Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A plea for change - Alignment.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A plea for change - Alignment.

Phatbeard
03.02.2014 , 08:14 AM | #41
The alignment system is the superfluous third ****** of this game. It's just kind of "there," and you look at it every now and then, but it doesn't actually do anything or than limit some types of lightsabers. It's incredibly shallow and underdeveloped. If everyone woke up tomorrow and it had disappeared from the game, would anyone notice?

jaytdasme
03.02.2014 , 01:56 PM | #42
Yea alignment really hasnt had a place in this game. Beyond Making your Sith kind of a nice guy or your Jedi kind of a D-bag... i think the saber color restrictions made a touch of sense. The exotic colors like purple, pink, white, w/e thats fine.. but it just makes more sense lore wise to have sith be red and jedi blue & green. Traditionally speaking.

I think faction crossover would make an epic expansion tho. if your alignment is high enough on one of the extremes you access a mission that allows you to switch sides and your character becomes it's mirror equivalent of the same level.

i have a 48 sniper but i really want a slinger and i had to start over yesterday -_- such a pain.
“Do or do not. There is no try.”