Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Preview items from the new packs... ALREADY ??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preview items from the new packs... ALREADY ??

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
02.28.2014 , 01:40 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
I'd resolve to run these Ops
A thousand times a day
And ask everyone if they'll carry me
In some old fashioned way
But my silent fears have gripped me
Long before I reach the boss
Long before my rotation tripped me
Must I always run alone?
I'm sorry to say but everything that Bioware does is NOT certainly magic.

hadoken's Avatar


hadoken
02.28.2014 , 01:44 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Tygranir View Post
Actually, they can. Having more to do can add to continued subscriptions. In addition, specific armor skins that could drop specifically from there could have a nice asthetic the goes well with certain CM mounts, further increasing revenue from those that are going for that certain look. There are many ways to monetize the environment that are not detrimental to those that opt out of the appoach.
Theoretically sure, but at this point they've proven they profit off the CM stuff (more money from CM than from subs). So what do you think they'd prefer to do? Put new skins on old content or charge you cash for gambling packs to get them? Well it doesn't matter what you think, it's what they're doing.

Tygranir's Avatar


Tygranir
02.28.2014 , 01:48 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
Theoretically sure, but at this point they've proven they profit off the CM stuff (more money from CM than from subs). So what do you think they'd prefer to do? Put new skins on old content or charge you cash for gambling packs to get them? Well it doesn't matter what you think, it's what they're doing.
How do you know this? I think they would rather have both subs and CM purchases. Income from both aspects would be ideal in any business sense. I haven't bout a single cartel coin, but get plenty from having a subscription. That alone tells me that they value subscribers.
I am eating your canon, and pooping your immersion.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
02.28.2014 , 01:49 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
Theoretically sure, but at this point they've proven they profit off the CM stuff (more money from CM than from subs). So what do you think they'd prefer to do? Put new skins on old content or charge you cash for gambling packs to get them? Well it doesn't matter what you think, it's what they're doing.
Still remains to be seen for how long that will hold and what's their exit strategy if it doesn't.

I mean, assuming subscribers represent the bulk of the people who buy packs on the CM, what will happen if THESE same people drop their subs and subsequently cartel pack purchases altogether?

I find it hard to believe that people who are F2P or Preferred - at best - are the ones dropping huge sums of money on the CM. Talk about living on a razor's edge...

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
02.28.2014 , 01:50 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
I'd resolve to run these Ops
A thousand times a day
And ask everyone if they'll carry me
In some old fashioned way
But my silent fears have gripped me
Long before I reach the boss
Long before my rotation tripped me
Must I always run alone?
Would you also say that:

Every little bling they add is magic
Every bling they add just turns you on
Even though my Ops before were tragic
Now I know my love for loot goes on and on and on?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

ikinai's Avatar


ikinai
02.28.2014 , 01:51 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
I'm sorry to say but everything that Bioware does is NOT certainly magic.
BIOWARE!
You don't need to put it on the CM
BIOWARE!
You don't need to put it on the CM
And make the cool speeders drop from packs tonight
Make your money from the CM packs tonight
BIOWARE!
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
02.28.2014 , 01:52 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
BIOWARE!
You don't need to put it on the CM
BIOWARE!
You don't need to put it on the CM
And make the cool speeders drop from packs tonight
Make your money from the CM packs tonight
BIOWARE!
Now that one is far more appropriate.

Slicka's Avatar


Slicka
02.28.2014 , 01:55 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
I find it hard to believe that people who are F2P or Preferred - at best - are the ones dropping huge sums of money on the CM. Talk about living on a razor's edge...
I have to agree with this. It's nothing to see players complain they can't get X item from a cartel pack, and they spent over Y sum of money in order to try to get X item.
Server: Prophecy of the Five
16 Characters, when will it end? All advanced classes, ftw!

Youtube Playthrough Videos / Guides

Suzina's Avatar


Suzina
02.28.2014 , 01:56 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Gamesux View Post
So glad to see u guys only care about trolling the boards... as always
You have to admit, the majority of the "content" for this game, the majority of rewards, are acquired with money.
Member of Bane Fleet

Tygranir's Avatar


Tygranir
02.28.2014 , 01:59 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
You have to admit, the majority of the "content" for this game, the majority of rewards, are acquired with money.
Wait... games are created by companies for money?
/pitchfork

Seriously though. All I pay is my subscription. There are certain looks that only come from the CM, but all rewards I have earned came from playing.
I am eating your canon, and pooping your immersion.