #5
Grow up.

The only argument against giving a reskin version is "I don't want them to have it."

Seriously.

It doesn't take away the accomplishment of earning the original version, which is what the rewards are for anyway.

I don't care if they add a reskin version of every single mount. It still won't be the same as the original, and it won't hold the same prestige as earning the originals.
My referral link has been removed, because Bioware is inept.

ThelemachusRhade's Avatar


ThelemachusRhade
02.28.2014 , 09:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicka View Post
Quit living in the past. This was the topic last week. This week's topic is "CM Packs vs Content". Next weeks? Who knows.
Actually the topic is this week because of the developer post confirming the reskin.

ThelemachusRhade's Avatar


ThelemachusRhade
02.28.2014 , 09:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Fanyen View Post
Grow up.

The only argument against giving a reskin version is "I don't want them to have it."

Seriously.

It doesn't take away the accomplishment of earning the original version, which is what the rewards are for anyway.

I don't care if they add a reskin version of every single mount. It still won't be the same as the original, and it won't hold the same prestige as earning the originals.
No the argument is that they are showing favouritism to PVErs. Go read the post again.

MythicalKnight's Avatar


MythicalKnight
02.28.2014 , 09:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ThelemachusRhade View Post
It'll show they have no respect for the PVP community.
And how do you think PvErs feel when BW makes class changes based upon PvP, huh?? You think we're not just a little miffed at that? Just be happy you're getting the rancor mount first.
Talking heads? What talking heads?

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
02.28.2014 , 09:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ThelemachusRhade View Post
No the argument is that they are showing favouritism to PVErs. Go read the post again.
Since when is the CM strictly PvE only? Your argument is flawed.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
Quote:
Oooh look a butterfly.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

ThelemachusRhade's Avatar


ThelemachusRhade
02.28.2014 , 09:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Since when is the CM strictly PvE only? Your argument is flawed.
Do you see the tank or transformer mount on CM?