Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*** is the point with all the half-naked gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
*** is the point with all the half-naked gear?

TUXs
02.27.2014 , 02:37 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
If you have ideas you would like the best thing I can say is post here like I did...
Yeah, judging by the Dev Tracker, that's a great place to put ideas you dislike
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

CmdrShpd
02.27.2014 , 02:39 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post
This right here is exactly what is the whole conclusion on this subject. Skimpy outfits don't belong on a battlefield. A person running around with half a shirt, half leg pants or no pants fighting an enemy that has double layer heavy armor on? Yah, isn't quite "immersive". I don't like the skimpy outfits.

Also, "If you don't like it, you dont have to buy it" is not the issue here. The issue here is exactly what TUXs said. Of course people know they don't have to buy it if they don't like it. It's having to look at that type of "armor" in the game that just doesn't belong in those environments. That is what people don't agree with.
Can't you just role play in your mind that all of those people wearing contextually-inappropriate clothing are all about to meet a horrific demise?

Surely doing that would be better than actually restricting what people can and can't wear based on your personal preferences?

DarthTHC
02.27.2014 , 02:39 PM | #23
So, tell me. When is the last time you saw our soldiers wear bikinis and swimsuits on the battlefield?
Tell me... when was the last time you saw our soldiers wear bikinis and swimsuits OFF the battlefield?

If you don't like it, don't use it. Others like it.

When you like something and others don't, then use it. And be happy that others don't clamor for BioWare to remove it.

Life can be so simple!
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

AlienEyeTX
02.27.2014 , 02:41 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Knorlac View Post
The problem only arises(for me), when a larger portion of the playerbase runs around in those outfits. It tends to stretch my immersion when troopers who have to expect getting hit on the battlefield(thus the heavy armor) run around in bikinis.
I realize it's not up to me what others want to wear, but yeah it bugs me sometimes.
Well, I for one, will certainly keep YOUR immersion at the top of my mind when gearing MY character. Personally, I find the skimpy stuff no more immersion-breaking than jedi in heavy armor or tauntauns on Tattooine.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

AlienEyeTX
02.27.2014 , 02:43 PM | #25
So, tell me. When is the last time you saw our soldiers wear bikinis and swimsuits on the battlefield?
It does seem that it would allow for a certain freedom of movement and increased range of motion over traditional armors or giant, spikey shoulder pads.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

DarthTHC
02.27.2014 , 02:43 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Well, I for one, will certainly keep YOUR immersion at the top of my mind when gearing MY character. Personally, I find the skimpy stuff no more immersion-breaking than jedi in heavy armor or tauntauns on Tattooine.
You forgot Treek on Fleet. And people... riding... RIDING... Rancors. But that last isn't technically ingame. Yet.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

IngeDanielsen
02.27.2014 , 02:43 PM | #27
Compare SW to real world, NO
We can just compare the game to the movie. No, movie have some Jedi, Sith or Guardian, running on the battlefield in bikini.
The game should stay as close to the movie as they can. Simple

Edit: maybe Disney get some ideas from this game.

CosmicKat
02.27.2014 , 02:45 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Hurry up, let's all run through WalMart and Target, ripping all the bikinis off the stands and burn them in a big pile. We can use science books to start the fire!
Don't use the spelling books, looks like he needs those.
"I still think nothing that has been suggested in the last

10 minutes beats 'smashy smashy egg men'."

DarthTHC
02.27.2014 , 02:45 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by IngeDanielsen View Post
Compare SW to real world, NO
We can just compare the game to the movie. No, movie have some Jedi, Sith or Guardian, running on the battlefield in bikini.
The game should stay as close to the movie as they can. Simple
Pray tell, which movie depicts the Star Wars universe at the time of The Old Republic?

TUXs
02.27.2014 , 02:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
....or tauntauns on Tattooine.
/ponder....
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.