Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Preview items from the new packs... ALREADY ??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preview items from the new packs... ALREADY ??

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
03.09.2014 , 11:10 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Drehy View Post
Lol and with that ladies and gentleman, we're now done here. I've seen it all but this is just up there with it taking the cake...
So me actually playing the game makes you give up?

Interesting.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Drehy's Avatar


Drehy
03.09.2014 , 11:10 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Doesn't matter, you said you didn't use those words together when I clearly probed you did.
I never denied it after you posted it. I emphasized how ridiculous it was and how it breaks forum rules

Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I've yet to see you say anything critical and constructive to warrant a civil and mature discussion.
In your opinion darling, now we're done. Have a good night.

Motovator's Avatar


Motovator
03.09.2014 , 11:13 PM | #213
I don't mind the CM and I know the purpose it serves. However, I agree they need to tone it down a bit, and start implementing some of these items into... well loot drops and or pvp rewards. It's a shame nearly everything new this game gets ends up on the CM.

Drehy's Avatar


Drehy
03.09.2014 , 11:15 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Motovator View Post
I don't mind the CM and I know the purpose it serves. However, I agree they need to tone it down a bit, and start implementing some of these items into... well loot drops and or pvp rewards. It's a shame nearly everything new this game gets ends up on the CM.
It's because this game is just a cash grab now. This game could have been so awesome but tanked due to the sleaziness of the companies running it.

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
03.09.2014 , 11:17 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by Drehy View Post
It's because this game is just a cash grab now. This game could have been so awesome but tanked due to the sleaziness of the companies running it.
Disagree. The game is in better stable shape then it was at launch and the months after.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

OpeningToEndgame's Avatar


OpeningToEndgame
03.10.2014 , 06:06 AM | #216
Here's what I can -never- understand. Buying re-skinned stuff from the Cartel Market does NOT affect your game play whatsoever. It doesn't give you +1000 to your stats. It doesn't make you better in PvP, PvE, or GS. It just makes you look/feel pretty. That's it. They're a business. Businesses make money. That's what they're doing. Stop looking for attention and go play Candy Crush if you're going to whine about it. They don't force you to buy stuff. You're probably mad because you can't afford it. Neither can I, but it doesn't ruin my game play.

EzioMessi's Avatar


EzioMessi
03.10.2014 , 06:12 AM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Disagree. The game is in better stable shape then it was at launch and the months after.
Yes. But being better than what it was at launch is:

1. Extremely easy considering how lacking it was
2. Not enough to warrant stagnation and resting on one's laurels.

If player housing, and by extension every other upcoming addition to this game turns out not be a cash grab, I'll be a happy guy. If OWPvP is (re)introduced and Ranked PvP is livened up, this game will be even more awesome. If they stop releasing 1 year-old Ops with more health and damage per boss as "new content" and actually start making new Ops every so often, this game will be legendary.

If they release more Hypercrates and packs, and keep making awesome items and adding NOTHING to the in-game vendors, this game will just kill itself by boring the hell out of it's players.
Jung Ma - The Assassino Legacy <Dark Legion Empire>
Aetios - Level 55 Sentinel

EzioMessi's Avatar


EzioMessi
03.10.2014 , 06:21 AM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by OpeningToEndgame View Post
Here's what I can -never- understand. Buying re-skinned stuff from the Cartel Market does NOT affect your game play whatsoever. It doesn't give you +1000 to your stats. It doesn't make you better in PvP, PvE, or GS. It just makes you look/feel pretty. That's it. They're a business. Businesses make money. That's what they're doing. Stop looking for attention and go play Candy Crush if you're going to whine about it. They don't force you to buy stuff. You're probably mad because you can't afford it. Neither can I, but it doesn't ruin my game play.
HAHAHAHAHAHA You clearly haven't ever read the tooltip on the Cartel Market ships have you? Nor have ever tried converting your Ship Req to Fleet Req? GSF is a cash-grab at best. It is very clearly Pay-2-Win (or at least, Pay-2 fast forward 90% of the gearing process).

Also, what good does looking pretty do to me? When literally no one is playing the game I want to play so badly? Will buying Cartel Coins make my queues pop faster? Will it ever lead to the introduction of features that Bioware/EA can't farm for Cartel Coins like they did with GSF and clearly plan to do with player housing?

Anyone who thinks that buying Cartel Coins leads to introduction of new, awesome content faster is fooling themselves. You know how they made $139 million in one year from the Cartel Market purchases? Look at the past 2 years. Yet there's been no increase in the speed of adding Operations (we're not getting a new one for almost a year since DF and DP were released), the new Flashpoint is terrible, and there's been no new warzone for well over a year. The "events" are just repeatedly grinding boring missions over and over and over again, and nearly all vanity items added to the game have a better version on the CM. Do you really not see the pattern? They're only releasing content for which they can charge players huge amounts of money, like GSF, housing, and anything new they plan to add in the future.
Jung Ma - The Assassino Legacy <Dark Legion Empire>
Aetios - Level 55 Sentinel

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
03.10.2014 , 06:24 AM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
Yes. But being better than what it was at launch is:

1. Extremely easy considering how lacking it was
2. Not enough to warrant stagnation and resting on one's laurels.

If player housing, and by extension every other upcoming addition to this game turns out not be a cash grab, I'll be a happy guy. If OWPvP is (re)introduced and Ranked PvP is livened up, this game will be even more awesome. If they stop releasing 1 year-old Ops with more health and damage per boss as "new content" and actually start making new Ops every so often, this game will be legendary.

If they release more Hypercrates and packs, and keep making awesome items and adding NOTHING to the in-game vendors, this game will just kill itself by boring the hell out of it's players.
1.) I actually came in at Jan 2012, a month after launch and I felt like at my pace I had plenty to do
2.) However I didn't quit the game in Aug 2012 cause of stagnation, by that time I still had 3 class stories left to complete. I quit cause WoW's new xpac was coming and my SWTOR guild was not worth the hassle of raiding with anymore so I went back to my WoW friends. This is just my view but I still had plenty to do when I left and as of now I still do.

3.)I'm going to ignore your Happy paragraph since I have no issue with it. New Packs are going to keep coming and Idk if you've noticed or not but we keep getting new rep vendors and Every Ops and PvP tier gets new gear added. So they have been indeed adding new items.

Unless you meant the CE Vendor, but I won't get into that can of worms.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

EzioMessi's Avatar


EzioMessi
03.10.2014 , 06:47 AM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
1.) I actually came in at Jan 2012, a month after launch and I felt like at my pace I had plenty to do
2.) However I didn't quit the game in Aug 2012 cause of stagnation, by that time I still had 3 class stories left to complete. I quit cause WoW's new xpac was coming and my SWTOR guild was not worth the hassle of raiding with anymore so I went back to my WoW friends. This is just my view but I still had plenty to do when I left and as of now I still do.
Obviously there are different paces of enjoying in-game content. I have personally only completed 1 and 1/2 class stories yet, 'coz I go really really slow with those, and plan to continue with and finish as many stories as I can over the next month or two where I'll be inactive. However, to people who specifically play just one facet of the game, for example endgame PvE, or PvP (I have doing the latter for about 4 months now), there was, and still in fact is a massive lack of content to do.

Quote:
3.)I'm going to ignore your Happy paragraph since I have no issue with it. New Packs are going to keep coming and Idk if you've noticed or not but we keep getting new rep vendors and Every Ops and PvP tier gets new gear added. So they have been indeed adding new items.

Unless you meant the CE Vendor, but I won't get into that can of worms.
I should have been more clear. I meant the addition of unique items to vendors, and keeping the CM items completely unique and distinct.

I have no problems with Hypercrates themselves. I have problems when they leech away items that belong better with in-game vendors. First off, the added PvP gear that's being added is not a new item. It's the same as Obroan, with a different colour scheme, and +4 to all stats, something which many, many PvPers are angered by. Second, whatever gets added to vendors, has much better versions available from the Cartel Market. Like the Animal Mounts. We get a basic Tauntaun after weeks of grinding, CM buyers get an awesome-looking version for no cost. We have to grind the same event for multiple iterations to get some awesome items like Varactyles, Scalene Armor, the Spheres, etc. The Cartel Market already has Varactyls, and Gold Scalene Armor, and other things.

Let me give an example: the recent outrage over the rancors. They added it for the highest end PvPers. We're all happy. They added it for NiM PvErs, some PvPers are outraged, but most of us are happy, because NiM is bloody difficult. Then they add it for Cartel Market. Ranked queues die within a week of the announcement. THAT is what I'm against. The Cartel Market has gotten every, single, bloody, awesome item since release. They got reskinned Korrealis items, they get Rancors, they get every good-looking item in the game. I have nothing against the idea of a Cartel Market. The current implementation though, is sucking away from vanity content in-game.

I don't propose they completely abandon the CM. I propose they make the CM completely unique, give the CM it's own awesome looking items that the whole game would jump at. But at the same time, give the other players unique items through in-game means.
Jung Ma - The Assassino Legacy <Dark Legion Empire>
Aetios - Level 55 Sentinel